It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Lanza's right back pocket was completely torn. He couldn't have carried 2 magazines in it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It is possible and more realistic to believe that he tore them when reaching for them considering that they are still loaded.

YES, BUT THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE FOUND THEM IN HIS POCKET! They found them, on his dead body, in his pocket. So you're talking nonsense, a situation that doesnt fit any of the evidence.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
I'd have to venture a guess that the police tore or cut it searching him.
Cops don't want to stick their hands into someone pocket during a search, especially if they don't know what is in it. That is why they glove up, and will ask if you have anything sharp on you before they search you. It just makes common sense in this case that they tear or cut the pocket to get to what is inside it, as they obviously couldn't ask him what it was. They have do idea if there is an uncapped syringe in there, a knife, who knows.

I don't buy that at all. They didn't tear any other pockets AND there are evidence handling procedures they must follow so they don't compromise or destroy it. There would be no need to tear so much of a small back pocket to empty it.

ALSO, it would take some real effort to tear a pocket like that without having what's inside come flying out. If anything, they would cut it open carefully.

The pocket is torn on a seam and frayed. A cut would not be frayed.

edit on 17-6-2014 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

It is possible and more realistic to believe that he tore them when reaching for them considering that they are still loaded.

YES, BUT THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE FOUND THEM IN HIS POCKET! They found them, on his dead body, in his pocket. So you're talking nonsense, a situation that doesnt fit any of the evidence.

Maybe he got his pocket caught on something when he was shooting up the school? It's a pocket and they tear pretty easy.

The only nonsense is you people believing that this is anything other then a kid who snapped, you guys act like this is new.

Watch the news people shoot people all the time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Correct! It's just not possible that those magazines were retrieved from that pocket. Occam's razor has demonstrated that well!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Maybe he got his pocket caught on something when he was shooting up the school? It's a pocket and they tear pretty easy.

The only nonsense is you people believing that this is anything other then a kid who snapped, you guys act like this is new.

AND, they would have fallen out when the pocket was caught and jerked hard enough to make a tear that long. The rest of your statement is not evidence of anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Manufacturer's description: " 65/35 poly/cotton ripstop construction for breathability and strength"

Tear easily? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

AND, they would have fallen out when the pocket was caught and jerked hard enough to make a tear that long. The rest of your statement is not evidence of anything.

So you are 100% certain that if a pocket rips that you automatically lose the contents in said pocket?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Manufacturer's description: " 65/35 poly/cotton ripstop construction for breathability and strength"

Does that include the stitching? Have you ever heard of things being defective?
Did he buy those pants from a second hand store? Did he buy them new?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Does that include the stitching? Have you ever heard of things being defective?
Did he buy those pants from a second hand store? Did he buy them new?

The fabric tore. The seam didn't fail. And the rest of the pants look to be in very good condition -- not faded, thin, or worn out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So you are 100% certain that if a pocket rips that you automatically lose the contents in said pocket?

The pocket is not very wide. Two full/weighty magazines upright in the pocket would require support on both sides to stand while the wearer was moving around/falling/or moving to a seated position. One side of the pocket is torn away. The force it would take to make that rip would cause them to jerk/wobble/move and without the one side to support them in an upright position, they would certainly fall out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Those are magazines.

www.minutemanreview.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Try this theory.

As his life was ending he fell over to his right side and on his way down his pocket catches something and tears his pocket on the left side.

Surely the contents would still be in his pocket.

You want to play detective then put on a old pair of pants similar to his and test the theory out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
Thanks for the tip, sputniksteve
I am gradually coming up to speed on a generic understanding of the difference between clips & magazines.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Or the weight of the magazines kept them in the pocket...
If they were situated to the right then it seems possible they stayed in there.

Another possibility, the evidence collection ccaused the rip. Maybe a magazine got caught when they were trying to remove it from the pocket.

Also person experience with magazines in torn pockets tells me it is possible. I know that mean nothing to you and it shouldn't really but thought I would add it.
Did an enlistment in the Marines, plenty of time spent with magazines in pockets and wore fatigues with torn pockets before. They did it to recreate a what if scenario

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Try this theory.

As his life was ending he fell over to his right side and on his way down his pocket catches something and tears his pocket on the left side.

Those physics don't make sense with the length of the tear.

If his body was traveling downward while falling, there would be no way that something fixed or traveling in an opposing direction could catch on the inside of the pocket and travel downward and deep enough to make it rip that much.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Did you test it out?

It's not impossible you are simply looking too deep into this.

I fall a lot and have torn my back pockets a couple of times and my wallet has never fallen out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Did you test it out?

It's not impossible you are simply looking too deep into this.

I fall a lot and have torn my back pockets a couple of times and my wallet has never fallen out.

Sure you have. *eyeroll*

And yes, I just ran a pair of cargo pants against a wall hook and some other items to see if it could catch the pocket and tear to a similar length. I turned the hook in several directions, too. It's not possible, The physics don't work for the reason I stated.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

look at the front of them.

what are you getting at?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
jesus christ, all this about a goddamn pocket...and it appears textiles, and basic tailoring are things that escape the majority of you.

ok, look, obviously, none of you own a pair of these pants, or anything like them....i do.

the pocket in question is not like a shirt pocket, or a cargo pocket, where it's just a piece of fabric, sewn onto the pants...it's a regular pocket, like you'd find on a pair of dockers....and then it has a flap over it.

if the ripstop is torn, that doesn't mean the pocket is no longer a pocket...it just means the ripstop is torn, and chances are, people can see your ass. god almighty.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or the weight of the magazines kept them in the pocket...
If they were situated to the right then it seems possible they stayed in there.

Another possibility, the evidence collection ccaused the rip. Maybe a magazine got caught when they were trying to remove it from the pocket.

Also person experience with magazines in torn pockets tells me it is possible. I know that mean nothing to you and it shouldn't really but thought I would add it.
Did an enlistment in the Marines, plenty of time spent with magazines in pockets and wore fatigues with torn pockets before. They did it to recreate a what if scenario

And so the investigator just kept ripping and ripping the pocket to free the contents? It's no small tear. An investigator would have stopped immediately if he/she started to tear evidence they are supposed to be preserving and handling cautiously. Besides, it makes no sense when you look at the intact pocket on the other side that allegedly held two exact same magazines. And it doesn't make sense why Adam Lanza would load the pockets so tight if it required huge tears to pull them out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join