It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near death experiences expert interview.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
One of the most interesting topics in relationship to the paranormal has to be NDEs. I once made a list of all the possible explanations for them in regards to neurological mechanisms and then found they could all be shot down quite easily. It is my belief that NDEs are real and not a function of a dying brain. There had to be a life before this and one afterwards.

Here Dr. Penny Sartori is interviewed. She gives and excellent analysis of her own research and what it ultimately means:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

It's almost an hour. is it worth that much time?
edit on 17-6-2014 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
NDE's really interest me and I feel you cannot really form an opinion on them unless your a neurosurgeon or have had one. It's one of those things that you don't know until it happens to you. I wish I could watch the vid but I am at work right now, maybe when I get home. Have you heard of that neurosurgeon who didn't believe in NDE's until he had one himself, now he wrote a book on them and has had many interviews I can't remember his name

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's almost an hour. is it worth that much time?

Maybe.

Dr Penny Sartori worked as a nurse in a British hospital for 21 years, 17 of those being in Intensive Care. She is highly experienced and skilled in her role as an intensive care staff nurse; and has conducted unique and extensive research into the near-death experiences (NDEs) of her patients.

In 2005 she was awarded a PhD for her research into NDEs. Dr Sartori’s work has received worldwide attention and media coverage. She has spoken at many conferences both nationally and internationally and her work has received the attention of HRH Prince Charles
www.drpennysartori.com...

I have an interest in NDE's and proper research into the phenomena so will give the video a watch later , thanks for posting edward777

a reply to: Shepard64
Dr. Eben Alexander ?

edit on 17-6-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know for a fact NDEs are real based on my experiences. I read a book about it, a lot of people who had NDEs talked about exiting their body from the left. I experimented with a drug which I cannot mention because you know why. This drug gave me a complete Ego-Death experience, and during the experience I literally felt Time flowing from right to left, I can't explain it but it would make sense that when I die I would exit from the left because of it.

That's just one of the many experiences I had that changed my life completely. The most important experience would probably be have to be what I call Christ consciousness, I guess you could say...Christ saved me from myself because before that I was spiraling down a very bad path in my life.

Be not afraid of Death, but be very afraid of the actions you commit that are considered evil in nature because I promise you it will come back and bite you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
NDE's really interest me and I feel you cannot really form an opinion on them unless your a neurosurgeon or have had one. It's one of those things that you don't know until it happens to you. I wish I could watch the vid but I am at work right now, maybe when I get home. Have you heard of that neurosurgeon who didn't believe in NDE's until he had one himself, now he wrote a book on them and has had many interviews I can't remember his name

Actually, you most definitely can form an opinion on them, even if you can't prove it 100% by science, you can still opionate anything you wish. And stand by your opinions based on either personal experiences, your view on logical probabilities or circumstantial evidence, or both.

Its my very strong opinion that NDE's are real. My son experienced one, and when he returned to his body was completely restored in health. Something that the dying brain proponents can't really explain to me.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
I know for a fact NDEs are real based on my experiences. I read a book about it, a lot of people who had NDEs talked about exiting their body from the left. I experimented with a drug which I cannot mention because you know why. This drug gave me a complete Ego-Death experience, and during the experience I literally felt Time flowing from right to left, I can't explain it but it would make sense that when I die I would exit from the left because of it.

That's just one of the many experiences I had that changed my life completely. The most important experience would probably be have to be what I call Christ consciousness, I guess you could say...Christ saved me from myself because before that I was spiraling down a very bad path in my life.

Be not afraid of Death, but be very afraid of the actions you commit that are considered evil in nature because I promise you it will come back and bite you.

Someone sold you left-handed drugs? What if you were in the southern hemisphere? Would time flow the other way?

My grandmother had an NDE during surgery. My mother told me about it and said that she was not afraid of death after that.

edit on 17-6-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: lerning to tipe is fun

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Ha...ha....ha very funny. Jokes to gain stars, hope that works out for you. Here let me be the first to give you a Star for at least trying to be funny. Maybe I would have laughed if I didn't get the impression you were trying to belittle me, or maybe I'm just projecting since I had a pretty crappy day so forgive me if that wasn't your intention.

No, it wouldn't matter where I am on the planet. Our consciousness does many things, including acting like a recording, being played throughout time from right to left. That's how you're able to see your life from your perspective as a movie when shown to you after you die, many NDE users have experienced something like that.
edit on 17-6-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
NDE's are an amazing topic - one the skeptics like to stray from.

I have experienced a NDE. Just once - my heart was stopped for a few minutes and I was clinically dead yada yada basically I left my body from the left you could say. Then my consciousness or whatever you want to call it floated up about 20 yards from my body and the surrounding events.

While up there my conciousness observed things which I later described in great detail to my family. These are things my family later verified and I would not have been able to see with my physical body as my eyes were busy rolling around in the back of my head cause I was dying and such lol. It was very brief, I watched my body get loaded into an ambulance while my consciousness was drifting higher and higher in elevation until all of the sudden SNAP my consciousness literally shot back downwards I kid you not and then just like that I came to in the ambulance with a massive gasp of air. When I came back I breathed and sat up straight so violently I ripped an IV out.

I was so exhilarated as well, my mind was racing and my initial thoughts were the ambulance I was in was a spaceship as weird as that sounds lol. Eventually I calmed down and all was normal again though.

Anyways, that changed my life. A part of us continues after death - without a doubt.
edit on 17-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So we should be afraid of doing "evil", but is this evil that is covered in a specific religious book or a more general evil like not committing acts of violence? Many religious books advocate violence for actions they consider evil, many of such sins being non-violent in nature, so the whole thing has got me confused.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

Read the last line. There was no attempt to belittle. You are extremely sensitive, apparently.

Speaking for myself, I express my humor and care not if stars appear. Apparently you are star driven, based on your reply.

I have a weird sense of humor and find humor in some pretty weird areas, so I can sympathize.

edit on 17-6-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith

So we should be afraid of doing "evil", but is this evil that is covered in a specific religious book or a more general evil like not committing acts of violence? Many religious books advocate violence for actions they consider evil, many of such sins being non-violent in nature, so the whole thing has got me confused.

You bring up a very good point my friend.

I guess I shouldn't use the term be afraid of doing evil, I guess what I really was trying to say is treat others how you would want to be treated yourself. Someday every deed you ever done to others, good or bad will played to you from their perspective so you know how you made them feel.

As for advocating violence against violence, that's a hard one because I need to tread carefully how I think about this because Jesus Christ himself was against fighting violence against violence. I know that God has a plan that comes out from all the suffering we endure from others because suffering is our greatest teacher. I'd like to say I'd forgive a murderer for killing someone close to me because, 1. Death is a gift, 2. The murderer obviously has lost his way, just as I almost had in the past but doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see them not go punished in this life in Prison or Death by Justice. I believe when you die, if you made the wrong choices you don't burn in hell for eternity, that's just mistranslations but instead you are put into the 'lake of fire' for a 2nd Death, meaning you are reincarnated on Earth to die again that's just my opinion. My small mind can't grasp Gods plan, if I said I knew what his plan was for all of us I would be arrogant but there's still a lot of missing puzzles for me.

However, I do believe that we should do right is right in our heart. I would kill, depending on the circumstances of the situation. I would kill those who kill others for their amusements, tortures those who torture others. I would rid the world of those who molest children, but that's just me. That's why it's a trendy topic for me because it's two sides of the same coin. I'm following a path blinding not knowing what's right but only trusting what I feel is right in my heart. It certainly would help me a lot if Jesus said anything about how to go about something like this, or maybe I just haven't found his words yet to show me what's right.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

You're right. I am sensitive because I'm an empath, it's very common for us to get the wrong impression depending on the mood we are in. I had my doubts he wasn't belittling me which is why I apologized.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
NDE's are proof that a dying brain can still function.
See, the point is that that pesky word 'near' is in the death experience, now, if someone came back from a 'death experience' that would be really something.
But these people did not die, because when someone dies they don't come back into the flesh to tell everyone about it.
dead is dead.
Does an NDE continue when the brain is completely dead?

So anyone who has the story of an NDE is a person who has NEVER died, otherwise they would not be talking about it, they would be DEAD!

See, near dead and dead are two separate things.

NDE's proof of LAD?
Nope, I'll keep looking elsewhere, I'll see what the ghosts say, apparently they are really dead, at least physically.

But, people wish to believe in NDE's simply because they have 'WTS' (wishful thinking syndrome), wishfully thinking does not get to the truth, it just obfuscates it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Umm... if you were an empath you would have known what his intent was. I suspect you meant something else other than empath.

Empaths have the ability to scan another's psyche for thoughts and feelings or for past, present, and future life occurrences. Many empaths are unaware of how this actually works, and have long accepted that they were sensitive to others.

Can an empath scan someone over the internet?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toadmund

But these people did not die, because when someone dies they don't come back into the flesh to tell everyone about it.
dead is dead.

At what point are people really dead then? When they don't come back?
So if we were to completely disassemble a person atom by atom and put them back together, and they breathed again they really never died either in your view.

In other words you presuppose that that there is nothing after death, therefore if they breathe again, they never died.
Correct?

We are alive some of the time, and dead other times even now.It is just your definition of dead is purely from the "known" physical world point of view and does not encompass all dimensions of our existence.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

It's called reading between the lines. I can pick up on things, but I picked up on my own projections today. Like I said, I had a bad day. Are you done? You don't know anything about me so don't tell me if I'm an empath or not please. I think I'll take my Doctors word over yours any day, at least I've been tested by them.

If you have bothered to continued to read more about empaths instead of stoping at the first thing you read that's likely to discredit me, you would know that empaths sometimes pick up mixed signals that are not even there as well depending on their mood throughout the day. Like I said, I had a bad day.

Have a good night.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Geez the interviewr Michael cross is terrible!
He should have let her tell her story instead of trying to lead the interview and reaffirming what she had already disclosed.

Nice thread OP
But the interviewer sucks! And I found my self irritated at his voice while clenching my teeth waiting for him to shut up and listen instead of bouncing from question to question.

Just saying..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Actually I did read more.

I also stated that I "suspected" you meant something other than empath. Not: "you are not an empath".

You are right: I do not know you, but I know many people here on ATS (and in life, in general) get definitions confused, so I questioned the use of the word in a way.

I am not an empath, I read body language etc to get "reads" on people. I have a very finely tuned "BSometer" but it only works when face to face with people. I get nothing over the net lol.

The last question, believe it or not, was real. Can you scan/read people over the net? (as an empath)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: Toadmund

dead is dead.

At what point are people really dead then? When they don't come back?
So if we were to completely disassemble a person atom by atom and put them back together, and they breathed again they really never died either in your view.

In other words you presuppose that that there is nothing after death, therefore if they breathe again, they never died.
Correct?

We are alive some of the time, and dead other times even now.It is just your definition of dead is purely from the "known" physical world point of view and does not encompass all dimensions of our existence.

When people don't come back, they are really dead I would say.
If you put someone back together from being apart, I would say they were dead and returned. I would be interested in what more than one of them would have to say.

I think NDE's are very poor evidence of an afterlife, and if you believe it is proof, then you are reaching really far, and choose to believe simply because you want to.

I don't know if there is an afterlife or if their is a god, how could you possibly know if their was or not either?
Anything you claim to know is an assumption on poor evidence that science has an answer for, the mind trip of a dying brain feasting on dimethyltryptamine.

There is my answer to a good question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join