It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified NSA Document Release Details UFO acitivity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was not aware of this but in 1980 the NSA was sued by a group called "Citizens Against Unidentifed Flying Objects Secrecy". Since then there have been a number of ufo reports that have been declassified.

Here are three examples

There are alot of redactions included.
Note, there are many additional articles you can click on within the story, for much further information from the NSA on listed articles.
edit on 17pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the government has told us many times that they do not investigate UFO reports.
If you can't trust the government who can you trust?
Nothing to see here.......

Xept aliens

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"Released" documents will never be of any use to us.

1. The agencies demand complete secrecy.
2. Anything they are (supposedly) forced to release has anything of importance blacked out!
3. Anything thats "released" will be worthless because of points one and two.

Therefore, anything "released" is a red herring.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Let's get a Citizens Group together to demand the NSA release Lois Lerner's missing 2 years worth of emails. And the other 6 IRS people they claimed today, they've lost those emails too.

Screw the Aliens, let's take care of getting this info first.

The Aliens will show up some day, in such a way, it can't be kept secret by TPTB. I hope that happens in my lifetime. Just so I can see the spin that goes on when the Aliens say..."We've been waiting 50 years for your reply...what gives?".

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As is always the case, they only release documents that have rational explanations. Like that lame new TV show NASA Unexplained or something. They only talk about things they can give explanations for. Things they know have a strong possibility of being ET are never released.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I used to have a casual interest in the UFO topic when I was kid in the late 1970s and 1980s when it was difficult to get at any real information without absorbing the biased opinions of the writers of a book or article in the print media. I have never been one to believe that aliens are visiting us on a regular basis, talking to or abducting who they please. But, I got caught up in X-Files and Roswell fever during the 1990s when it seemed like some kind of disclosure was just around the corner. Since then the internet has reached a critical mass of people who can offer not only differing perspectives needed when discussing the phenomenon but actual real evidence.

Now a couple of decades later it is difficult to decide if a lot of the UFO lore has any real viability.

But then again do our governments really believe there is no threat and no point investigating UFOs? The USA gave it up (officially) in 1969. Do we really think they did that?

Our own (UK) MoD 'officially' gave it up a few years ago spinning the usual "no defence significance" story and telling us how everything on UFOs has been released. However how are we to know? The MoD UFO files are mainly photocopies of letters from the public circulated within the MoD and then an accompanied response to the individual. We are not given any details of scrambled RAF aircraft or 'internal' investigations into airspace intrusions when the public has not made an enquiry.

A lot of skeptical researchers often refer to the fact that anything that occurred more than 30 years ago is in the public domain and has been released via the National Archives due to government guidelines.

I have to say that this far from true.

Whilst looking into a totally more down to earth event I have discovered that the British Government refuse to release some files for a lot longer.

I hasten to add this has nothing to do with UFOs and more to do with criminal activities in the early 1970s. But if any government wants to put a stop to prying eyes in the name of national security then it will.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

2. Anything they are (supposedly) forced to release has anything of importance blacked out!

If I may, I would like to another bullet point:

4. Anything "released" is part of a program so vast and deep that the average person cannot comprehend it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: VoidHawk

If I may, I would like to another bullet point:

4. Anything "released" is part of a program so vast and deep that the average person cannot comprehend it.

Ba! I just tried to add that to my earlier post (credited to you) but it said I've exceeded the edit time.

Good addition

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Let's get a Citizens Group together to demand the NSA release Lois Lerner's missing 2 years worth of emails. And the other 6 IRS people they claimed today, they've lost those emails too. Screw the Aliens, let's take care of getting this info first.

Jesus Christ this site is getting as bad as Yahoo. If you want to piss and moan about politics go into one of the 17,000,000,000 threads here and do so.

Thanks for posting OP, makes for great reading on beer Friday lol

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have a proposal.

What if the Governments of say, Five Eyes, needed a really deep, rich, twisting multi faceted energy sapping honey pot for the masses of people out there with time on their hands and money in their pockets?

What if, they decided to keep these people engaged in years upon years of speculation, wild goose chases, phantasms, rather than have them sit back as a sharply focused collective that said 'sod this, lets combine talents and monies, and develop sophisticated home made devices to actually watch for these craft''?

What then? what would happen if the masses made say, home made stratospheric balloons with IR cameras offering a panoramic view and 12 frames per second stills capability?

Then the masses looked at distinct human reasons why a government would need the masses looking 'left' whilst they worked on the 'right'... what happens then?

Hmmm? ever wondered if this could be a massive smoke screen? to cover what? that's a good question I'd say.

What is worth all this effort? Its not aliens that for sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Why not aliens? Surely keeping people from knowing that our airspace is being leisurely violated by inteligent beings apparently operating tremendously powerful machines would be a secret with such large ramifications that it would be worth keeping secret.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: phantomflier

Why not aliens? Surely keeping people from knowing that our airspace is being leisurely violated by inteligent beings apparently operating tremendously powerful machines would be a secret with such large ramifications that it would be worth keeping secret.

You know what would be an even greater, deeper more dirty nasty secret?

That these craft belong to us, are part of a vast network of deep black off-world research and development efforts that have access not just to this solar system but beyond.

Couple this with humanity acting as an unwitting computational device that demand regular maintenance (abductions), i'd say this was far more a reason to cover the globe in a web of lies so tangled and thick that the only glimpse of truth comes from accidental exposure to the 'reality' of the subject.

That to me would be a very good reason to keep the masses fighting amongst themselves rather than joining forces to probe the governments lies in a concerted effort.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Valid points but please, please, please keep in mind of the myriad of reports of:
1. witnessed mile(s) long craft
2. crafts / entities seen in the depths of the jungle and extremely remote locations [witness accounts go back for hundreds of years]
3. Foo fighters
4. Inability of fighter jets to fire on aerial objects or projectiles disappearing or being absorbed, etc, etc...
5. Aerial objects completely shutting down military silos and entire military complexes

And on and on and on....

I AGREE the majority of shenanigans are explainable government / black project BUT there exists a certain percentage of occurrences that are unexplainable and quite intriguing.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Valid points but please, please, please keep in mind of the myriad of reports of:
1. witnessed mile(s) long craft

I've explained multiple times what these are.

2. crafts / entities seen in the depths of the jungle and extremely remote locations [witness accounts go back for hundreds of years]

You really believe this is the first time around the dance for 'humans'?

3. Foo fighters

If you are talking of the primitive airframes made in the midst of WW2 that had on primitive IR systems to guide towards engine heat, sure, I know what a Foo Fighter is.

4. Inability of fighter jets to fire on aerial objects or projectiles disappearing or being absorbed, etc, etc...

In 1956 an object was seen over France. A scientist in 2002 devised a system to go to mach 20 with zero air resistance. They were identical in shape. identical.

5. Aerial objects completely shutting down military silos and entire military complexes

Yes - good Gods man, do you really believe that the experimental craft will go over Soviet silos to practise shutting down missiles?

I AGREE the majority of shenanigans are explainable government / black project BUT there exists a certain percentage of occurrences that are unexplainable and quite intriguing.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I guess we will agree to disagree on your points.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
I guess we will agree to disagree on your points.

But I do respect your view point and thoughts, and although I disagree, if you brought other items to the table and said 'hey, look at this', I would gladly do so.

You never know where information leads - thats what makes gatbering it, analysing it, acting on it so rewarding.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
If you are talking of the primitive airframes made in the midst of WW2 that had on primitive IR systems to guide towards engine heat, sure, I know what a Foo Fighter is.

Well, there is a suspicious lack of hardware for the German weapon argument, or even operational German SAM useage. A few of the reports could have been SAM tests, but I've never run into anything suggesting that something like the proposed 'Fuerball' was in use. Granted, I did find some stuff on the German DEW work which could have been the genesis for the Fuerball stories...

In 1956 an object was seen over France. A scientist in 2002 devised a system to go to mach 20 with zero air resistance. They were identical in shape. identical.

I think you're talking about the French MHD guys.
They've been involved with GEIPAN and what not since the 1970's. Currently trying to fundraise towards building a flying prototype - really cool guys.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I think it would be a too big secret to hide effectively. I don't really buy the mega-conspiracies myself because they get too elaborate. In real life someone leaks something to someone and black becomes grey as humans can't resist the temptation to flaunt with power.

What I can buy is TPTB either having absolute certainty over the nature of UFO subject but not sharing it because it could upset the power structure or them not really knowing much about it either. There could be nothing more than "yeah it's probably aliens but we haven't figured out how to talk to them and in meantime they violate our airspace with impunity" to disclose.

I don't really see the point in making humanity some kind of a cloud computer. Surely any civilization which can build massive craft which apparently cancel mass can build something more practical. Like a working quantum computer.

I'd love to hear more about the zero air resistance airframe though.

top topics

join