It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Adobe Flash Player Work On My Internet Explorer Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
For over a year Flash worked on my Windows 7 computer with IE 8. Now it won't no matter how many times I delete and reload it. It appears to download and install, but various sites--maybe not all--where I try to watch a video will say that I need Flash player. My control panel shows that it is installed, at least 6mb worth but I have noticed that the program is really about 12mg at a download site. Whatever the reason, this problem has forces me to go to shift to Chrome (which has Flash built in) when I really want to watch a particular video.

A search shows that many people have this problem and there are many "solutions" posted, but I haven't found any work and I'm not inclined to go into my registry to attempt to fix the problem. If I disabled IE, my MS Office Outlook doesn't work properly, and I'm strongly attached to that adv free environment and multi-talented program.

Basically, I need to know if this is a problem with my computer or some nefarious conspiracy by Google and Adobe working in tandem to make life difficult for IE.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Get Fire fox.
HTML5 browsers dont need adobe spyware!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Because Internet Explorer.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Have you tried upgrading to version 9? This will not pose any problems in combination with outlook.
As mentioned above, firefox would be a respectable alternative.

Do recognize the problem you have and it is very annoying and can be hard to identify properly.
It only happened on my own machines and originated from a combination of software (IE + Unknown program).
As a result the only option left was similar to your own solution.

Hope it works out!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's one of life's great mysteries and will in the future be written about. There will be a core of 12 apostle like IE users who will claim to have lived during the present time and who will write a book entitled " The IE Bible ". It will be based on the not-now but it will be in 2,000 years Facebook Page by the same name.

A sample from said IE Bible

Bill 1 13:11

When I was a child, I used IE like a child, I thought about IE like a child, I reasoned about why Flash didn't work like it always did like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me and started using Chrome.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
IE8 suggests your using xp?
Also I suspect MS do not support IE8 so its a big security risk for you.
Do as I suggested above, get Fire fox.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR
Chrome.

I tried Chrome for a while (and liked it), and though it might have just been a coincidence, I noticed every time they upgraded it, my older version developed problems! It was like they were forcing me to upgrade.
Since I switched to FF I've had zero problems.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have windows 7, every time I have to restart my computer a screen comes on wanting me to install Adobe Flash player I try to install, but it always comes up as an error and I cannot install. I have the same problems, only I am pretty much computer illiterate and don't know how to fix it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
I have windows 7, every time I have to restart my computer a screen comes on wanting me to install Adobe Flash player I try to install, but it always comes up as an error and I cannot install. I have the same problems, only I am pretty much computer illiterate and don't know how to fix it.

Completely uninstall Adobe Flash (using the control panel 'Programs and Features').

Then (again from the control panel) run Windows Updates until there are no more to install.

Then re-install FlashPlayer from the Adobe website.

If you have problems with Windows Updates or FlashPlayer, it is probably a good idea to scan for malware with a good free scanner (like the one from MalwareBytes). Remember that even if the scanner has just been downloaded, always check for updates before scanning.

When you have finished with the scan, if malware is found and removed, it is a good idea to re-set Windows defaults with the free 'All-In-One Windows Repair' from Tweakers.com

If you still have problems after that, you could post a message on BleepingComputer's forums for assistance.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Because Internet Explorer.

This is the only real answer.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't trust IE one iota any more. Whenever I want to look at a map online, I will go to Google Maps, but IE would prefer you use Bing, naturally. Even when I have typed the google maps URL directly into the URL field, IE will take me to Bing maps. It's only after a couple attempts that it will do what I tell it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Try turning off active x filtering...explorer

Ever since I installed Fire fox some program called Conduit pops up and wants to control everything.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I appreciate the replies.
I'll try Fox Fire and skip Chrome.
Having a new Android phone, I feel that I'm already being Googled to death.

Mods: You can close this thread if you wish. I've (and others, I assume) have learned enough.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
Try turning off active x filtering...explorer

Ever since I installed Fire fox some program called Conduit pops up and wants to control everything.

Conduit search protect is a separate program that is sometimes bundled with other software downloads. You probably downloaded it by mistake. You can uninstall it from the Windows control panel/programs menu.

Browser Highjacking

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Check HERE for what's best....

...scroll down to about mid page where you'll see FireFox being the winner.

new topics

top topics

join