It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British man diagnosed with stage 4 skin cancer after being told mole was nothing to worry about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I find this story appalling......... he should be suing the crap out of those drs....started with the reg doc, they don't remove moles anymore and sent him to the dermatologist...they didn't want to leave him with a scar.....said nothing was wrong....

www.nydailynews.com...

here is the gist of what happened : this poor man is only 30 years old and has a 5 year old son

Jordi Akhurst, 30, sought medical help after spotting the worrying blemish on his back – but was told there was nothing wrong.
Over the next six months it started to bleed and crack, but once more, a dermatologist told him it was benign.
His general practitioner finally agreed to remove the mole because he was so worried about it and sent off samples for routine analysis.
Within days Akhurst’s worst fears were confirmed when hospital staff broke the news that he had skin cancer.

they did multiple removals in the area where the mole was...but he has 10 tumors in his head plus tumors in his body he is stage 4

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-6-2014 by research100 because: word cut off in the thread title

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
But where did the tumors originate, in the skin or in other areas. It would have been nice if the doctor would have just removed it right away and the whole thing could have been taken care of when it was small. The thing is, the way they identify cancer isn't always right, A cancerous mole can look like a regular mole a very small percentage of the time. Being that the guy was concerned about it, it must have felt different otherwards he would have not gone to a doctor with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
skin cancer still being relatively new in medicine these kinda things happen more often than people realize....even here the skin cancer clinic is often wrong and remove moles unnecessarily or miss the cancer as seemingly happened in this story......not cool at all

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
probably should be cause i,ve heard it ever since that i should do the same.
i went to docs cause 1 of my testiculs as i can describe it felt like a peaches stone,when i went to doc she told me it was probably varicose veins and it was nothing to worry about.
as you can guess that was far from the truth and found out it was testicular cancer and by the time it was diagnosed it had spread to my lungs and spine.
thankfully the chemo worked and at this moment i am free from it but makes me think that if it had just been that one docs diagnosis then i wouldn,t even be here to post this.
the truth is from her feeling it till i went to hospital and another doc felt it i can honestly say it felt no different but he instantly said i,m sending you for a scan and looked at me if i was insane cause i said the doc told me varicose veins.
suppose what i,m saying is always get a second opinion cause you just never know.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
he should be suing the crap out of those drs....

Why? There are too many people suing others. There is no evidence of incompetence in this (one sided) US tabloid report.

Misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis is part of medicine in the sense that many things (apart from say a broken leg) are not immediately obvious.

REgards

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Removing suspicious type moles is very important. I need to get my sons one checked into. I had one removed as a child, around 11 or 12, on my shoulder and he dug it out very deep, it was like minor surgery. Apparently that one was considered pre cancerous.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But where did the tumors originate, in the skin or in other areas. It would have been nice if the doctor would have just removed it right away and the whole thing could have been taken care of when it was small. The thing is, the way they identify cancer isn't always right, A cancerous mole can look like a regular mole a very small percentage of the time. Being that the guy was concerned about it, it must have felt different otherwards he would have not gone to a doctor with it.

started in the mole because there is a few years gap (2007 to 2013) before it was found in his other organs (see below)

.......the mole was black cracked and bleeding and when he saw the dermatologist the 2nd time they STILL insisted nothing was wrong with the mole...after nine months he got it removed. was cancer had 3 surgeries in the back to remove as much as possible...

in 2013 he had new lumps positive melanoma, spread to the brain, heart, adrenal glands, lymph nodes
edit on 17-6-2014 by research100 because: added a date corrected spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

it was black cracked bleeding regularly to the point where he had to change his shirt ...it was still like that when he saw the dermatologist several months later and he STILL INSISTED nothing was wrong......the first time maybe...but, the 2nd time????

that dermo screwed up big time

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: research100
he should be suing the crap out of those drs....

Why? There are too many people suing others. There is no evidence of incompetence in this (one sided) US tabloid report.

Misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis is part of medicine in the sense that many things (apart from say a broken leg) are not immediately obvious.

REgards

Isn't that what a biopsy is for? Seems there was incompetence.

new topics

top topics

join