It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA pastor orders Christians to ‘isolate’ LGBT kids and then ‘turn them over to Satan’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What John MacArthur said was accurate according to scripture.

Here it is:

When someone is claiming to be Christian, and knowingly sinning, their fellow Christians are called on by Christ to point this out to them. If they refuse to listen, they are to be essentially removed from everyday inclusion as their sin can cause others to feel that they can sin and not be held accountable as well.

However, if the person never claimed Christ as their savior, the Christian is to share Christ with them in the hope of them accepting Him.

This is hardly worthy of shock.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: imwilliam
these verses are dealing with the body of the church NOT FAMILIES!
I kind of see my job as a mother to my children not a pastor! and well if I see them going down what I believe a wrong path my job is to gently teach them why that path is so wrong and if they still chose to go down it well it's to be there to help them pick up the pieces when the crap hits the fan. Bear in mind- there is a whole world out there ready to inflict judgement and punishment on them if they error too greatly. That is not really my job!

Even in the darkest corners of hell I believe there is a flicker of light to be seen by the damned if they chose to see it and they can follow it to salvation!
Why should we remove our lights?

And I would like to add this one thing!
Most churches- not just the fundamentalist churches still teach that the women should obey their husbands!
This pastor I am sure is teaching this concept along with the idea of casting your children aside.
We should accept whatever hell our husbands decide to inflict on us since God has appointed him as our head and yet we shouldn't tolerate a child that has been brought into the world from our own womb for this reason??
Do you realize just how unnatural this is!!! How it goes against every grain of a mother's nature?? Just how badly it destroys a women's spirit? Oh ya that's right the bible was written in a time when it was believed that a women didn't have a spirit wasn't it?

Just to clarify .....There is NOTHING in the scriptures about a place that is the eternal punishment of hell.It is the most heinous of all doctrines of men and lead those that believe in it to false doctrines like these that John Mc Arthur and unfortunately many others believe.The evidence is so strong a 5 year year old could perceive if there is a God they are not the hideous biggoted monster some (many) of the religious believe in.

To quickly address Pauls 'supposed" position on women.It is NOT as those who pervert his words suppose.When he says a wife is to "obey"(hypakouo) her husband he meant "listen and understand".That is the meaning of obey.In typical fashion the religious have taken something Paul (Or Yahoshua) said and turned it into a doctrine of men to justify their behavior.NONE with any common reason would believe for a nano second women are inferior in any way to men.

edit on 18-6-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
What John MacArthur said was accurate according to scripture.

A lot of things that Satan says are accurate according to scripture as well.

Remember how he tried to persuade Jesus to throw himself down from the temple roof?

He argued from Scripture.

Do not believe everyone who can quote you a text.

History is strewn with cults who twisted the Scriptures, but without faith it's useless.

When people quote scriptures with out being led by the Holy Spirit they produce death not life.

The Pharisees and Sadducees also used the scriptures to bring death.

John MacArthur's "religion" does NOT agree with God.

For that reason ALONE, John MacArthur has absolutely no credibility whatsoever...

John MacArthur said that his church was not in particular danger from infiltrating heresy. This paper will show that a dangerous heresy has infiltrated his church; a heresy known generally as the church growth movement. And this paper will show that this movement, being backed by globalists and being used to fulfill their one-world agenda, is now manipulating GCC into that same agenda.

I have made a public apology too everyone I told that MacArthur is legitimate. I am very very sorry for this. I trusted MacArthur and I was deceived and I led others to believe he was ok. Every bit of credibility I gave John MacArthur I retract. I did not understand the doctrine of Calvinism at the time, now I do.

John MacArthur – Transformation of Grace Community Church

John MacArthur's Damning Doctrine

John Mac Arthur denies the blood of Jesus

John Macarthur's Spiritual Mentor was a Jewish rabbi

John Macarthur's Father's Involvement at the Highest Level of the World Ecumenical Movement

John Macarthur's Church's Principal Financier was/is a Governor of The Council for National Policy: A CFR front

MacArthur is teaching damnable doctrines and needs to be exposed for the false teacher he is...

John Macarthur Exposed

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

My reply had nothing to do with John MacArthur, his church or his theology. It had to do with the fact that what he said was correct according to scripture.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

In this case, MacArthur is correct.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

My reply had nothing to do with John MacArthur, his church or his theology. It had to do with the fact that what he said was correct according to scripture. In this case, MacArthur is correct.

Just in case you missed it, my reply had nothing to do with whether or not MacArthur is correct.

Nor did I SAY he was not correct.

That post was for all those who actually ARE interested in John MacArthur's theology.

I have to assume you already know that many others besides you and me will read it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

No offense, but maybe you should have specified that. After all, you did quote me in your post, so naturally, I assumed that you were replying directly to me, and my post.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
While I do NOT advocate this sort of behavior, at least they aren't stoning anyone to death.

More to the point, it's up to the people to stand up to this sort of thing, if no one corrects this jerk and stands up to him and the morons that hang on his every word, then nothing will ever be done.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
While I do NOT advocate this sort of behavior, at least they aren't stoning anyone to death.

More to the point, it's up to the people to stand up to this sort of thing, if no one corrects this jerk and stands up to him and the morons that hang on his every word, then nothing will ever be done.

The fact of the matter is that what you're advocating is the repression of religious practice and belief. If someone believes in the Bible, and Jesus, this is his teaching on matters such as this.

No one is physically hurt, or killed (as you pointed out), they are merely left to their own devices. Also bear in mind, that the people being cut off in this instance are those that claim to be Christians, yet live in a manner that goes against Christ's own teaching.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm seeing the exact opposite. Christians are becoming more tolerant, far more tolerant than they were when I was young. I know my views have evolved over the years.

What troubles me the most is that some want to silence speech they don't agree with. I'm far more scared by that than anything else. Those who engage in silencing peoples speech or religion are truly dangerous. Sadly they pretend to be tolerant themselves and even worse pretend to believe in free speech, when in fact they don't.

This person is wrong, but he has a right to say and believe as he wishes.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The thing people are missing here is that Jesus is saying that if you are surrounded by hypocritical Christians, it'll be very likely that you will become hypocritical as well.

Naturally, any parent who happens to be a Christian, a Christian that tries to follow the word, will not just cut their child off completely, they will instead treat them as they would someone who never believed in the first place. They are their kids, after all.

The problem with this is that in a matter of faith, they will be allowing themselves to become more tolerant of sinful behavior (as mentioned above), and thus treading on that slippery slope of hypocrisy, which is extremely dangerous from the point of view of salvation.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I don't know anything abut this John Macarthur person, but I"m going to have to agree with Murgatroid on this one.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The method described above is the exact method that my family and Pentecostal church, back in the 1970s, used to coerce and threaten my older sister into an abortion when she got pregnant.

It's also the exact same method they used on me, 4 years later, when they "ex-communicated" me for NOT having an abortion.

Critical thinking and a little empathy goes a lot further than scripture when emulating "Christ".

edit on 18-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't know anything abut this John Macarthur person, but I"m going to have to agree with Murgatroid on this one.

The method described above is the exact method that my family and Pentecostal church, back in the 1970s, used to coerce and threaten my older sister into an abortion when she got pregnant.

It's also the exact same method they used on me, 4 years later, when they "ex-communicated" me for NOT having an abortion.

Critical thinking and a little empathy goes a lot further than scripture when emulating "Christ".

I'm not arguing your point, as obviously any and all Christians are subject to interpreting, and exercising, scripture incorrectly (as in your case, and that of your sister).

As professing Christians, they (your family) will have to answer for each of those particular instances.

Also, I am not advocating on behalf of John MacArthur, or his church. My only point in all of this is that his interpretation of the scripture in this matter is correct.

Jesus said what he said. How people inject that into their lives is going to vary, and how they do so will not always be correct, or right.
edit on 6/18/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: Corrected typo, and added "your family" for clarity

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
After reading several posts above, I can see a problem and a serious question.

If the bible is God's word, why did he convey it in such a way that we would all misinterpret it?

Why did she (God) stop speaking to us two thousand years ago...or several hundred years ago in some cases? Why didn't God resend us his word in English or Spanish or German or French or any language easier to interpret than ancient Hebrew and Latin etc...

God, of course, wouldn't do that. God would make her truth well known, yes?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I am utterly and truly shocked that any church would tell a woman to have an abortion, what they espouse is not of God's teaching's so be assured you are most certainly not excommunicated from the body of christ but they most certainly are like the cancer they are corrupting his word to there own cultic use.
I like the born again christians and sects aside there are true christians in ever church but also unchristian people, I myself keep falling and trying to get back up as my own morality fails but when you looked at that little baby could you or anyone with the slightest presence of god's love in there hearts not say that child was a gift from god (And sometime's a handful especially when they get to there teenage years), you knew when you looked at thet child you had done the right thing, remember god talks to a man or woman often through there heart and you did the right thing.
I know nothing of this pentacostal sect and will research it I think but they sound like a misguided bunch, are they one of those groups with an ultra rich leader whom use the faith for there own personal gain and to use a analogy bring the money changers in there own presence into the temple of god.
I know I have failed my god and myself but I believe in his love and mercy and even if I fall the last thing I would ever want if for another to enter the same state, Pray for them as god will surely hear your prayer and try to forgive them as they are indeed wrong in there unchristian command and corruption of the faith but among them may be others like yourself trapped and not understanding, they came looking for god but got the devils salesman instead whom used his word in there own way for there own benefit.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

If the bible is God's word, why did he convey it in such a way that we would all misinterpret it?

Why did she (God) stop speaking to us two thousand years ago...or several hundred years ago in some cases? Why didn't God resend us his word in English or Spanish or German or French or any language easier to interpret than ancient Hebrew and Latin etc...

Interesting point, that. "Let he who has ears, listen...."

Point being: not everyone is going to 'get it'.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Agreed. The biggest stumbling block for professing Christians (in my opinion) seems to be that they forget that they are still human, and will screw up from time to time. It is in recognizing that you screwed up, and trying to fix it, that makes you a Christian.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Interesting point, that. "Let he who has ears, listen...."

Point being: not everyone is going to 'get it'.

So I understand that concept. The same as "..when the student is ready the teacher appears.." But...You know as well as I do that the bible is just hard reading contradictory and hard to get a handle on. Paul appears to say in our translation that women are subservient to men...the ten commandments makes sense but then what about all the other rules and laws in leviticus and what of Jesus who said there is only one commandment and that is to love thy neighbor but then he also says to follow the old laws and.. look, I'm not a stupid guy, I read dozens of books every year, I'm college educated, I've won minor writing contests and I own my own business, so If I can't get it....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That is Not what Matthew 18:15 says .

Moreover if your brother shall trespass AGAINST YOU, go and tell him his fault BETWEEN YOU and him alone: if he shall hear you, you have gained your brother.
But if he will not hear you, then take with you one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it to the church: but if he neglects to hear the church, let him be unto you as a heathen man and a tax collector.Verily I say unto you, whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be what has been bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be what has been loosed in heaven.

Specifically it says if someone trespasses against YOU go to them privately and deal with it.If they don't listen take two or three witnesses to verify it.Then if they still don't take it to a church.The word church does not mean "Christian people" that is an extrapolation putting words inYahoshua mouth that were not recorded of what he said.The word translated church is ekklesia which means…an assembly or a group of people(more witnesses).It says NOTHING of the doctrine of men of the "Christian church".It also Its says nothing of whether they are a "professed Christian.These are a perverted extrapolations to justify a doctrine of men.

John Mc Arthur like many others have extrapolated what they want the scriptures to mean.His interpretation of Matthew 18:15 is a complete perversion of the scriptures to serve a personal religious agenda in this case a bigoted view of someone who is homosexual.On top of that the far reaching perversion is that he is teaching as a supposed" authority of God" ,people who are parents of gay kids that"proclaim themselves are Christian" that Jesus said alienate them from their life when that isn't even close to what Yahoshua said or meant.

Yahoshua rightly said "In that day many will come in my name "saying" they are christ and will deceive many".He was clearly speaking of Christianity yet they cannot see they are blind guides leading the blind into the ditch. Yahoshua's harshest words "are" against the religious leaders and followers and the tenets and false doctrines of men of his day and the same is true today as it was then.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

"My own shall come unto me", these are the word's of jesus and some will have there eyes opened as they read but others will be confused and confounded as this is the will of god but if you truly want to find god then ask him in your own way, pray to him in your own way and ask him to teach you, even if you have nearly no faith he will still hear you and he sent his son to be the good shepherd and seek the lost sheep remember.
But sometimes as in my case you may be torn between different natures alway's at war with yourself and alway's losing to your darker intentions only to feel sick with yourself once they are sated and wonder was that really you whom though that way, whom got that angry with someone whom did you wrong that it made you ill and made you contemplate the uncontemplatable.
A church group can give you strength but whom among us can truly go into a church and open up out own personal neurosis to others or air our dirty laundry before them and whom in there shame would simply like my to my shame keep it between themselves and god hoping that he will forgive our failures but too ashamed of our faults to let anyone else know of them.

I wish you all peace and may god keep you all safe, I know that my words will probably not be enough but please just seek him and he will hear you and remember the famous poem footprints (You will have to forgive me rendition of it as I have not read it for many years).
One night a man had a dream, he dreamed he was walking along the beach with the lord and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, he also noticed that at the very lowest and saddest times in his life there was only one set, this really bothered the man and he asked the lord, lord you said you would always be with but why did you leave me when my life was at it's worst as I see only one set of footprints in the sand at those times.
The lord replied, My precious precious child I would never leave you it was at those times that I carried you.

And for myself I am sorry to my god for my failings and I am sorry that I never became whom I should have been.

Just remember when you stumble you are not ever alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

What you stated about yourself is kind of 'it' in a nutshell. Education, and self improvement, isn't going to reveal the truth of the word to you, or anyone else.

Ultimately, this is beside the point of the thread, but I'll do my best here...

With regard to what Paul says about women, they are not subservient to men, but rather they are to honor their husband, just as he is to honor his wife. They are partners, and are supposed to be of one accord with regard to their household. As for their having a lesser role in church (synagogue, whichever), that is part of the patriarchal nature of creation according to God. The wife has a much larger role than the husband in the upbringing of the children in the home with regard to their understanding of scripture (preparing them for their later roles in the church). If anything, the women of those times and cultures had a bigger hand in the perpetuation of the patriarchal system.

As for the old laws, they were a HUGE part of why the New Testament even happened. Man polluted God's laws with his own.

Jesus's one commandment is meant to underscore that by following that simple command, everything else would fall into line.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join