It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ISIS" bans guns in Iraq.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If you invade a country, subjugate a people, and impose extreme punative rules on what they can (and mostly cannot - like women being allowed outside the house, ever - do) then you really don't want those people having guns so that they can shoot back at you

Pretty sure when the Germans invaded Poland they didn't let the Poles continue to wander around the streets with guns either

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: gladtobehere

Since when did Moslems or Moslem countries outlaw guns?

Where do people get that spelling of muslims???
I just don't get it!

On topic, seems like the go to move for any hostile take over, take away the guns first thing.

Muslim is actually a new form of saying it. Moslem was the way it was said for a long time .. so technically you have it reversed. Muslim was adopted over Moslem due to pressure from Islamic groups.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I wonder where they got that idea from? Hmmm....

certainly not the west. Lots of people have guns. nay, millions and millions.

Not sure if you're suggesting that the west doesn't want their civies to have guns? Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

We have lots of guns, we're allowed to have guns, I have guns (legal) My friends have guns, (legal, in other words, the government doesn't care) ~everyone down south has guns..

Are you suggesting that the government doesnt want us to have guns? That's just not true. We have and are allowed tonnes of guns.

signed: confused...

I also live in the West, I live in Scotland where there are only a spattering of gun crimes, it's estimated Scotland has 5.5 guns per 100 people.

America is not the only country in the West you know

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So this means Iraq is a whole lot safer now, right?

Only the people in charge have the guns. It's Feinstein's dream come true.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
So this means Iraq is a whole lot safer now, right?

Only the people in charge have the guns. It's Feinstein's dream come true.

Yep.
As long as you are a Sunni.... if you like your head, you can keep your head.
In most cases.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Let the cleansing begin! That's how it always starts. Once a populace is unarmed they can offer up no resistance. Any American who denies this basic fact is a moron. We are seeing a genocide in its infancy in Iraq. Certain retarded elements in the US want to take away guns from all Americans under the quite mistaken premise that it will be all buttercups and rainbows from that day forward.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The only thing I see are are a custom fleet of new vehicles. That takes some level of organization and a stable budget.

Something ISIS certainly has - as demonstrated over the past few years in Syria.

These guys remind me of the rebels that took over Libya. Armed with WAY more than they could find in a Libyan weapon lock-up.

Why? Libya had a huge arsenal of small arms and heavy weaponry - they used to flog it to terrorist groups themselves, such as the IRA.

Anyway. I guess the strict rules are fit for this "too bad for AQ" super band that popped up out of nowhere.

Once again, someone who clearly hasn't been following any developments in any detail offering an opinion - ISIS didn't "pop up out of nowhere" in the slightest. I highly suggest you go away and do some research on them, their background and leadership.

I can't imagine what the need would be for the west to be so panicked that they would pull such blatant fakery. Is it because Iran is planning to send troops to Iraq in support of Iraq that the US has to get in there quick and it is going to take some shock and awe? That was a long question that only sorta sounded like a statement. Really.

And that makes zero sense, given both the UK and US are now, publicly, willing to work with Iran to bring this situation under control.

I looked over 50 pages of google news to find some history on these guys. Nothing. could you please post some articles cause the farthest back I can find is June12/2014. I want to believe you but I have to see it for myself and I did give an attempt.

If you are right that would mean the the US has to be the stupidest organization on the face of the earth. 50+ billion in intell and they are now "surprised" by the actions of ISIR?

I hope historians dress Americans in clown suits when they right about them in the future. I mean, they are looking like clowns right now. They apparently couldn't see a fright train coming while standing in the trains frickin tunnel.
edit on 18-6-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Remember, guns are bad. Even when your nation is occupied by an enemy force. The stupidity, it's over 9000.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I may agree up to one issue, perhaps is "agendas" that are trying to keep us, the "sheeple" from what "really" is going on around "us", but the truth of the matter is that historically when we talk about the middle east we learn that its forge by wars and brutality, we grow to learn that the regions are always unstable, that their leaders are the worst in the world, that the people needs to be liberated, they need regime changes, that invasions are good for the overall well being of the world.

Reality is that we have been fed that wars are necessary that resources are for every country to share, then when things goes down to crap we are reminded again how brutal the history of those countries always been.

But what the government avoid mentioning is that the middle east destabilization is the agenda of profiteers and globalist, something that the western is full of it, beside the crap they tells us.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

There a few reasons why you probably haven't found anything:

1. First and foremost, you probably haven't been following the developments in Iraq and the Middle East that closely over the past 11 years - this isn't meant as an insult, just it's been a long time and you'd have to be an old fart like me who's been watching it since the beginning!
  2. ISIS has gone through various re-branding exercise over the years - it was originally founded as "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and was an umbrella organisation for a variety of different groups formed after the Invasion in 2003.
  3. With the advent of the Syrian Civil War and the falling out it had with Al Qaeda, who branded it "too extreme" even for them, it re-branded itself as ISIS in 2013

I know Wiki isn't valued by some, but it has a very good article on ISIS drawn from a wide variety of sources, so in my opinion it's as good as any NY Times or Telegraph article which may be posted instead. I'd recommend a read:

Link to the Cuddly Bunny Brigade

ISIS does appear to be much more highly organised and centralised than previous incarnations, largely attributed to Al Baghdadi (the Nomme de Guerre of it's leader). They even issue annual reports on their activities! I can only imagine the board meeting of ISIS as they set targets to increase car bombings by 18% this year, or to expand into new markets in order to qualify for their annual bonus scheme....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Many believe that ISIS, like Al-CIAeda and others, is yet another radical group backed by and created by the West.

And they are WRONG.

Finances In mid-2014, Iraqi intelligence extracted information from an ISIS operative which revealed that the organization had assets worth $2 billion USD,[68] reputedly making them the richest jihadist group in the world.[69] About three quarters of this $2bn came from assets seized after the group captured Mosul in June 2014, including perhaps $429 million looted from Mosul's central bank as well as a large quantity of gold bullion.[70] That will "buy a whole lot of Jihad", regional analyst Brown Moses wrote on Twitter, adding, "For example, with $429 million, ISIS could [recruit and] pay 60,000 fighters around $600 a month for a year."[70] ISIS has routinely practised extortion, by demanding money from truck drivers and threatening to blow up businesses, for example. Robbing banks and gold shops has been another.[71] The group is widely reported as receiving funding from private donors in Gulf states.[72] Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki has repeatedly accused Saudi Arabia and Qatar of funding ISIS,[73][74][75] although there is reportedly no evidence that this is the case.[76][77] The group is also believed to be receiving considerable funds from their operations in Eastern Syria, where the group has commandeered oil fields and engages in smuggling out raw materials and archaeological artifacts.[78][79] ISIS also generates revenue from producing crude oil and selling electric power in northern Syria. The crude oil is reportedly sold back to the Syrian government.[80] Since 2012, ISIS has been producing annual reports giving some numerical information on its operations, somewhat in the style of corporate reports, seemingly to encourage potential donors.[67]

en.wikipedia.org...

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Financing Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[69] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[70] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[69] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[71]

en.wikipedia.org...

That is Saudis GIPda

But hell why let facts get in the way of demagogic bubble pushing.

Saudi Arabia owns AQ, and ISIS.

Literally.
edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But hell why let facts get in the way of demagogic bubble pushing.

Saudi Arabia owns AQ, and ISIS.

Literally.

Hush, now neo, how dare you "implicate", US profiteers biggest ally and friend, in the middle east, the Saud house, hell US is in a biding contract to protect the Saud house oil assets at all cost, remember?.

They could no, and should be sponsoring terror, Right? I am right?

Yes neo The Saud house money is the dirties money around, span even out into no only terrorist groups but also into the hands of whores in congress in the US and parliament in the UK to keep them doing what they know what to do best.

I guess when is such much money in the hands of a few, they can do whatever the want.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Hush, now neo, how dare you "implicate", US profiteers biggest ally and friend, in the middle east, the Saud house, hell US is in a biding contract to protect the Saud house oil assets at all cost, remember?.

Here is the thing?

They are not an 'ally'

If they were they wouldn't be pulling half the snip they do.

What Saudi wants from us is to fight their battles for them.

Since the other side of that coin is Iran.

Since Iran is Shia, and Saudi is Sunni that backs those Sunni terrorists groups.

And that instability created from Sunnis, and Shia fattens both their oil bank accounts.

Those two are the biggest 'profiteers'.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes you are right, their money can buy anything, I remember something along the lines during the Bush administration, I wish I remember better, it was something about the Saud house and Bush and the outrage of the public about how cozy Bush was with one of the princes.

It will come back to me sometime I am sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Weren't you the one who linked me that the US/Saud relationship began with FDR, and has continued through every potus since then.

It is astounding the GW gets all the blame here.

Hell that was even before the 'cia' was ever created.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes I did, I was going to get that link but I am bit lazy right now, I am posting some information on the secret Benghazi raid, that now is telling that it was illegal and Lybia is outraged at it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: simsumre
Remember, guns are bad. Even when your nation is occupied by an enemy force. The stupidity, it's over 9000.

Well yes. Its invasion 101 After invading a country and subjugating the populace, you do not allow the survivors to carry guns. Unless you have a serious death wish.

Not sure why some find this so hard to understand? It has happened in ever invasion since the year dot.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"ISIS" bans guns in Iraq

Does this mean I get to call those who support the progressive gun control agenda here in America., Terrorists?

Please,please,please, say yes.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

There a few reasons why you probably haven't found anything:

1. First and foremost, you probably haven't been following the developments in Iraq and the Middle East that closely over the past 11 years - this isn't meant as an insult, just it's been a long time and you'd have to be an old fart like me who's been watching it since the beginning!
  2. ISIS has gone through various re-branding exercise over the years - it was originally founded as "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and was an umbrella organisation for a variety of different groups formed after the Invasion in 2003.
  3. With the advent of the Syrian Civil War and the falling out it had with Al Qaeda, who branded it "too extreme" even for them, it re-branded itself as ISIS in 2013

I know Wiki isn't valued by some, but it has a very good article on ISIS drawn from a wide variety of sources, so in my opinion it's as good as any NY Times or Telegraph article which may be posted instead. I'd recommend a read:

Link to the Cuddly Bunny Brigade

ISIS does appear to be much more highly organised and centralised than previous incarnations, largely attributed to Al Baghdadi (the Nomme de Guerre of it's leader). They even issue annual reports on their activities! I can only imagine the board meeting of ISIS as they set targets to increase car bombings by 18% this year, or to expand into new markets in order to qualify for their annual bonus scheme....

Sorry. I read your post over and over and could not find a link to a news article identifying this group before June 12/14. Ill read the wiki later but... you didn't say much to convince me that this is nothing more than a rag-tag amature group that was injected with steroids by the MSM only a week ago without ever mentioning them before. And ALL the networks are reporting the exact same thing at the exact same time.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Look at 'em with their shiny new military hardware. They must have a really generous and organized backer.

Many believe that ISIS, like Al-CIAeda and others, is yet another radical group backed by and created by the West.

Close, but no cigar - If you want to know who ISIS backers are (and by extension all the other extreme Sunni groups in that area) look no further than your friendly, neighbourhood Wahabbi State - Saudi Arabia, along with Qatar and the other Gulf States.

It's all part of their attempt to control or wipe out Shia, dominate the Sunni and to limit the influence of Saudi's number 1 enemy - Iran.

The fact you are not aware of the geo-politics at play and blame "the West" just demonstrates you don't really have a clue what you're on about.

Let's also remember that this sunni domination is in fact in the interest of the " West " too .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join