It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Let's see if Clinton and Obama are subpoenaed by the defense counsel.

Oh the irony of that happening.

'At this point' I'm inclined to give Clinton credit for her, "What difference at this point does it make?" retort. She was right ... even though she was wrong.

You can find no justice above a certain strata. You may experience justice if you allow it to be served upon you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Whether he found him or not, he would have still found him (wink, wink).

I just can't believe any of this lousy soap opera anymore.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That is exactly what I thing about the whole secret deal. How secret, I guess very secret, right?

BS, because people still are mad about Obama and the whole Benghazi incident, then we have Hilary and her possible running for president, this whole incident is tarnishing her chances.

So let use propaganda to fix everything, people will believe whatever their party leaders tells them, everything is just fine and dandy.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think this guy is a government plant. Obama needs some face saving manufactured.
edit on 6-17-2014 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

I am fine, most be something with your security, I just gave you one.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
LOL at the idea that Obama waited to announce this. That makes no sense-- he's not up for election. Despite conservative nightmares, he won't ever be up for reelection again. But make no mistake, the Republicans in Congress that kick up a stink because they "took too long" or "he could have provided more information if it wasn't announced" or whatever stupid thing they come up with are going to be doing it purely for political points.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

To be honest I don't think US Civilian law is even applicable to this guy. The death occurred in a foreign country so aside from a military tribunal I am curious to see how they are going to establish civil jurisdiction for a murder charge.

As for the guys story I don't see it holding up in whatever venue is chosen. The evidence does not support the claims. Even White House Emails recently obtained by congress shows the White House lied about what they knew and when they knew it.

ETA -
CBS News: Benghazi Suspect Expected To Face Criminal Charges In DC Federal Court

Last year, the U.S. filed charges against Abu Khattala and a number of others in a sealed complaint in U.S. District Court in Washington. The complaint, unsealed Tuesday, charges Abu Khattala with providing, attempting and conspiring to provide material support to terrorists that resulted in death; discharging, brandishing, using, carrying and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence; and killing a person in the course of an attack on a federal facility and conspiring to do so.

Officials said he could face the death penalty if convicted of the latter charge.

This will be interesting.

edit on 18-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

International law recognizes Embassy and consulates as the territory of the country it represents. So a attack on a US embassy ect is the same as a attack on US federal soil itself.

So really the US has the right to try him in a federal court and imprison him in a federal prison.

The only issue here is the legality of his capture from Libya. If he was legally extradited then fair enough, but if taken from a sovereign nation without permission or a declaration of war? That may be a legal issue.

I admit im not a lawyer so if any lawyers are on ATS feel free to correct me.
edit on 18-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So they captured the mastermind, I think not, the mastermind sits at 1600 Pennsylvania ave.
edit on 063030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Whether he found him or not, he would have still found him (wink, wink).

I just can't believe any of this lousy soap opera anymore.

he is the scapegoat

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Except in this case the "terrorist" is being charged under US domestic (Federal) criminal law. As a defendant his lawyer will be able to demand documents dealing with intelligence areas in order to undermine the indictment / charges.

Intelligence information is how this individual became a suspect. As a defendant in civilian criminal court he has a right to confront his accusers in addition to the information being used against him.

Since the operation to capture this guy dealt with military units, and the go order came from Obama, its not hard to argue that he is a witness / involved in the scenario. That would allow defense to ask Obama pointed questions about what he knew and what information was provided to Obama to make the decision.

The burden to prove guilt is on the government. When you start running into issues where evidence is classified, its easier to resolve those issues in a military court. With a civilian court it becomes a bit more problematic. It can result in the hearings being closed to the public on days where that info is brought up. It can result in only the judge reviewing the governments information to determine if it has impact on the charges / suspect defense.

With this administrations record on law violations and refusal to follow procedures....

I think going this route is going to blow up in the administrations face and will result with the suspect walking free with jeopardy attached.

edit on 18-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I think going this route is going to blow up in the administrations face and will result with the suspect walking free with jeopardy attached.

Remember the last sentence of the post replied to.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So they moved him to an US war ship, they will secretly have him move to the US to another undisclosed location sometime, then he will secretly be judge in a secret court, then he will be put to death and like Bin laden and his Muslim roots he will be released into the sea in another undisclosed location.

Then we should be all happy and bless the Obama administration for such a secret way to do business and trust everything they tell us.

Fantastic.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And they call themselves transparent.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Occurs they are "transparent" thesaneone, don't you see they are telling us how secret the secrets are.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well this is interesting, now Libya is outraged at the "secret capture" and raid in their country, so this should be interesting. watch.

US violated sovereignty with Benghazi suspect capture: Libya

US commandos violated Libya's sovereignty when they seized the suspected ringleader of a deadly 2012 attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, the foreign ministry said on Wednesday.

Special forces carried out Sunday's stealth operation under cover of night, capturing Ahmed Abu Khatallah near Benghazi and spiriting him out of the country.
"The government condemns this regrettable infringement on Libya's sovereignty," foreign ministry spokesman Said Lassoued said in a statement, adding that Tripoli had not been informed in advance.
In announcing the operation, Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby would not say whether Washington gave Libya advance notice

mediacomtoday.com...

I guess Libya is trying to save face amid the anger of the population.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join