It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I love this kind of stuff. Dis-information is the greatest..and most fustrating thing of out times. But the power of it as a tool of the government cant be overlooked. The problem is, look what it does to us, websites like this one where a bunch of conspiracy lunatics like us feed off it. Whats real? Whats not? (Jihadunspun is not
) All I can say for certain is this type of "warfare" is facinating to me.

PR Meets Psy-Ops in War on Terror

"WASHINGTON On the evening of Oct. 14, a young Marine spokesman near Fallouja appeared on CNN and made a dramatic announcement.

"Troops crossed the line of departure," 1st Lt. Lyle Gilbert declared, using a common military expression signaling the start of a major campaign. "It's going to be a long night." CNN, which had been alerted to expect a major news development, reported that the long-awaited offensive to retake the Iraqi city of Fallouja had begun...."

www.latimes.com...

I wonder what else is out there?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What's your point? It's a brilliant strategy.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its news. I also think its a brilliant strategy. But arent these very boards for people who question information and data? I think its interesting that not only do we need to weed through the "real" facts, we need to interpet whats implanted dissinformation too. How many topics on these boards debated data what wasnt even real? Thats facinating.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
fascinating but sad though.....our lives in the hands of some power hungry lunatics!!!
Its like a gun, its fasinating having one in your hand and shooting with it but the fascination surely will fade when the gun is pointed at you..fires...and the bullet penetrates your stomich.

ignorance is bliss aint it

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion, the incident was a brilliant strategy. Secrecy has been heavily compromised by news agencies with no respect for the nations they serve who readily provide news coverage to our enemies.

When Marines landed in Somalia, the news media were there to greet them. CNN announces that the Fallujah operation has begun and the insurgents spring into action. Only this time, it's a trick and the US military gets the goods on the enemy's size, organization and tactics. Bravisimo!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well either it was a strategic move, or the US encounter problems that make them wait for a later time.

Perhaps we will find out on another news. Right

War is like marriage so unpredictable.

new topics

top topics

join