It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a great name!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Chairman Meow Meow.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Chairman Meow Meow.

Nostalgia time! A friend of mine once had a cat he called Chairman Meow.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
one of my rules for naming an animal is imagining myself outside at midnight calling that name.
Therefore I would probably never name my cat "Kitty kitty boom boom".

Saltini..the Great Saltini

hmm maybe that's bad too, lol

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's some names that are best used when you're in your house robe standing out in the front yard in your biggest, fluffiest slippers ….. and your cat is out there somewhere….. so you yell out over and over,

"Koo"

or

"Fire"

or

"Extra"

or

"Free"

or

"Peace"

ETA: Spacedoubt beat me to the scenario, oh well. But still soooo true.

edit on 17-6-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Bast, the Egyptian Cat Goddess, if it hasn't already been suggested.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How about "Ra"? The ancient male Egyptian solar deity. (I know it's a she, but a lot of feminine names end with an A.)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
1 syllable really makes it challenging. I was thinking Jinx. My son came up with Snow.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OK, Iwinder was reading over my shoulder and suggested:

Pounce
Imp
Scamp

What a lucky kitty she is, with so many surrogate Aunts and Uncles now...does ATS have a mascot?
And no I don't think "Bacon" is a good name for a cat. LOL

Keep those names a'coming.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Snow is on my list, jinx is not though, some of these names really make me chuckle, I do not want to name her after a male god, I wish to keep it all female names.

And she will be an inside kitty so there will be no yelling outside for her. LOL and anyone who has a cat should know that they do not come to you when you call their name.

Question: I have a 1 in a half year old male and I was wondering how long it might take him to get used to her being here? Anyone know?

No pictures of her today for she was spayed and then I brought her home for the first time so she had a really big day. I wanted her to rest.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

I don't know the current methods with all the dog whisperers and probably cat whisperers but I always followed the traditional method of putting the new kitten in a separate room for 2 or 3 days and let them get used to each other through and under the door. It wouldn't hurt to put any blanket or towel that she had been sleeping on out in the living room so that your grown cat can get used to the scent, maybe even rub the towel on the older cat. Even then, lots of referee time for awhile . . even when they're pawing each other under the door, the older cat can hurt her.

Snow is a cool name but darn, I really liked Jinx. Isn't that the name from the Meet the Fockers movie? Anyhow, Congrats, she's a beauty!

STM

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

That is a great idea but since she has been home she only sleeps when i have her cuddled in my arms. I will tomorrow try that though and see if it helps... Tonight when I go to bed she will be put in a cage with her litter box. I like snow as well. But not 100% sold on that name.... sooo... keep the names coming

Stari

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

Here's a few more suggestions:

Bless

Bliss

Sky

Thanks for the update, keep 'um coming please. Sweet dreams baby kitty

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Bast

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have sky on my list, and it seems like the people here are unanimous with the name Bast. I will have to move that one to the top of my list under snow. Keep them coming, some new ones would be great. Remember she is a girl

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
She looks like a cat I lost to feline hyperesthesia which eventually began triggering seizures (we had her put down after she chewed some of her own toes off). She was a very loving cat, I even loved her when she sent me to the hospital because she couldn't control her illness.

She was rescued from a Manx kitten mill (she was a breeder). We took her without question, determined to make her remaining years happy. She had 2 more very good years.

Her name was Isabell. To meet your single sylable request - we called her Izzy.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Mister Walls. Jeffrey Walls.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stutteringp0et

Her name was Isabell. To meet your single sylable request - we called her Izzy.
I'm so sorry, i can't stop giggling. I've spent three minutes trying to get "Izzy" to come out as one syllable.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
a reply to: seentoomuch

That is a great idea but since she has been home she only sleeps when i have her cuddled in my arms. I will tomorrow try that though and see if it helps... Tonight when I go to bed she will be put in a cage with her litter box. I like snow as well. But not 100% sold on that name.... sooo... keep the names coming

How about "LUCKY" or "LUCK" ?

* She was "LUCKY" you found her!
* You were "LUCKY" to get her!
Mutual good "LUCK" for you 'both'?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Might I suggest...Isis? Has an Egyptian theme and is timely (news-wise)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here are the 4 I liked the most from www.2000-names.com

1. ZAHRA, blooming, flourishing; or flower.
2. TENA, an lady of rank in the XIIth dynasty.
3. TALI, a priestess of Amen Ra.
4. KEMA, the mother and daughter of King Nofre-hotep.

Sal

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join