It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield hardline beta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So the makers of battlefield4 are now testing Hardline beta which uses the frostbite engine to make a sort of cops and robbers game that kind of resembles payday heist. Its a closed beta signup so not everyone will get the chance to play it.

I haven't fully made my mind up about it yet, though its nowhere near as enjoyable as playing BF4 IMO.

Has anyone else been accepted , what do you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Hi Phoenix , I didn't sign up for the Beta so haven't played the game but I was distinctly unimpressed by what I saw of it from the E3 coverage , it would be interesting to get some views on it from hands on players.

Is it going to be subscription or free to play ? , if it's free to play I may be interested but I doubt I'd buy it unless it turns out to be awesome.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If anybody wants a beta code for ps4 I have one. I'm not too impressed with the game either.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont think the game lends itself to individual players. If you had a team all linked up by mic's then it could work. But for me playing on my own i just kept running to the money and getting sniped. Was pretty frustrating.

Also you cant run in all the buildings which means the routes to the money is pretty predictable.

Hopefully the TitanFall servers are back up and running today so i can have a real game to play

edit on 18-6-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Have enjoyed playing this (as with all battlefield games)

Pro's : Runs very smoothly most of the time. Cops and Robbers is a nice touch. Grappling hooks and Zip-lines. More colourful graphics than previous titles. Hit detection seems to be better. Fast paced. Cars are kind of cool.

Con's : Graphics also seem a little simplistic (dull) especially when it comes to character design.
No real distinction between cops and robbers apart from uniform and car design. Lack of team work. Game modes are nothing new. Feels like an arcade version of Battlefield. Is full priced release when it feels more like an add-on.
A lot of the time you will jump in a car to drive to your destination and be killed on arrival. Objectives cause lack of map use (most end up camping certain area's) most of map wasted.
Military grade weaponry (rocket launchers,grenades,armed helicopters on both sides)
In some ways it feels like they just took battlefield and gave it a new skin not much new to this title so far.

Also to release a new battlefield when so many are still experiencing problems with BF4 is just not on. not to mention this new one feels rushed.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The game is just like Battlefield 4,nothing new about the Multiplayer.
Have yet to see anything about the singleplayer though.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I get that they were trying to do something different with the franchise, but this game really looks terrible.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've been a fan since BF 2142. (played many beta's also)

Fast forward to BF4 - I love BF4, and we're left with just 1 or 2 more DLC's for the game. Yes, BF4 had one of the worst launches of any game (EA will remember this!....I hope?....lol, jk, they're just out to get as much $$$ out of us as possible) But BF4 is awesome now in its current state.

As for Hardline.....what a freaking joke dude! There's still DLC's left for BF4 and they're already pushing Hardline out?

The Battlefield franchise was built upon large scale military vs military. That's what makes BF so awesome!

It's not this cops vs robbers stuff. Where they came up with cops v robbers... I have no idea. This is not Battlefield.

Blowing buildings up with tanks, apache's/hinds, f-22's? Laser guided missles, javelins, stingers, AC-130 gunships (and in 2142, mechs, orbital bombardments, emp strikes, hover tanks, etc.....) How the heck is that supposed to be implemented in cops v robbers? It feels like im playing COD, not Battlefield when I play this.

In addition to the above, the graphics look terrible for a "new" game. There's no way I would pay full price for this!!!!

This looks like a MOD! That's all Hardline is. It's just a re-skin mod of BF4 without everything that makes Battlefield, Battlefield!

It's just another cash grab by the AAA names out there. This is a terrible game to add to the "Battlefield" name, just like "Elder Scrolls Online" was to the "Elder Scrolls" series.

top topics

join