It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are aliens just us "evolved"?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just a thought. Perhaps we have already evolved and many of these "visitors" are the human race (or version of it) going back in time. "If" time travel proves to be a viable scenario in the far distant future wouldn't it make sense that some factions of the human race would attempt to go back in time (for whatever malicious reasons). Just a pondering question.




posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
however, just to throw a wrench in your statement/question. (and to add a statement/question) why would humans come back from the future and take dna samples? Wouldn't they already know what human dna was/is?
considering scientist store dna (or so I have heard) of every animal on earth right now, what would they need it for?

Just another thought.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Blend56- excellent question.

Perhaps, the human race has evolved in such a way where technology has become the driving force of our evolution (as we are seeing today) and in the process we have lost "human spirit" and "emotion". All things in our lives will have become "external in nature". I have read much on "aliens" having no sense of emotion, love, spirit etc... maybe in the future we became a "test tube" society built on science/technology. No doubt the sense of self would become "lost". The DNA testing they do COULD be a result to capture this spirit that has since been lost. What a cold society that would be.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Or perhaps for cloning? It's like someone wanting to clone a caveman or some other person from our past. What better way than to go back and obtain it from that person? Nice and fresh...



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Perhaps, the human race has evolved in such a way where technology has become the driving force of our evolution (as we are seeing today) and in the process we have lost "human spirit" and "emotion". All things in our lives will have become "external in nature". I have read much on "aliens" having no sense of emotion, love, spirit etc... maybe in the future we became a "test tube" society built on science/technology. No doubt the sense of self would become "lost". The DNA testing they do COULD be a result to capture this spirit that has since been lost. What a cold society that would be.


I see what you mean. Though what you describe would not likely entail a genetic problem but a societal problem on their part where external objects have become the ultimate facet. Taking DNA from past humans would not alter what their own society is depositing upon its people.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have also considered this as a possibility, they could be visiting us as a futuristic holiday, or they could be archaeologists, or just damn nosey.

Also, we could be an ancient alien species little pet "evolution" project. Kind of like "lets give this planet some life, and see what happens"



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good point also.

Honestly we must agree there could be a number of reasons why they/we would go back in time; getting DNA being one of them. I have to assume there would be many issues that I, living in 2004 have not considered or even could comprehend.

But I pose this simple question. If time travel was today possible. Don't you think there would be desire to do so as we speak? Sure there would be an outcry not to go back and screw things up, but in this world of greed and power, (and pursuit of knowledge) don't you think there would be a secture of "elites" trying to do to advance their own agendas?



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This theory has been around for years, its viewing interesting to study even though i dont believe in the Alien theory world. There are some interesting articles and studies on the internet talkin about this theory. You really should go and check them out



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks infinite. I will.

There are SO many things I need to check out... my eyes are wide open.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
it is a combination of these things. Maybe they ran out of dna samples for cloning and need more..resulting in time travel to the past in order to obtain it.

Also, because they are said to lack human emotions, they use these time travel sessions in order to gain knowledge about our emotions.

This would make some sense as even in the future we would want to get the most "bang" for our buck.(if the buck still exists in that time frame)

Do you think that this is plausible?



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Absolutely.

As I mentioned, there maybe many reasons to do so, some good, some bad. I would even go as far as saying... perhaps at some point they came back and created the current/ancient idea of.... dare I say "religion" for the purpose of control. Who knows. I try NOT to scribe myself to any one answer. Rather I try to absorb as much as possible from all sides and let the truth rise to the top.

BTW- I'm new to ATS and so far have found this to be a wonderful community to belong to.

Thanks to everyone who dare to ask the tough questions and who share "out of the box" ideas!



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
delete please...........




[edit on 1-12-2004 by infinite]



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There may be another way to look upon this. What if we are
eggs? That the Eart is a "hatchery" and the aliens are just
checking up on the kindergarten? What if life is trying to
evolve itself to be independent of the physical universe? What
if we are on the last stage in this level?

We are looking upon the physical as something we can use, even
if we ultimately are constructed of the same stuff. What if the
aliens are "semi-evolved" and are looking for new part for
their biological machines? To them using biological material
would be the same as we are using metals and minerals.

So - What if we are physical eggs one day to hatch into
something not of this world? Worth pondering over? ('
')

[edit on 1/12/04 by mrreg]



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
hmm interesting logic, but i'd have to question why we would look like THAT if we evolved. Must be a long time between our current human version and our "evolved" version if thats true. But you never know, they could be another life form just like humans and plants are different. Or they could all be the same, everything evolved into one another, but that is very unlikely
anyways it was a pretty interesting topic that brought me thinking.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes, the "What If-Game" can produce new insights and understanding. And do you think the egg understands the hen? Or have any concept of what a hen is? Hmmm.....

But it was the word "unlikely" that drew my attention. I believe we live in an endless, relativistic universe. The practical consequence of this is that everything not only is possible, but unavoidable! The only legal variables are space and time. This makes the concept of chance, and likelihood, a local phenomenon. So, how can we, from our very local viewpoint, make any judgement of what can be or not be?

From the perspective of an egg: how likely is a hen? Reality is not only stranger than most of us like to imagine. It is stranger than we can imagine.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Blend56- excellent question.

Perhaps, the human race has evolved in such a way where technology has become the driving force of our evolution (as we are seeing today) and in the process we have lost "human spirit" and "emotion". All things in our lives will have become "external in nature". I have read much on "aliens" having no sense of emotion, love, spirit etc... maybe in the future we became a "test tube" society built on science/technology. No doubt the sense of self would become "lost". The DNA testing they do COULD be a result to capture this spirit that has since been lost. What a cold society that would be.


exactly !!!



posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrreg
Yes, the "What If-Game" can produce new insights and understanding. And do you think the egg understands the hen? Or have any concept of what a hen is? Hmmm.....

But it was the word "unlikely" that drew my attention. I believe we live in an endless, relativistic universe. The practical consequence of this is that everything not only is possible, but unavoidable! The only legal variables are space and time. This makes the concept of chance, and likelihood, a local phenomenon. So, how can we, from our very local viewpoint, make any judgement of what can be or not be?

From the perspective of an egg: how likely is a hen? Reality is not only stranger than most of us like to imagine. It is stranger than we can imagine.



I totally agree with your thinking. The hen & egg analogy is right on. That is what I am trying to get at. There is so much that we CAN"T even consider as a possibility simply because we are limited in our understanding. Go expalin nanotechnology to a Mayan... (figurativly speaking) Could they comprehend it? Very doubtful...



posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The visits to obtain cattle blood and human DNA is a result of something wrong with the genetic code in the "aliens". What if years/millenium of technology manipulation of our genetic code introduced an abnormality that threatens their civilization. What if they can't manipulate their DNA because the problem exists and they can't isolate it because of all of the past gentic manipulation. Kinda like they are ticking time bombs.

So, cattle blood is supposed to be similar to human blood. And they know that they couldn't just come back and kill us. Somehow we would figure this out. But, they could take our DNA, take some cattle blood and experiment with manipulating our DNA in a liquid medium similar to our own. Then the newly manipulated DNA sequence in introduced into what some call a "hybrid" to see if the DNA defect has been removed as we eventually evolve because of our manipulation of DNA.

Man, am I really writing this down?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Freenrgy2]



posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As I see it there are two general evolutionary paths to chose: the biological and the technological. What if the aliens who are bugging planet Earth have chosen the second one and come to the realization it's a dead end? And that their tecnological advances has resulted in a degeneration of their physical and genetic makup?

If you have an ability you don't use evolution will remove it from your general setup. If you use technology so you don't have to use all of your abilities, they will erode away. This is the price to pay for a evolution based upon technology.

From what I've read regarding aliens they are wery technological and wery little biological. What if they are here to try to fix the damage they have inflicted upon their own race due to the choosing of the wrong evulutionary path?
If this is so it would seem to be the reason why someone would speculate if they are humans from a further step in the evolution (the future). Man are today following the same path.....



posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If we're a "hatchery", then truly they've then allowed the inmates to run the asylum....


The theory has been around a while (that WE are the aliens)...but we would be talking about a pretty far point in the future here, likely further than we may be able to make it. Consider the minor evolutions in just the past 10,000 years or so. With an EBE though, you're talking an enormous enlargement of cranial capacity, either the addition or subtraction of a finger (depending on accounts), possibly the addition of suction cup like dots on the fingertips, opposable fingers (all digits), and the complete integration of the toes of the foot to form a footpad. Then there are further accounts of more flexible bones and muscle tissue, evolution of our digestive system, integration of the heart and lung into one, the massive change in our eyes and facial features, etc.

We're probably talking MILLIONS of years, not thousands, up the evolutionary ladder. Or, they simply evolved this way from other hominids on another world.
To me, the latter seems more plausible.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join