It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Many Non-credible Accounts of the State of Affairs at Fukushima Add Up to a Fairytale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Look, I can give you a rundown of quite a few particulars of the official status updates of the Fukushima Daiichi situation that I can call into question, but, right now, I don't have the time or inclination to do so, but I'll tell you what...

The only thing that I find credible is my feeling that the Daiichi site has been, for the most part, abandoned and the powers-that-be are letting the chips fall where they may, come what may.

Good luck to you all.

P.M.
edit on 17-6-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Implemented an improvement to presentation of thought

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

I do not believe that the site has been abandoned, but I do believe that what we hear about efforts to rectify the situation, the scale of the impact on the entire nation of Japan, the impact on local ecology and indeed the oceans as a wider subject, and the sheer scale of the radiological contamination are being held back.

I think it is worse there than we are hearing. Governments have upped the safety margins regarding exposure to radioactivity, and not just the Japanese government either. This does not seem like something that a government would do, unless there was the risk of people being exposed to greater amounts than previously, and panicking because they have gone over the previous limit.

Personally, I think the whole situation over there is probably about as bad as it could be.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Although I appreciate your concern and share it myself, this post could have easily been added to an existing thread since you don't have the time or inclination to proffer official statuses and updates compared with anything solid to the contrary.

Like you I feel this crisis is still just that.......a crisis. I am more concerned that Fukushima is such a mess that all the kings horses and men can't put it back together again. Because of this I fear the long term consequences of what may happen. I suppose there really is nothing new under the sun as we've shown to not care about our oceans. Take for example:

In an alarming piece of news courtesy of the Newport News Daily Press, we find the Army dumped chemical weapons at sea for decades, and some of it is now a toxic sludge poisoning all of us in more ways than we can imagine. Even though a select few have known for years the Army was disposing of chemical weapons in ways not healthy for any of us, we are told "records obtained by the Daily Press show that the previously classified weapopns-dumping program was far more extensive than had been suspected." The Army now admits it dumped 64 MILLION pounds of nerve and mustard gas agents, 400,000 chemical filled bombs, landmines, and rockets, and more than 500 TONS of radioactive waste into the seas. This is a disaster beyond description, and affects every living thing on Earth

Source

Apparently not just chemicals but radioactive waste also:

Lurking off Virginia are tens of thousands of mustard gas shells and hundreds of tons of radioactive waste in at least five ocean dump zones created by the Army decades ago.

Newly released Army records show that four dumpsites containing a hodgepodge of deadly ordnance are in deep water off Chincoteague, near the Maryland state line on the Eastern Shore.

A fifth is in very deep water off Virginia Beach.

A sixth might - or might not - exist. A former ammunition inspector at Nansemond Ordnance Depot in Suffolk told Army investigators in 1970 that "some" chemical weapons had been dumped in the Atlantic off Norfolk after an "incident at port" during World War II.

Source

What these two articles tell me is that, my government has no qualms about doing the unthinkable and than lying to the faces of my countrymen. That said, although I recognize we are talking about two different countries, the difference is really an imaginary border but clearly the world is run by imbeciles and madmen.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Although I appreciate your concern and share it myself, this post could have easily been added to an existing thread since you don't have the time or inclination to proffer official statuses and updates compared with anything solid to the contrary.

OK, here's a sample of what I was getting at.

There is an older story that workers at the stricken Daiichi plant had been dying within a month of doing clean-up work there.

This, in combination, with the belated admission by authorities that some 700 nuclear plant workers with half-a-brain ran for their lives [at the peak of the March, 2011 emergency thus abandoning the plant to a few remaining workers who are rumored to have died] will have you wondering "how in the world can they recruit qualified workers for clean-up?"

So a story is contrived that they found willing workers among the absolute destitute and desperate, so desperate as to work for minimum wage. Apparently organized crime was more than willing to go along with this ruse posing as recruiters.

Stand-by for more.

P.M.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I like this comment:

What are the odds of all three nuclear reactors having a 100 TON BLOB of 5,000 degree Fahrenheit liquid radioactive LAVA just sitting there, ON TOP of concrete, in a nice, neat little doggie pile, without doing anything?

What did TEPCO do to get it to stay there? Did they order it?

Nice corium doggie pile.. SIT! STAY!

An out of control 5,000 degree Fahrenheit corium does not just sit there.

IT GOES places… It eats holes through cement like a hot knife through butter.

Left under this snippet:

NHK WORLD, June 10, 2014: TEPCO officials are struggling to find [...] the condition of the melted fuel [...] Officials believe that at reactor number 2, water is leaking [...] at the bottom of the containment vessel, but do not know exactly from where. [At] reactors 1 and 3, the utility has found the sources of some leaks, but suspects there are other breaches [...] Nothing is known about the condition of the melted fuel in all 3 reactors. TEPCO is considering various forms of surveys, including a plan to send a camera-mounted robot [...]
Source

And I'm really curious ... whatever happened to that grand scheme to remove the core material with their robot contraption?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What I find most revealing about Fukushima is the apathy in the free world regarding the news blackout from Japan.

I'm old enough to remember Public Service Announcements on television about the so called "Iron Curtain" preventing the truth of Communism from getting out of Russia and China.

Now it is the 'free' Western World that is complicit in concealing the biggest killing event on the planet.

We have become what we were taught to fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

And I'm really curious ... whatever happened to that grand scheme to remove the core material with their robot contraption?

I am glad that you brought up the issue of robots.

Early reports had it that the radiation at the Daiichi reactors was so strong that it swiftly knocked out robots rendering them totally useless.

More recently though, we have the report of a brainiac Japanese engineer who designed (in short order and apparently "on the fly", no less) a robotic boat to float around a circular trough with a tiny camera to seek out a small but rather significant leak of radioactive water near [what's left of] the core of one of the reactors. An animated demonstration of this was released: NOT CREDIBLE in light of what allegedly happened to prior robots!

What is credible is that nothing is being done.

If the radiation at the cores of the reactors of buildings 1, 2, and 3 is reputed to be so strong, how can it possibly be safe enough for workers not so far away and just a few stories up (on the order of 100 feet or so) to perform the delicate operation of extracting highly fragile and sensitive fuel rods from the damaged cooling pool of building 4 ? The radiation from the smoke stack near buildings 1 and 2 is reputed to be so strong that it would seem to make work at building 4 to be way too dangerous. The story of delicate and critical work going on at the spend fuel pool of building 4 especially by unqualified workers is NOT CREDIBLE.

What is credible is that nothing is being done.

Furthermore, what further damages the credibility of things going on at building 4 is the fact that, in Youtube videos, both ABC and CBS were called on the carpet for falsifying televised depictions of the interior of building 4 with work allegedly going on there. Still photos of damaged building 4 show it to be in horrendously damaged condition, yet the televised depictions of the interior of building 4 showed pristine conditions there. It was rightly noted that these scenes could have been shot at any reactor building in Japan (probably Daiichi building 5 or 6) or in any reactor building in the world for that matter. After all, the alleged Daiichi workers were wearing protective gear, and you could not even identify them as being Japanese what with the masks that they were wearing.

Listen to your gut. Better yet listen to my gut. My gut is telling me that the Daiichi site has been deemed to be a total loss, and not much is going on there.

P.M.
edit on 17-6-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Minor cosmetic corrections.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Aside from the obvious, the worst thing of all so far, is that the only progress the Japanese government has made is to pass a law that puts people in jail for 10 years if they release any further information considered to be a 'state secret.' Since everything about this has been whistle-blown up to this point ... it must all be 'officially' a state secret. We can expect to get less and less credible information from the site until one of the cores self-detonate.

I can't attest to the truth of this, but some sources have put the level of radioactivity released in the initial 'little pop' at 150X+ the amount of the attack on Nagasaki. I don't think people actually wrap their minds around the tremendous size of a single fuel rod ... as compared to the melon-sized (or smaller) core of a nuclear weapon. If one of those cores let loose (and it might at any moment now) I'll probably feel it all the way over here in Korea. ... And there are three of them.

-Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Fairytales are hardly so bleak.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Aside from the obvious, the worst thing of all so far, is that the only progress the Japanese government has made is to pass a law that puts people in jail for 10 years if they release any further information considered to be a 'state secret.' Since everything about this has been whistle-blown up to this point ... it must all be 'officially' a state secret. We can expect to get less and less credible information from the site until one of the cores self-detonate.

It was my intention to write about the non-credible nonsense known as the Fukushima "ice wall" and then to write about Japan's state's secrets law, but since you brought up this law first, I will write my take on in now.

Yes, there has been much that has been whistle-blown to date, much that the Japanese government would have preferred to keep secret, and much of this was revealed before the law was passed... but the law was passed anyway.

Why?

Well, there is one secret of utmost concern... one really, really big secret that must, must be kept under wraps.

It's the secret that the Daiichi disaster site is hopeless, and the sad truth is that nothing much can be done about it except to contrive some photo ops to give a false impression to the contrary.

P.M.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

It was my intention to write about the non-credible nonsense known as the Fukushima "ice wall" ...

I was going to do a write-up highly critical of the plan to build an ice wall at Fukushima, but I just learned the latest news that initial attempts to freeze ground water there have failed.

So I have a couple questions.

First, are there any satellite photos that would prove or disprove worker activity at Fukushima Daiichi? I have seen nothing like this. Photos taken from a distance show no human activity there, while close-up photos may be contrived "photo ops."

So, was there any real attempt at freezing ground water, or is the report of a failure actually a contrived graceful way out of an ill-conceived attempted ruse to show that there is a government which is on top of things and which is taking positive steps to contain the situation? I say "ill-conceived ruse" because there was, oh, so much criticism of the ice wall barrier that maybe the attempt fell apart and needed to be abandoned without so much as any real work being done on the project.

Is anyone in a position to confirm any of this one way or another?

P.M.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

It was my intention to write about the non-credible nonsense known as the Fukushima "ice wall" and then to write about Japan's state's secrets law, but since you brought up this law first, I will write my take on in now.

P.M.

Uhrm, pretty sure I brought up the subject first in post #6.

Are my posts not visible to you two?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This should help determine just how bad those cores are, and if they melted down below containment.

Probing Fukushima with cosmic rays should speed cleanup
phys.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
This should help determine just how bad those cores are, and if they melted down below containment.

Probing Fukushima with cosmic rays should speed cleanup
phys.org...

Yeah, finding the corium would be a good first step in dealing with the situation.

"Speed cleanup" is a fairly abstract concept, as the world wide spread of radioactive nuclides from Fukushima Daiichi's three melted down reactors continues unabated into it's third year.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If I am allowed to be really paranoid here, let me show you how to think outside the box.

First we know that the media lied about the Earthquake. It clearly happened in a different place, not where reported, and it clearly was WAY lower than 9.0 or whatever that it was later upgraded to (even magnitude 7 earthquake would be hugely devastating, especially to older buildings - just look at Kobe, I think after 7.2 magnitude quake that hit it).

Absolutely no earthquake damage. 9.0 would be so huge that other countries would probably have been affected already - people have no sense of these logarithmic scales. Magninute 8.0 is not double the 7.0, but multiple times. And not only multiple times, but the difference is like night and day. Same with 8.0 and 9.0.

So now we know the media lied.

Then media showed us things, happenings, and gave us numbers. They fearmongered us, and lot of us got realllllly worried.

Basically, even after realizing the media lied to the audiences, the audiences STILL trusted it to provide information, because, you know, they will tell the truth about everything THIS time.

For all ANYONE really knows, including people in Japan, they could have hired some actors and created a movielike production as to the whole disaster and the crisis operation.

All I know is what I have seen on videos, and what I have read. I haven't been there. For all I really know, nothing even happened. (Though I am relatively convinced that at least some kind of tsunami did happen, the footage is too realistic and of course the jig would be up the moment a japanese individual would look out the window and see that the parking lot is completely dry)

Radioactivity is a _VERY_ handy and clever tool, because general audience don't understand it, haven't experienced it, don't know anything about it (except what they have been TOLD), and it can never be proven. The moment anyone has 100% irrefutable proof that radioactivity both exists, and is lethally dangerous, they are pretty much 'dead'.

So the media can tweak and twist the values as much as they want, no one knows, no one can find out, no one can investigate, and no one can research, unless they have some kind of expensive, sophisticated equipment that they know exactly how (and why) it works because they fundamentally understand the technology itself - not because someone has told them how it works.

The same goes with the nuclear explosive devices that I am starting to think was just another hoax according to a lot of the statement made during that era when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were supposedly 'nuked'. No one can prove or disprove it, because to do so, you'd be committing a suicide.

I am not making any statement regarding radioactivity or amounts or whatnot, I am just pointing out, HOW EASY it would be to manipulate the masses, because the masses can never truly know.

And how foolish it is to believe the media.

Why aren't japanese people being evacuated to other countries? Why aren't they dropping like flies, if it's that dangerous?

Why is life going on in Japan, like nothing happened, and like everything is normal?

Could it be, that the media has only fearmongered, and that there is no real, actual danger of radiaoctivity?

I don't have the answers, I just have a lot of questions.

But I do know that the media lied about the earthquake, so surely someone has an agenda. And any media that lies and works from an agenda, is not trustworthy. It amazes me how blindingly unanimously everyone here talks about these things, as if "this is how it is", instead of "this is what the media showed us".

There is a big difference. And there should be, at least on a friggin' CONSPIRACY site!

edit on 14-2-2015 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

Could it be, that the media has only fearmongered, and that there is no real, actual danger of radiaoctivity?

Yeah that's it.

Congratulations, you win the internet.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I don't have the answers, I just have a lot of questions.

After reading that, so do I. No offense intended, but were you actually being serious?

You make some pretty wild accusations and scenario's.

Can you elaborate on these?

1. So now we know the media lied.

2. For all I really know, nothing even happened.

3. The moment anyone has 100% irrefutable proof that radioactivity both exists, and is lethally dangerous, they are pretty much 'dead'. (my favorite)

4. The same goes with the nuclear explosive devices that I am starting to think was just another hoax according to a lot of the statement made during that era when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were supposedly 'nuked'.

Let's go with those.

new topics

top topics

join