It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assault has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya.

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

Breaking news regarding the capture of a suspected ringleader in the 2012 Benghazi attacks. I don't have much to say, but at least this brings some limited closure to the families of the deceased. Ahmed Abu Khattala is currently en route to the USA...

With all this said, Obama must have been pretty keen to find him, haha.
Glad he's been apprehended though.
edit on 17-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Lets see how long it takes for us to trade him for an American they already have.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So, I'm guessing this was the "Ace" up Obama's sleeve? With the Lois Lerner/IRS and all the other stuff weighing down his administration I'm sure they were just waiting for the perfect moment to capture this Benghazi suspect...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe the guy will "confirm" they were mad about the video.

Ahmed Abu Khattala could become good propaganda material.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What difference does it make.

This whole capture thingy sounds like a bunch of B.S.

Let's see how this plays out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ahh they found a suspect. My question again WTF is the FBI doing in Lybia! I know they went there and go arrest a CIA agent/paid thug that maybe or maybe not were a ringleader. Great news.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wonder what sort of false testimony this "witness/suspect" will give.
I'd bet his story will match the status quo...
Just in time to make Hillary a hero for 2016 too!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

The American people will never hear any testimony because it will be damning to the administration in office. They will hold secret trials and classify it all in the interest of national security...probably for some reason like it will alert other suspects involved.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Or he may end up in the bottom of the ocean like the other guy they told us they captured.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No one even knows who this guy is, much less what he looks like. Obama's all like, we don't even have to "bury him at sea" (finger quotes as he laughs to the generals).

So, troops are now being sent to fight the same group that our government just armed to start a civil war in Syria.
Pretext to re-deploy troops for possible use in Iran?
Just another war for profit?
Terrorist insurgents out of control, turning on a softer target?

Who can even tell for sure any more.

edit on 17-6-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe the guy will "confirm" they were mad about the video.
I watched that video back at that time, when it was still available for viewing on YouTube.
It was obviously something patched together in about as long as it took to do a voice-over on a preexisting unrelated video.
There was hardly any views on it, so I seriously don't think that people in Libya were reacting to it.

edit on 17-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This should be interesting...

Take the person behind the attacks and try him in court where his testimony will not be the same as the official story as told by this administration? Lets see if Clinton and Obama are subpoenaed by the defense councel.

edit on 17-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When will the let him go?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

That's why I put "Confirm" in quotes.

This newly "Captured" prisoner could easily be an agent or will soon be one.

He apparently was the only one citing the "Video".....

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

So, the one guy who will substantiate the White House claim that the YouTube video animated a “peaceful protest” is the only one caught, after two years, when he’s walking around mocking the charges? And it happens to be during a time when Obama’s foreign policy is collapsing and the administration is mired in scandals.

I’m sure it’s all a coincidence.

This Is Why Benghazi Suspect Khattala Was Apprehended, And Not the Dozen Others Charged

The Obama Administration will do just about *Anything* to preserve their lies.

They are extremely jealous and childish.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will say well done.

BUT

Did Libya give permission?

Just if they didn't isn't going onto the soil of a sovereign nation and kidnapping a foreign national a act of war and intentional crime?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

This should be interesting...

Take the person behind the attacks and try him in court where his testimony will not be the same as the official story as told by this administration? Lets see if Clinton and Obama are subpoenaed by the defense councel.

Actually I say they are doing the right thing.

Hope he found guilty and if so spends life without bars without any chance of getting out be it due to parole or a incompetent president exchanging him.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Rather convenient timing I must say.

And oh look at the time 2 YEARS AFTER THE FACT.

Make no mistake this wasn't about 'justice'.

This was about a poll bounce. Like every other decision that the admin makes.

Political.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I will say well done.

BUT

Just if they didn't isn't going onto the soil of a sovereign nation and kidnapping a foreign national a act of war and intentional crime?

The US, and company didn't get permission from Libya to bomb the hell out of them in 2011 did they ?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe he'll testify.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: crazyewok
I will say well done.

BUT

The US, and company didn't get permission from Libya to bomb the hell out of them in 2011 did they ?

Ok its fair game then for libyans to come to the USA and take you.

Usa is not a special case and should follow the same international laws as everyone else, otherwise dont act likecry babies when your people and assets get bombed.

Dont why you think the USA should get special treatment. Its attitudes like that creating US hate and fostering terrorsim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join