It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing the beginning of ethnic cleansing in Ukraine?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
demonstration in Rome against EU yesterday and support for people of Donbass.

meantime, in Kharkiv, a city with 1.5 million people
a few hundred people supporting United Ukraine

Kharkiv is next to join Novorossiya in my opinion.

Also yesterday in Mariupol, a hundred of enthusiasts supporting United Ukraine

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Ethnic and cultural cleansing in Ukraine
by Andrew Korybko
While the president of Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, has just inked an agreement with the leaders of the Donbas People’s Republic, Andrew Korybko dwells on the reasons for the uprising: it is not simply a question of refusing to recognize the coup government in Kiev, but an attempt to ward off an official project entailing the ethnic cleansing of the Russian-speaking populations.

www.voltairenet.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Vovin
a reply to: dragonridr

Putin is a liar who lost all credibility on the world stage? Compared to who, everybody in the American government for the last 15 years?

Putin's probably the most credible guy on the world stage at this point. When people think of world leaders, only two stand out at the top of the list: Obama and Putin, and Obama is just another puppet and everybody knows it.

Yes he is a liar started when Putin said there was no Russian troops in Crimea only later to admit he lied. Now back to the thread im still waiting for that ethnic cleansing claimed by the op.

Yeah maybe in your opinion. I disagree, because he never actually said that. In case you haven't noticed, Russia had thousands of troops at their naval base in Crimea, and he was referring to that. He most certainly did not say that he sent in soldiers to take over Crimea. Why would the Russians even have to do such a thing when Crimea was completely willing to rejoin Russia in the first place?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Yeah maybe in your opinion. I disagree, because he never actually said that. In case you haven't noticed, Russia had thousands of troops at their naval base in Crimea, and he was referring to that.

Then that must be the opinion of different sources also...

MOSCOW, March 4 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that his country has not deployed any troops in Crimea recently and has no plans to annex the peninsula.

en.ria.ru...

But then he admits to it...

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that Russian forces had been deployed to Crimea last month to support local defense teams, the first time he has admitted such involvement by Russia.

www.businessinsider.com...

But of course an ex KGB and now head of state in Russia knows the difference between being deployed to Crimea, and being deployed in Crimea.

Why would the Russians even have to do such a thing when Crimea was completely willing to rejoin Russia in the first place?

So what is this...

President’s Human Rights Council mid-point estimate: 55 percent of polled voters for annexation, turnout 40 percent, 22.5 percent of total Crimean population voting in favor.

A member of the Human Rights Council, Svetlana Gannushkina, talked about election fraud on Kanal 24 (as replayed on Ukrainian television), declaring that the Crimean vote “discredited Russia more than could be dreamed up by a foreign agent.”

www.forbes.com... oted-for-annexation/

Completely willing...does that include the Tartars?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Slavyansk, 29/06/14

Nazguard forces continue targeting residential buildings, intimidating local population.
Now they are also shelling a market place, 8 civilians have been killed yesterday.
War crimes in full swing.

edit on 29-6-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Webster Tarpley - Poroshenko's Gov't Still Chock-full of Neo-Nazis

Webster Tarpley is an American historian, economist, journalist, lecturer and a critic of U.S. foreign and domestic policy.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And secondary sources are always subjective. His words did not say "I sent troops to take over Crimea". He said there were Russians there. He did not send Russian forces there. Is that so hard to understand?

And who cares about the Tartars? Do you care about the opinions of aboriginals where you live? If you did you wouldn't be living there.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Reports coming in, both from professional analysts, and from well-informed residents of the Ukrainian areas where we are bombing the residents and assassinating their leaders (whom our government calls "terrorists"), suggest that Obama's Ukrainian coup in February, which installed a regime that is now ethnically cleansing Ukraine's southeast, is already producing blowback that will be far costlier to the United States than if we had not done it.

Today's Ukraine has the most-far-right government on Earth. It was appointed by Obama's agent, Victoria Nuland, who used to be Vice President Dick Cheney's top foreign-policy adviser. Her husband, Robert Kaplan, was a co-founder, along with Bill Kristol, of the Project for a New American Century, which cheer-led America's 2003 invasion against Iraq. Kaplan also is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and is also an editor of The New Republic, a "neo-conservative" publication that's designed to appeal to Americans who think of themselves as being Democrats, thus conservative "Democrats." Victoria Nuland was also a protege of both Hillary Clinton and John Kerry. She and her husband are highly regarded by America's aristocracy, which controls the entire Republican Party, and also the top level (the national level -- the Presidential-campaigns level) of the Democratic Party.
The Obama-team chose Arseniy Yatsenyuk to lead the post-coup Ukrainian Government, and he continues in power under the President, Petro Poroshenko, who was elected on May 25th to replace the one whom we overthrew on February 22nd, Viktor Yanukovych. Whereas Yanukovych was elected by all of Ukraine (when it was a unified country, not in civil war), Poroshenko was elected only by voters in the country's northwest, because had Yatsenyuk had begun on May 9th an ethnic-cleansing campaign against the residents in the southeast, to get the people who had voted for Yanukovuch to become either refugees abroad (in Russia), or else dead (if they don't leave). This cleansing of Yanukovych's voters will enable the Ukrainian Government in Kiev to continue as being far-right, but now presumably democratically electing its fascist rulers, rather than imposing them via a staged coup, like we did in February of this year.

www.opednews.com... sia-140629-515.html
edit on 29-6-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
Webster Tarpley - Poroshenko's Gov't Still Chock-full of Neo-Nazis

Webster Tarpley is an American historian, economist, journalist, lecturer and a critic of U.S. foreign and domestic policy.

Wow you're quoting webster Tarpley you must be disparate you know hes an anti american fanatic. Hes gone so far as to disprove of the work of the Dalai Lama and supporting China. Hes a known nut case he makes outrageous claims all the time like there is no such thing as global warming. He is regularly on Alex Jones show touting one crazy idea after another my favorite is the CIA planted snowden so he could infiltrate Russia and was sending information to the CIA as a double agent.Also said Russian government is controlled by NAZIs that went into hiding after world war 2 and formed the new world order and was using the soviets in an attempt to raise the third reich in europe. Hes heavy into the NWO along with his boss Lyndon LaRouche or should i say former where he used shall we say controversial campaign tactics against their opponents. Even at one point said the CIA and KGB was trying to kill him and Larouche for exposing the NWO.

Do you actually look into anything you post or is the rule if it agrees with your opinion no need to look into the source?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

And secondary sources are always subjective. His words did not say "I sent troops to take over Crimea". He said there were Russians there. He did not send Russian forces there. Is that so hard to understand?

And who cares about the Tartars? Do you care about the opinions of aboriginals where you live? If you did you wouldn't be living there.

Wow sounds like the NAZIs so Tartars are aborigines and there somehow sub human or something? Amazes me the double standards Putin supporters have to use protect Russians at all costs everyone else is expendable sounds alot like Hitler's germany to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
Slavyansk, 29/06/14

Nazguard forces continue targeting residential buildings, intimidating local population.
Now they are also shelling a market place, 8 civilians have been killed yesterday.
War crimes in full swing.

Intimidating really why didnt they just bomb the entire block they have bombers? Think maybe there was a fire fight there between separatists and Ukrainian forces in Urban combat like the separatists are using you hide within the civilian population. So this means in order tofight them you will have civilian casualties if the separatists wanted to truly lower civilian casualties they would stop hiding in residential buildings and setting up mortars around civilian buildings. As i said before Ukrainians have figured it out and avoiding the separatists and going so far as to chase them off from residential areas.

Now im still waiting to see this ethnic cleansing of the Russian population like you claimed are they gassing people in the streets firing squads rounding them up to put into camps? See you have shown nothing other than what happens when people fight in a city its called urban combat and sadly people die. If i had my way id say send them out to an open field and let them kill each other and let the civilians alone there always the one hurt most in armed conflicts. Ukraine army is trying to hold territory big mistake you set up reactionary forces when the separatists move you nail them than. All it requires is spotters calling in when they attempt to move Russia made the same mistake in Afganistan

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wow sounds like the NAZIs so Tartars are aborigines and there somehow sub human or something? Amazes me the double standards Putin supporters have to use protect Russians at all costs everyone else is expendable sounds alot like Hitler's germany to me.

If you can't formulate anything meaningful or even logical to say, then maybe you shouldn't say anything. You seem to spew a lot of stupid nonsense that impresses no one.

I'm not going to respect such a weak argument. I'm here to discuss geopolitical intervention in Ukraine, and now you people have run out of claims to pursue so you're pushing this Tartar thing. Except that I already told you people that I don't know anything about the Tartars. I'm not here to discuss Tartars.

And the aboriginal comment was pretty clear so I don't know how you missed the point: if you're willing to complain about the rights of Tartars in Ukraine, then you should damn well be supporting the rights of aboriginals in your own homeland. Otherwise you're a complete hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you can't formulate anything meaningful or even logical to say, then maybe you shouldn't say anything. You seem to spew a lot of stupid nonsense that impresses no one.

I'm not going to respect such a weak argument. I'm here to discuss geopolitical intervention in Ukraine, and now you people have run out of claims to pursue so you're pushing this Tartar thing. Except that I already told you people that I don't know anything about the Tartars. I'm not here to discuss Tartars.

And the aboriginal comment was pretty clear so I don't know how you missed the point: if you're willing to complain about the rights of Tartars in Ukraine, then you should damn well be supporting the rights of aboriginals in your own homeland. Otherwise you're a complete hypocrite.

You might want to rethink your logic its ok for Russia to mistreat Tartars because it happens in other countries thats the entirety of your argument. Yet Putin said he had to stand up for ethnic "Russians" while allowing tartars to be harassed and even killed causing them to have to leave their homes. As was pointed out in the definition used earlier this is ethnic cleansing.Putin opened this can of worms and unfortunately cant be closed if hes going to stand up and try to pretend hes protecting the rights of people instead of just a land grab by the Russians than indeed the the Tartars treatment by the Russians in Crimea is very important.

But as i see your willing to buy into Putins lies on protecting Russians yet seem to be ok with other people being mistreated. We see this all over in Russia the double standards like there mistreatment of the gay community or even immigrants. Anyone who isnt Russian or doesnt meet his standards cannot expect equal treatment in Putins Russia. And god forbid you disagree with him you end up in jail.
edit on 6/30/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what logic is, hence why you make up things you claim I say. I obviously never said that "its ok for Russia to mistreat Tartars because it happens in other countries". I said it's not ok for you people to be whining about the treatment of Tartars by Russia when you're just as complicit in the similar treatment of ethnic groups in your homelands. And I don't even know where you live and could not care less, but I know that this discrimination (that you claim) exists everywhere in the world.

However, your pathetic attempt to derail the topic at hand fails to hide the obvious truth: that Russia is not using weapons of war to murder people based on their ethnicity in Ukraine. Yet the Kiev junta is. If you are unaware of what is going on then guess what? It's not our job to teach you! The information is out there, easily accessible.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what logic is, hence why you make up things you claim I say. I obviously never said that "its ok for Russia to mistreat Tartars because it happens in other countries". I said it's not ok for you people to be whining about the treatment of Tartars by Russia when you're just as complicit in the similar treatment of ethnic groups in your homelands. And I don't even know where you live and could not care less, but I know that this discrimination (that you claim) exists everywhere in the world.

However, your pathetic attempt to derail the topic at hand fails to hide the obvious truth: that Russia is not using weapons of war to murder people based on their ethnicity in Ukraine. Yet the Kiev junta is. If you are unaware of what is going on then guess what? It's not our job to teach you! The information is out there, easily accessible.

Well Russia is sending troops into other countries and yes has used their military to kill civilians on purpose i might add suggest you look into the chechens Russia bombed a market killing women and children. Russia is using military in Ukraine as well as evidenced by the supply of Russians bringing tanks and rockets into Ukraine. There escalating the violence and in the end i think Ukraine should round up these troops and try them according to international law. As far as attempts to derail you have to produce evidence of ethnic cleansing occurring in Ukraine other than Crimea that is. Several of us asked for proof and all you show is scenes of Urban combat some of which was from Georgia and caused by Russians during their invasion there isnt that a little ironic? Do you not find it the least bit odd that the only reporters that are claiming a campaign against ethnic Russians is Russian media. Every country on the planet has reporters there why is it only Russian media? Does reporters from other countries just happen to blink at the wrong times?

So not to derail the thread show us some proof of this cleansing and stop trying to pass off a blown up car or apartment as trying to kill civilians when we dont know the circumstances. If a group of separatists take over an apartment and use it as a sniper position its a valid target. In Urban combat stuff gets destroyed especially when the separatists are relying heavily on mortars and RPGs.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well Russia is sending troops into other countries and yes has used their military to kill civilians on purpose i might add suggest you look into the chechens Russia bombed a market killing women and children. Russia is using military in Ukraine as well as evidenced by the supply of Russians bringing tanks and rockets into Ukraine. There escalating the violence and in the end i think Ukraine should round up these troops and try them according to international law. As far as attempts to derail you have to produce evidence of ethnic cleansing occurring in Ukraine other than Crimea that is. Several of us asked for proof and all you show is scenes of Urban combat some of which was from Georgia and caused by Russians during their invasion there isnt that a little ironic? Do you not find it the least bit odd that the only reporters that are claiming a campaign against ethnic Russians is Russian media. Every country on the planet has reporters there why is it only Russian media? Does reporters from other countries just happen to blink at the wrong times?

So not to derail the thread show us some proof of this cleansing and stop trying to pass off a blown up car or apartment as trying to kill civilians when we dont know the circumstances. If a group of separatists take over an apartment and use it as a sniper position its a valid target. In Urban combat stuff gets destroyed especially when the separatists are relying heavily on mortars and RPGs.

there is no urban warfare, there is only shelling of residential buildings, hospitals, market places from distance of a few km. All well documented in a last few pages. What urban warfare? Kiev forces cannot pass checkpoints at outskirts of Slavyansk.
Where is video from Georgia, prove it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You are derailing the thread. There's zero evidence for your claims. Just the same old boring lies. "Russia invaded Ukraine" and "Russia's giving tanks and rockets to rebels". You have no proof and even if you did it's just another BS argument that ignores the other factions doing the same thing. And you know what else it does? Derails this thread. This is about ethnic cleansing in Ukraine, not about your Russophobic crap. Just because I don't bend over and take it from anybody who says Ukraine is now perfect doesn't make me a Russian or a Russian lover. But accusing me as such is quite immature. But what should I expect from the Internet.

And I told you before, it's not my job to teach you. You should be learning for yourself. I have no obligation to provide you with anything, especially since you'll just ignore it anyways. Why would I be so stupid as to waste my time?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You are derailing the thread. There's zero evidence for your claims. Just the same old boring lies. "Russia invaded Ukraine" and "Russia's giving tanks and rockets to rebels". You have no proof and even if you did it's just another BS argument that ignores the other factions doing the same thing. And you know what else it does? Derails this thread. This is about ethnic cleansing in Ukraine, not about your Russophobic crap. Just because I don't bend over and take it from anybody who says Ukraine is now perfect doesn't make me a Russian or a Russian lover. But accusing me as such is quite immature. But what should I expect from the Internet.

And I told you before, it's not my job to teach you. You should be learning for yourself. I have no obligation to provide you with anything, especially since you'll just ignore it anyways. Why would I be so stupid as to waste my time?

Simple you and others make claims with the claims you provide evidence. Where not just going to take your word for it. However everything i said i indeed provide evidence for we have UN reports you summarily dissmiss because you choose to. We have evidence of Russia shipping equipment over its border to the sepratists contrary to Putins lies. We have evidence of the mis treatment of tartars by Russians in crimea. Again all this you choose to ignore. Yet you keep talking about NAZIs and ethnic cleansing both of which has been shown to be nothing more than propaganda by Putin. Now the reason i cant use the internet to find ethnic cleansing of Russians in Ukraine is the only source appears to be Russian propaganda who has been shown on multiple occasions to lie. Including trying to pass off videos from Irag and Georgia as being in Ukraine. There was one earlier in this thread supposedly showing shelling unfortunately it was georgian rebels in the video. And the shelling obviously occurred a long time before.

So again you and others make a claim that apparently you cannot show a thread of evidence for might as well just say fairies are being massacred in Ukraine by Junta forces. Fairy tales have more credibility than this garbage Russian media is trying to to convince us of.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Simple you and others make claims with the claims you provide evidence. Where not just going to take your word for it. However everything i said i indeed provide evidence for we have UN reports you summarily dissmiss because you choose to. We have evidence of Russia shipping equipment over its border to the sepratists contrary to Putins lies. We have evidence of the mis treatment of tartars by Russians in crimea. Again all this you choose to ignore. Yet you keep talking about NAZIs and ethnic cleansing both of which has been shown to be nothing more than propaganda by Putin. Now the reason i cant use the internet to find ethnic cleansing of Russians in Ukraine is the only source appears to be Russian propaganda who has been shown on multiple occasions to lie. Including trying to pass off videos from Irag and Georgia as being in Ukraine. There was one earlier in this thread supposedly showing shelling unfortunately it was georgian rebels in the video. And the shelling obviously occurred a long time before.

So again you and others make a claim that apparently you cannot show a thread of evidence for might as well just say fairies are being massacred in Ukraine by Junta forces. Fairy tales have more credibility than this garbage Russian media is trying to to convince us of.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Where is the video from Georgia, be specific, what page in this thread and which part of the video you are referring to. I am asking you again to prove it! Should not be hard for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join