It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching them Watching Me Watching them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Today it's been revealed that although they know that we know they're spying on us they don't care and intend to carry on regardless.
The Great British government has laid out the way they get away with snooping on all of us in the UK without need for a warrant .

The UK government has revealed that intelligence service GCHQ can snoop on British citizens' use of Facebook and Google without an individual warrant because the firms are based overseas.

Charles Farr, director general of the Office of Security and Counter-Terrorism told PI that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and web searches on Google - as well as webmail services such as Hotmail and Yahoo - are classified as "external communications", which means that they can be intercepted without the need for additional legal clearance.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So as ATS is hosted overseas I'd like to say HI to my Government supervisors and assure them there's nothing to see here and kindly move along .
I knew they were doing it but this for me is just rubbing salt into the wound , in a few years I can see fleets of surveillance drones patrolling the skies keeping an eye on all of us for our own good , protecting us from the bogey man ,what ever happened to the England I knew the land of freedom and the rule of law.

Rule Britannia Britannia rules the Slaves

Tell that one to Dave

edit on 17-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What's a "severance drone" do they, bomb us with pink slips?

edit on -05:0021146412014-06-17T18:41:21-05:00 by Psynic because: brain frat

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ya know no matter where yer from...you gotta be you and screw the poperatsi.

If it's a driver of passenger I think I'll pick the driver seat and the man be damned....worked for him and he's as dumb as bricks.....

Do yer thing...

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
What's a "severance drone" do, bomb us with pink slips?

Thanks for pointing that out , can't type when I'm angry

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Really? So GCHQ are watching my ATS activity? Good.

Dear desk jockey wastes of genetic material,

The mechanism by which you are viewing this post, is the greatest threat that this nation has ever faced, which is ironic, since it is managed by an organisation which was founded to confront and defeat the LAST greatest threat we ever faced, that being the rise of Hitlers army of xenophobic grunts and the resultant world war.

You probably think that you are performing a service for your country, or at least, I hope that you have not abandoned that idea. You should want to serve your country, and the best way you can do that, is to leave your desks right now, quit your job at GCHQ, and do anything else, than what you are doing right now.

You are the ones oppressing the British people, you are the ones who pose the greatest threat to us, to our liberty, our freedom. There is no army yet raised by mankind, nor any ideology, which poses a greater threat to this country, than does the machinery of current surveillance methods, and the abuses of power which have lead to their use.

It does not matter how the law defines the communication you are viewing now, or the data on me that you have access to. What matters is right and wrong, justice in fact. What you are doing, no matter how legal it might be, is unjust. Know this, if nothing else. You are a traitor to the people of your country, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Venomous regards

TrueBrit

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Good find, but even if those services were not outside the uk they'd still find a way, even if it meant changing the law.

Personally I think we should all include 10mgs of random text with every email we send. That should keep them busy!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nonsense to what you said here..."they get away with snooping on all of us in the UK without need for a warrant "

All this stuff about warrants? What world are all of you living in? The US and UK have always listened in illegally, and we cant prove it when they act on the info. This is always how its been done.

All this whinning "They need a WARRANT 1st!" B.S. They may need one, and you think they cant WITHOUT one...but youre wrong. Nothing isany different than its always been.

They'll do it anyway by saying "We had sources to find this out...."

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The spying is interwined everywhere. My artistic endeavours were stolen and produced on a TV commercial for lots of moola - none that I've seen. What's the alterntive? Hiring hacking genius to work for us?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Working for the work, I suppose it sucks in a way.. but yer remembered lol.

It's the same way I carve or art.

Sometimes the doing is the reward and that really is that.

Cheers eh?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

..that's business as usual, isn't it?

i'm waiting for the day when EVERYTHING has an expiration date on it..
ie: when the wall cabinet you brought "expires" and melts into a pile of goo
(..which you're then charged a carbon footprint for)

/cues up song: sweet adeline
edit on 17-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: watching you, watching meeeeeeeee

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Nonsense to what you said here..."they get away with snooping on all of us in the UK without need for a warrant "

Whether they like it or not , whether you like it or not Governments have to operate within the rule of law although as seen in this case they can interpret the law to suit their needs.

Historically the British Government has needed to apply to a court for a warrant for intercepts but their interpretation of the law as far as foreign communications go negate that need in their opinion.

Anne Jellema, chief executive of the World Wide Web Foundation, said: "It seems the UK's spy agencies are using flimsy legal justification to sidestep the need for individual warrants and feel able to indiscriminately collect and monitor the private social media and web communications of anyone
www.theguardian.com...

So Nonsense to what you said there

All this stuff about warrants? What world are all of you living in?

Same world as you just a different country by the sound of it .

edit on 18-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Allow me to clarify. It may be correct to state that the government needs to, should, or must get a search warrant. And that is an accurate assessment of how it should be . Thats correct.

But, Im saying they have always violated that idea, claimed and denied it later, and moved on with the info gained to serve their own ends. Its always been like that. Cant trust the governments for sure.

The part about thinking...us thinking they MUST have them...is flawed. It might be the right thing to do, but when have they ever done the right thing by us?

Pulled over in a car, wiretapping, home searched, personal property searches? They do it anyway, and use any number of reasons to justify it.

"We thought we smelled..." We pulled you over because your light is out and thought we saw..." Doesnt matter. Warrant-Schmarrant.

LIke they do an illegal search at the time, see something...and in the next few weeks, watch the person and bust them. All on an illegal stop, search..whatever.

We need to re-think our interpretation of "probable cause" and "search warrants". They will continue to perform them without warrants or cause or reason. But by then? Theyve gained info anyway...and will deny it when we b-t-h loud enough.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What you did not know that British intel does the spying on America and they spy on us and it is all legal then

what are john q public going to be able to do about it anyway spend millions on lawyer's,
expect the worst from the Goverment then you will not be suprised when the truth comes out

new topics

top topics

join