It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Lunar Palace for Space Research Tested on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is interesting and perfect for ATS to mull over. China is advancing the technology for living off-world on the Moon or on Mars.

The core of Lunar Palace 1 is the world's most advanced closed-loop life-support technology so far: a Bio-regenerative Life Support System that is essential for astronauts to live and work in space for long-duration missions, thus making it possible for lengthy spaceflights and planetary exploration, representatives wrote on the CMSE website.

A story posted on the CMSE website says Lunar Palace 1 is the first bioregenerative life-support base developed in China, and the third overall in the world.

This is way cool! However, it has the conspiracy side of my brain active; right side or left side?....IDK, anyway, is China preparing to take the reigns of Space exploration from the US? I know they are still pretty far behind but this article just has me wondering...What says ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The chinese are advancing and have big ambitions.The biosphere looks functional but it still has to be landed on the moon.No small feat and imo, nasa may have made that lunar touchdown in haste and got lucky.If I remember Armstrong only had a few seconds of fuel left when they landed.Not much room for error.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
The chinese are advancing and have big ambitions.The biosphere looks functional but it still has to be landed on the moon.No small feat and imo, nasa may have made that lunar touchdown in haste and got lucky.If I remember Armstrong only had a few seconds of fuel left when they landed.Not much room for error.

Yes, the Chinese seem pretty determined to un-seat the US as the world power but they aren't doing it militarily; they're doing it financially. That's how I see it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well, that sounds like progress.

I think, however, that the real proof of this, or any system designed for the same purpose, is going to be how it performs when on station, as opposed to as part of an experiment on Earth. The major issue for persons who will be in colony situations on other planets, is going to be acclimatising to differing gravities, while surviving on strange foods, and living in these habitats. Testing these things without that metric as a factor is like taking a car for a spin, and remaining stationary for the entire duration for that very reason!

new topics

top topics

join