learn more

The Middle East is 'Bush's' Fault !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Europes fault, everything is Europes fault.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Just a quick question, are you a Bush supporter?

Yes. Also, very right wing.

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: beezzer

The Middle East.

Where Mubarak was ousted in Egypt by the Muslim Brotherhood, backed by the Obama Administration.

Where the US is backing rebels against Assad, ironically where ISIS began.

Where we are now talking with Iran to help fight against ISIS.

Yet this is Bush's fault.

This began long before either guy was elected.

Was the point.

We went in then we shirked our responsiblities.

While there is a historical precedent, the current administration has done nothing to quell the rising tensions.

Why is it your place to 'quell tensions' and intervene in other countries' internal affairs? Especially in places where you have no apparent dog in the race, no stake apart from 'liberating' that nation's natural resources and economic infrastructure for privatization to US firms?

Or, at least if you insist it's your place to do this, why do you object to Russia intervening in bordering states on behalf of ethnic Russians or Russian speaking populations in those countries?

You even saber rattle and threaten what would easily be construed as acts of war if perpetrated by any other country (basically stealing other nation's and people's money and assets abroad).

The hypocrisy is a bit too much.
edit on C1046f30America/ChicagoFriday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Okay, I asked because when it comes to bashing Obama you have no problem so I'm curious if you feel the same way about Bush because lets face it, the current problem in Iraq is a direct result of Bush & friends. Sure problems have been brewing in the ME since forever but to absolve Bush from any wrong doing is, well, ridiculous.

In this day and age, you seriously.... ACTUALLY.... REALLY.... think that whatever bobblehead gets to call himself president truly calls the shots???? hahaha

Do you think Britney spears writes her own music and does all the production/autotune work too ??? She shows up, stands for some pictures, squawks out some words and the real boss has people produce, photoshop, package, market, and sell it to the masses.

President of the US is no different. Do you remember what Doc Brown said in 'Back to the Future' ?

"No wonder your president is an actor, he needs to look good on television!"

These people are figureheads only.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Neither Bush or Obama have 'helped' things over there. 

Right but I really liked bush. Wish he was the president still.

He once said those terrorists never stop finding ways to harm our nation, and neither do we. Lol
m.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The middle east isnt bush's fault.

U.S. Involvement in the middle east is the fault of the elder bush, and helped right along by his kiddo and then Obama.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

No I don't think. You think I think that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Conflict in Iraq Follows Centuries of Shiite-Sunni Mistrust

FALSE.

Although the origins of the Sunni-Shiite split were violent, over the centuries Shiites and Sunnis lived peacefully together for long periods of time.

READ MORE

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

No I don't think. You think I think that.

You outright stated that the current problem in Iraq is a direct result of "Bush and friends".

It's not.

It's a result of the actions of whoever REALLY calls the shots, and it's the result of damn near a century of unjustified meddling in the Middle East by western powers.

Like I tried to explain. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Kennedy. They're all just figureheads. Especially since the advent of TV. It's all processed, produced and packaged for our consumption. Just like the Soylen.. I mean GMO stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The mess in the middle east is the fault of many administrations, governments and business practices overt a long period of time.

If one were to blame the Bush administration somehow, it could be blamed for exploiting what was done during the Clinton years.

If what I am referring to is misunderstood, I don't feel like explaining it right now....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So we have an American (you) telling us that Bush is innocent in all of what is happening now, have you ever asked an Iraqi this question? I have, my brother in-law moved here when the US started the illegal war in the first place, I asked him his views of Bush not too long ago and he says the man should be tried as a war criminal, that the state of turmoil that Iraq is in now is down to Bush's lies. My brother in-law tells me this with a very heavy heart too as his parents brothers and sisters are still there. I would be more inclined to believe him over yourself, you are a Bush supporter right?

edit on 21-6-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What I was referring to your example of the President being akin to Britney Spears. To me the President is nothing more than a puppet, a man for the people of the world to point fingers at. Meanwhile the brains behind all the decades of operations remain behind the scenes.

Either way, puppet or not, these men know what they're doing and are not free from blame, but to solely blame them and their administration is folly.

That said, Iraq's present state is a direct result of the 2003 US led invasion and topple of Saddam.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Bush is just one of many who have been meddling in the affairs of the Middle East for centuries. However, much of the trauma and dislocation of the Arab peoples in the 20th century can be attributed to events surrounding world one and there after.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's no president's fault because the president doesn't control anything. He's just the scapegoat. Someone to blame and someone to keep order. It's the illusion of control. The one's who control everything are the ones who benefit the most.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You are right that this conflict is ancient. But Bush/Cheney invading was uncessary, illegal, and stirred up a hornets nest.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fault finding in the Middle East?

Where to start? Where to start?

Mr. Obama? Naah...lots of problems existed before he was even born.

Mr. Bush (the shrub)? Naah... lots of problems existed before he was even born.

Mr. Clinton? Not him either.

Mr. Bush (the shrubs daddy)? Pre dated him, too.

Ah, hell, let's go back to George Washington... Huh...not him, either. Weird...

The Middle East has been a blood bath waiting to happen for thousands of years. ...and God knows there's been lots of blood spilled. Religion. Resources. Religion.

Now, have the actions of outsiders helped? No. No. ...and, No. Hell no, even.

To attempt to blame one individual for this generational morass is just plain idiotic.

Bush? Either of 'em... Hardly.

Obama? Please. The dude is helpless on matters involving anything outside of Chicago politics.

Clinton? Nope.

Reagan? Nope.

No one person, or even entire peoples, can lay claim to the "fault". It's much too large a problem for that.

Realize this, folks, the fault lies with anyone who has poked his/her nose into the business of the Middle East for what ever reason.

Religion. Resources. What the Hell ever.

We all share, to a greater or lesser extent, the blame. As do our parents. ...and theirs. ...and so on down through the centuries.

Instead of attempting to lay blame, why don't we attempt to come up with a solution? Won't that be different?

Or, just leave it alone, and the folks in the region will solve it one way or another themselves. Given the level of hatred? It'll all end in silence. The silence of the grave.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

30+ years of American intervention have demonstrably made the ME less prosperous, less stable and less democratic. Bush and Obama (both puppets to the Neoconservative mentality and powerbase) were / are simply the trailing end in a long line of failed foreign policy misadventures which include funding oppressive regimes and autocrats / dictators, and funding / training insurgents / terrorists.

Anyone with a working familiarity with history can clearly see the false dichotomy you present here for what it actually is: impotent evil and greed masquerading as virtue, patriotism and duty.

Good thread!
edit on 21-6-2014 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've always wondered why Bush has been the scapegoat for our ME issues so this is a good thread to read. Maybe he did use weapons of mass destruction as an excuse but I can also see how he thought Saddam's rhetoric was legit. Saddam was a brutal dictator, like that other kook up in the North (Korea). If I were in Bush's position I'm not sure my conscious would be silent knowing how he and his sons brutalized their citizens and neighboring Countries.

In the end a lot of our soldiers died to give these people a chance, so in hindsight none of it looks good but I can see how he might have been riled up to make such a call. His frame of reference was based on his fathers history and regrets, and those who whispered into his ear likely contributed just enough to create a justification for acting.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
This thread was created because quite a few people are going around 'blaming Bush' for the current crap in Iraq.

That's because its the truth.

When the Bush administration claimed Iraq had WMDs they intended to use on the USA and then we went to war those WMDs better well have damn been there. We even had Colin Powell show us and the United Nations fake satellite photos of Iraq's WMDs to try to get everyone on board the attack. The UN didn't buy it and neither did I.

Then Bush set Iraq on fire and let it burn to where it is today.

Believe what you want. I don't care. Conservatives are beyond being reasoned with.
edit on 28-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join