It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle East is 'Bush's' Fault !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
He had congressional approval, he echoed the previous administration, and yet how does he 'own' Iraq ?

The US isn't the world. That's why so many that knee jerked over 911 and went into Afghanistan didn't return for the second act....Iraq. Not understanding this?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yes and no, not completely anyway.

The Middle East has been under constant attack by the West for nearly a century.

After WW1 and 2, TPTB realized how important the ME really was primarily because they were sitting on the world's oil reserves.

Kuwait was to be ruled by puppets of the British royalty. Apparently Saudi royalty has ties to the West going back to the early part of the century.

And then of-course there were the constant false flags, overthrow of governments, installation of dictators, attacks, occupations, bombings, radicalization, creation of israel etc.

Overtly it began in 1953 with the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammed Mossadegh (Operation Ajax). His crime? He wanted to nationalize the nation's oil profits. In his place they installed the Shah, a dictator so brutal, that in 1979, 20% of the population marched on Tehran and overthrew their government, seizing the American embassy, ground zero for CIA operations.

Theres a whole history which is easily researched.

The funny thing is that had they been left alone, they probably would have gravitated towards openness and freedom. Apparently, Lebanon was a very modern world destination until destroyed by israel.

Not to mention the creation of Al-CIAeda originally radicalized and brainwashed to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

edit on 16-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Just what I wanted to post but you said it better.

So yeah, exactly.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The US isn't the world.

Tell that to the guys who do this:

directorblue.blogspot.com...

factreal.wordpress.com...

www.fas.org...

Why the knee jerk reaction ?

Because of stuff like this:

www.cbsnews.com...

For the past 40 years it has escalated.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its my opinion that the overthrow of Hussein served to destabilize the region. Hussein had a firm grip of power in the region and he did keep Iran in check through constant military confrontations.

I believe GW Bush had a vendetta against Hussein because of threats he made against the Bush family. Hussein made the error with his invasion of Kuwait, which was the tipping point. GW Bush used his power to circumvent that threat. Also, Cheney and company saw great profit in Bush's decision to invade.

I have to admit that Hussein was an evil guy and all but the cost of taking him out greatly out weighed his adverse behavior.
edit on 16-6-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I had a big post blowing your timeline out of the water but hey, screw it. I read my own siggy. All 3 parts of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Bush might not have created the Sunni-Shia split, but western politicians through the 20th and 21st century have done nothing at all to help things there - and Bush is a particularly egregious example of that.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The Middle East has been under constant attack by the West for nearly a century.

The west eh ?

How about Saudia Arabia, and Iran the homes of Sunni's and Shias ?

And then of-course there were the constant false flags, overthrow of governments, installation of dictators, attacks, occupations, bombings, radicalization, creation of israel etc.

Like Saudi's GIP and Irans MOIS have done in Syria, and Iraq, and Afghanistan ?

Overtly it began in 1953 with the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammed Mossadegh (Operation Ajax). His crime? He wanted to nationalize the nation's oil profits. In his place they installed the Shah, a dictator so brutal, that in 1979, 20% of the population marched on Tehran and overthrew their government, seizing the American embassy, ground zero for CIA operations.

That was because the UK and its BP 'British Petroleum' wanted this guys:

en.wikipedia.org...

The funny thing is that had they been left alone, they probably would have gravitated towards openness and freedom. A

The funny thing is 2000 years says how untrue that is.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I had a big post blowing your timeline out of the water but hey, screw it. I read my own siggy. All 3 parts of it.

Saying those events never happened ?

'W' just made it up?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrepid

Saying those events never happened ?

'W' just made it up?

No. I'm saying your inane arguments that have no relevance to the topic have worn me out. I'm listening to my siggy. First and last line.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sure it is, despite the fact that Obama has had six years in office. But you could say it is Great Britain's fault. They're the folks who divided up the land into fake countries, of which Iraq is one. Or you could say the USA is Lincoln's fault. He caused it by causing the greatest war that had ever been fought up until that time. Hell, if Roman Emperor Constantine had died at birth, we wouldn't have the Western World as we know it messing with everything, including the rise of Christianity, which was a cult before Constantine "elevated it," the fool.

Yup. I blame Constantine. He screwed up Big Time!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Constantine? That's what? 1700 years ago? He made Bush invade Afghanistan and Iraq? I didn't know that.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
to be fair if Eve hadn't bitten that damned apple none of this would have happened......

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
to be fair if Eve hadn't bitten that damned apple none of this would have happened......

Some say that Lilith was first.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yeah republicans suck ass, but the middle east has been the graveyard of empires since long before the republican party came along.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The Middle East.

Where Mubarak was ousted in Egypt by the Muslim Brotherhood, backed by the Obama Administration.

A huge stuff up...at least we are over that hump though, lol.

Where the US is backing rebels against Assad, ironically where ISIS began.

The USA is backing the moderate rebels such as the Free Syrian Army, not any of the extremist outfits. That said, i imagine it would be hard to vet every rebel coming in and out of the USA's Jordan training camps.....

Also, ISIS never began, or started, in Syria. ISIS was once originally called Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, and was established in 2003/2004 by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi for the purposes of opposing the coalition invasion of Iraq.

Following the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, JTJ developed into an expanding militant network for the purpose of resisting the coalition occupation forces and their Iraqi allies. It included some of the remnants of Ansar al-Islam and a growing number of foreign fighters. Many foreign fighters arriving in Iraq were inititally not associated with the group, but once they were in the country they became dependent on Zarqawi's local contacts.[78] In May 2004, JTJ joined forces with Salafiah al-Mujahidiah, an obscure Islamist militant group

Following the above, ISIS went through many name changes before landing on the Islamic State of Iraq, in 2006. It was only in 2013, when ISIS expanded into Syria, did it alter its name to be 'Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Where we are now talking with Iran to help fight against ISIS.

This is a good thing, in my opinion. Not only will it help in resolving the current crisis in Iraq, it may lead to further cooperation between the USA and Iran in the future.

Yet this is Bush's fault.

He is partially responsible, due to the fact that he led the charge into Iraq and overthrew Saddam Hussein (which in turn, destabilised Iraq and led to the current incompetent government).

The Middle-East may have always been an unstable region, but for people to blame the current crisis on ancient history is only overlooking the recent actions which have directly contributed to the tensions themselves.
edit on 16-6-2014 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It all boils down to,
would the world and humanity in general be better off if the entire middle-east including isreal were nuked off the map?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Just a quick question, are you a Bush supporter?
Neo96 missed the point

Two sides of the same coin

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
When it comes down to it, the Iraq invasion was based off a lie and anyone who denies that today's issues are not a result of that invasion are delusional. Prior to 2003, Iraq was not being overrun by extremists, though Saddam may of been a bad man/dictator, this crap certainly didn't take place under his rule. This is an issue that arose after he was toppled and therefore was an issue that arose after US and European intervention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join