It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trey Gowdy’s Powerful Speech in Congress That Could Be a Defining Moment for America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What I found was not a sensationalist article but one which simply reported on a current news report. Unbiased

PLEASE.

www.salon.com...
Salon is a political liberal and progressive news website, with content updated each day.[1] Part of Salon Media Group (OTC

Link

Hardly Unbiased it is so desperate to keep from losing more million that they resort to sensationalist headlines. Sound like any other rags you know?

www.siliconbeat.com...

As I mentioned above, I had never read from Salon before. My reading of the dolphin article offered no indication to me of it being anything but unbiased report on a 50 year old science experiment.

Now though, I understand it has nothing to do with that article but rather with a published statement of poiltical positioning which is counter to your own. No argument there.

Its kind of frustrating to make a good reply when the facts are against you, isn't it?

well I suppose. But what facts? I made no comment of fact, just opinion that the dolphin article did not warrant dismissing its Gowdy information. What facts are there that contradict this opinion?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jimmyx

Typical response from you, let's play the race card.

Obama has wasted 6+ years of the Americans time because he hates white people.

See how stupid that sounds.

oh, i'm not playing any "card"...I'm just out and out calling the congressman a racist....here's a sample of his ultra-conservative record........
Gowdy's voting record is very conservative, even by South Carolina Republican standards. In August 2011 during the 2011 United States debt ceiling crisis, Gowdy opposed Speaker John Boehner’s debt limit bill, and he voted against the final debt ceiling agreement.[18] He also opposed the 2011 defense authorization bill, citing concerns about the prospect of Americans being detained without trial on national security grounds.[19] In December 2010, he told Congressional Quarterly that he would only support a measure if its sponsor can demonstrate that the Constitution gives the government the power to act in a particular realm.[7]

Gowdy worked on the Committee on Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Committee on Education and the Workforce. Gowdy frequently speaks on the floor of the House on issues ranging from Fast and Furious to his support for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.

In 2012, he received the Defender of Economic Freedom award from the fiscally conservative 501(c)4 organization Club for Growth. The award is given to the members of Congress who have the year's highest ranking, according to the Club for Growth's metrics. Gowdy scored 97 out of 100, and was one of 34 congressmen given the award.[20]

An ardent social conservative, Gowdy considers himself "pro-life plus." He not only believes "in the sanctity of life," but argues that "the strategy should be broader than waiting for the Supreme Court to revisit Roe v. Wade."[21]

Trey Gowdy signed the Contract From America, which aims to "Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care" (otherwise known as the Afforadable Care Act, ACA, or Obamacare.).[22][23]

he wants to set this country back 70 years

So I guess after calling the guy a RACIST and your nice, long, detailed post that points out NOTHING about him actually being a racist...that means you have no PROOF of your made up lie? Did I get that right? Or are you simply calling anyone from the south a RACIST? In which case...ummmm...that makes you a BIGOT?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Thank you for understanding my position.

It is important to me, that my comments be understood and it is gratifying to know that people are capable of accepting them in the spirit they are made.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That is good to know.

And regarding keeping it up, I fully intend to!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

However, given his 20 years in the VISCERALLY RABIDLY, FIERCLY HATING-WHITES-CHURCH . . .

It's virtually certain that the current Destroyer-in-Chief; Narcissist-in-Chief; Pathological-Liar-in-Chief

DOES HATE WHITES.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

@truebrit.

Im sorry but are we suppossed to care what a non american says on american issues or politics? No disrespect but seriously? WHat has Gowdy Done SPECIFICALLY to YOU or to anyone except within the bounds of the law?

I've mostly given up commenting on rabid ignorance ... but, I personally find this comment indicative if not representative of the not only mind-numbingly ignorant, but utterly asinine, hopelessly backward and gut-wrenchingly obtuse verbal tripe that passes as "discourse" these days as well.

TrueBrit's comments are well-written, obviously well-informed and factually-substantive.

If there is an issue with content, facts, or honesty, then perhaps we should present counter-evidence rather than blatantly repugnant dismissal.

IMHO.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

However, given his 20 years in the VISCERALLY RABIDLY, FIERCLY HATING-WHITES-CHURCH . . .

It's virtually certain that the current Destroyer-in-Chief; Narcissist-in-Chief; Pathological-Liar-in-Chief

DOES HATE WHITES.

I find your post extraordinarly hate-filled toward the Christian brothers and sisters who are members of the Trinity United Church of Christ.

Why the anti-Christian hatred?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't think of that church as remotely Christian.

I certainly don't think of the white-hatred-spewing pastor the least bit Christian.

And for the current Destroyer-in-Chief to claim he sat in that church for 20 years and was uninfluenced by the white-hatred

is just more example of his pathological lying habits.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

DOES HATE WHITES.

His mother was Caucasian. Making him half-Caucasian.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm aware of that.

He still has plenty on the record indicating that he hates whites.

Certainly the oligarchy who chose him at an early age and then conditioned him for the role they have cast him in . . . nurtured that meme in his life.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That he obviously is not as "proud of" as his other half.

Such a dilemma eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm aware of that.

Certainly the oligarchy who chose him at an early age and then conditioned him for the role they have cast him in . . . nurtured that meme in his life.

Oligarchy? Hate? Conditioned???
This is a classic example of why I am terrified for the future of the USA. The Republicans appear to be deranged with their hatred of Obama.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That he obviously is not as "proud of" as his other half.

Such a dilemma eh?

Stop stirring, you old fox! Actually, please stop stirring - this is worrying me.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

When was the last time you heard Obama say that if he had a son he would look like Christopher Lane?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: jimmyx

Neither does Mr. Phone and Pen, but if Congress doesn't pass these days, he just writes an Executive Order to make it so. Which is worse? The House passing a bill to try to take back some congressional power, or the executive making the congress entirely ceremonial and for show by simply by-passing it at every opportunity?

If the Congress doesn't do something to curb the executive, then we the people are in danger of becoming entirely disenfranchised in this country.

"curb the executive"????....what the hell do you think they have been doing since he got into office.....congressional republicans shut down this country, and almost defaulted on our national debt twice. they've torn apart Roe v. Wade, they are suppressing the vote in every state they can, they now are refusing to give poor people health care just to stick it to them and the president, they've vetoed minimum wage, they only care about the wealthy according to their voting record...and somehow you think that isn't disenfranchising the American people?.....

With every response I see from you, you make yourself appear more ane more ignorant. It would almost be impressive if it wasn't so sad. The republicans almost defaulted on the national debt twice to prove a point and to try to reduce spending this country can't afford. Although in truth, I wish they had defaulted on the debt so # could get started already. In case you aren't aware our economy is going to collapse. It's not really a question of if but when. The longer you let the illusion go, the larger the problem and the bigger the fall. Although it hardly matters. Both sides want the same dam thing anyway. Both dem and republicans ultimately want to take rights from you, just in different ways. Roe vs Wade is as safe as it's ever been since it's been established unless I missed something. No votes are being suppressed that matter as far as I can tell. They essentially just made it harder for illegal immigrants to vote and why shouldn't they? America isn't the only country that has protections against immigration. Improving minimum wage will have little chagne if companies simply charge more for their products because they refuse to take a cut in profit which is really the bigger issue. The minimum wage wouldn't be a concern if the cost of goods and services wasn't so much. You can thank corporations for that. You say they only care about the wealthy with their voting record but democrats aren't much better. The truth is politicians vote where the money that put them office tells them to vote most of the time and if they don't then they end up like Kennedy. Kennedy played the game to get into power, but then it turned out that he had the best interest of Americans at heart and the private banking cartels that own the FED didn't like that so they killed him.

I don't care what "party" a politican is. I care about what they stand for. In general, I care about preserving my freedoms and maintaining property that I earn through hard work, not through taking advantage of other people or taking advantage of some democrate made system that simply takes money from people that earn it and gives it to people that "need" it....some of which don't need it and don't work that hard to try better themselves....and for the record I'm white and my mom and I lived on welfare for four years....but there's a right way to use the system (use it to get back to a stable point where you can take care of yourself) and there is a wrong way (taking from the system indefinately without trying to better your situation that is far too common. Not that Republicans are any better most of the time. A lof them represent the companys that put them in office and work to give more tax breaks to people that don't need them and really haven't earned them. It's a double edged sword and we're not the ones wielding it.
edit on 18-6-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I'm aware of that.

Oligarchy? Hate? Conditioned???
This is a classic example of why I am terrified for the future of the USA. The Republicans appear to be deranged with their hatred of Obama.

For me it's not a hatred of Obama but rather the lawless and ignorant things that he does. Most recent example, playing golf (and rather poorly at that) while Iraq gets overrun. I understand the Obama-bots reply to that but is simply not true. If our nation were a ship in stormy waters or under attack who among us can seriously believe that the Captain would be playing games in the ward while getting sit-reps from the bridge. Just flipping delusional.
edit on 18-6-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Being half white/brown,red or green is no inoculation against racism. In fact I find your remark racist. Notice that I didn't call you a racist simply that your remark appeared to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Being half white/brown,red or green is no inoculation against racism. In fact I find your remark racist. Notice that I didn't call you a racist simply that your remark appeared to be.

You find my remark to be racist? Seriously?????
Explain. Now.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I'm not going to waste time on a southern republican and his bull#. But I am going to waste time telling you how little I think of republicans, especially southern ones. They can sit on it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Wow, thanks for such a thoughtful contribution to the discussion.

No need to ask whether you even listened to the speech. Your juvenile, narrow-minded comments reveal much about you.
edit on 18-6-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join