It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman's thoughts on interstellar travel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was reading the sticky where Mr Friedman answered questions. His response to interstellar travel was that alien craft use fusion of some sort. This doesn't make sense to me though because even with fusion it would take us over 7 years to reach our nearest star, Alpha Centauri. I'm basing this on a blog I read about fusion taking a quarter of the time compared to chemical propulsion systems (www.icarusinterstellar.org...). Even when we perfect fusion power it doesn't seem practical to use it for reaching far away stars, unless our lifespans extend to 10,000 years. I strongly believe that alien life visits us all the time, so it's hard to envisage they use fusion power at all, at least not for space travel. If they did they would be travelling for years just to see a primitive race, which doesn't make any sense at all. Would we travel for years to go watch monkeys or dolphins? Hell no.

My belief is that we need to somehow create a bubble for the ship in which it's outside space-time (commonly referred to as warp). Of course, I have no idea how to do that, but it would at least get rid of the light-speed barrier that does and will continue to impede us from ever reaching distant civilizations. For me fusion is not the answer to interstellar travel. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The answer to interstellar travel is not achieving lightspeed (Or faster than lightspeed, for that matter). The faster you travel, the faster you travel towards matter in front of you. Eventually, that matter would be akin to hitting a solid wall. That is not the answer. We would need to "jump" between two points in space by bending space-time or accessing/opening a wormhole.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dr. Harold White at NASA has been working on space warp experiments. He believes that it may be possible to create a space warp inside a ring with a high voltage electrical field. His results to date suggest the possibility that he has already managed to repeatedly create a small space warp. A second, independent experimenter has gotten somewhat similar results.
To confirm that this has actually happened, they intend to create a detector regime with less noise, so that the warp signature stands out better, if it is actually present. They also propose to begin oscillating the electrical field, at some point. This should make the process more efficient ( producing a more substantial warp field for a given amount of power used.)
edit on 16-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 16-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: removed superfluous word.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe there are ways of travel we cannot imagine, done with processes we know nothing of coming from planets and places we've not discovered yet, and using material that cant be made anywhere else except on those planets, with as unknow fathomed materials.

That would make the most sense. We need to quit thinking like Earthlings in the crib, and stopping thinking about rockets, propulsion, arms, legs and eyes.

I beleive the truth to the alien question and intersteller travel is beyond what we keep thinking it is and they are...because we havent learned it yet.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

No doubt they are exploring the Mexican physicist's theoretical drive...The Alcubierre Drive.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I agree completely with this. It just confused me a bit because Stanton Friedman seems like a credible source. Yet fusion can't be the solution to interstellar travel as he suggested. I just wish the aliens would show us how to do it. I bet there are plenty of advanced civilizations that got a helping hand from time to time!
edit on 16-6-2014 by Sharted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
Dr. Harold White at NASA has been working on space warp experiments. He believes that it may be possible to create a space warp inside a ring with a high voltage electrical field. His results to date suggest the possibility that he has already managed to repeatedly create a small space warp. A second, independent experimenter has gotten somewhat similar results.
To confirm that this has actually happened, they intend to create a detector regime with less noise, so that the warp signature stands out better, if it is actually present. They also propose to begin oscillating the electrical field, at some point. This should make the process more efficient ( producing a more substantial warp field for a given amount of power used.)

And once he gets it working, the Vulcans show up, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54

I think the internet is the greatest tool for enhancing our understanding of everything exponentially. The 20th century saw some nice inventions, but the 21st is likely to see a thousand times more. Hopefully they do master warp in my lifetime, I would cream myself.

Thanks for mentioning Harold White, never heard of him before but going to check it out.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
a reply to: Ross 54

No doubt they are exploring the Mexican physicist's theoretical drive...The Alcubierre Drive.

Only cost $20 too

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
a reply to: mysterioustranger

... I just wish the aliens would show us how to do it. I bet there are plenty of advanced civilizations that got a helping hand from time to time!

WOW,not to sound negative but having just watched the news...war here, decapitations, amputations, destruction and death there... I have to wonder what kind of intelligent alien species would enable us to "get out there and meet the neighbours". I'm pretty sure they should be absolutely prohibited from doing so.
As for the possibilities related to propulsion, perhaps the idea of warp drive, or as I prefer to think of it, wedgying the underpants of space and riding along on the elastic waist band as it retracts, is my favourite possibility.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

Hynek suggested that they travel here via the astral plane.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Tesla: "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

Bashar about his ships:

"That is why we travel as we do. Because the idea is simply that we do not think of spacecraft of any
physical object as something that exists within space and time, but we consider space/time to be
properties of the object itself. Thus, when we change the particular space/time co-ordinate property,
vibrational signature property, of any object and replace it with another vibration, then by definition the
object must cease to exist at its former location and take up residence at the second one, no matter how
far apart in space or time that is.
Q: Without traveling in between? Just automatically?
B: Correct. Yes.
Now understand, this is what you are doing anyway, even when you move through a room. For every
moment is its own unique moment and is not connected to the next moment until you form a continuum
in your mentality. So you are constantly redefining the property of space and time for yourself, so that
you create the illusion off motion. Nothing really goes anywhere. (AUD: laughs) It is all right here. You
follow me?
Q: Yeah. So that means I could stop creating that. . .
B: Continuum.
Q: Yeah.
B: Yes. You can. (AUD: laughs) Does that excite you?
Q: I guess.
B: Thank you. Then you may find yourself creating less time, which will seem like an acceleration to
you. But that is what you are literally doing when you are accelerating. Living in the now creates less
time, so things seem to be sped up. Thank you.
Q: Thank you very much.

From another Session

"Understand, however, that within terms of what you would call it to be our space technology, we utilize
quite a different form of the understanding of the universe, as you understand it. Within its own flow of
momentum, within its own sense of formation within the idea of the viewpoint of the holographic, as
you would say, version – or perspective of the universe as you know it.
Therefore, there will be, as within the usage of your rocketry with respect to gravity, not so much the
use of the action/reaction principle, but simply the idea of the transformation or identification principle
with regard to the (–?) property inhabiting and forming the idea of an object; and that object’s existence
within any space or location within the universe at any particular point within that universe. Are you
following me?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just as I believe there is a wide variety of alien life out there, some more advanced than others, fusion drive may be used by some of the aliens, and there is most likely way more exotic forms of propulsion being used by others, possibly even some we haven't even thought of, or mentioned. I also think its likely there is something like wormholes out there which are used to vastly shorten travel time and distance....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its strange that even respected scientists think that advanced beings have the same terminology of "space" and "time"...

At the same time they are beginning to understand that maybe its all about "quantum states"....

But it will take some time until we make a real paradigm shift...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Its quite clear to me that we need a giant drug addicted slug thing that vomits out our destination right in front of us

edit on 16-6-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of warp drive...nor travel in the astral plane either. Any alien starship that has visited our planet in the past or near future --- would have to be capable of faster than light speeds while in the superluminal realm --- with the production of fusion plasma being a necessity for the photon propulsion unit on the starship; in places that lack starlight photons.

If case you're interested...check out my recent posts over at ATS's Science & Technology forum: With Lacanau's thread --- "A Call For Help With Propulsion Research/Experimentation."

edit on 16-6-2014 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 16-6-2014 by Erno86 because: typo error

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant

Hynek suggested that they travel here via the astral plane.

Hello, do you have a link or citation?

Not because I am skeptical, rather because I think it's actually plausible once a civilization mastered space/time...the rest is only semantics. Eg. "dimensions", "planes", "realities" even. Otherwise I agree with OP, "they" do not use any conventional drive of any sorts, "fusion" is still just thinking within our science's limitations.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I dont think they will show us anything, they wont experiment on us, wont hybrid us, wont save us, wont eat us...or anything else.

They are here, have been here and we pay no attention. We seem to be hell-bent on destroying everything without any help. A species like us who would do that? Well...they are gonna let us.

We dont deserve any help. And I dont think they will. They'll just wait till we do ourselves in. Change has to be realized and needed by us 1st. And we dont want to.....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

On the original post you closed by saying:

"My belief is that we need to somehow create a bubble for the ship in which it's outside space-time (commonly referred to as warp). Of course, I have no idea how to do that, but it would at least get rid of the light-speed barrier that does and will continue to impede us from ever reaching distant civilizations. For me fusion is not the answer to interstellar travel. Anyone else have thoughts on this?"

The required solution is quite simple to imagine but for some reason never, never get mentioned despite a great deal of evidence for it. As I repeatedly express on ATS, the desired system of locomotion whether within an atmosphere, under water or in deep space is to generate a field around the ship to make it without mass--which is not not the same as anti-gravity. That system bypasses every law that Einsteinian physics would have us accepted. Eliminate the factor of mass from calculations for high-velocity space travel, and you must rethink every argument made against concepts of how impossible it is for alien to visit us from away and for us to ever visit them.

The evidence that such devices already exist are evident in about every typical UFO and triangle report that finds its way into the news and onto ATS. And yet, many people fail to make that simple, basic connection that that is the way such craft operate and thus, it is not theory, but the principle in action.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Based on my own foofighter sighting in 1976 --- and other peoples sighting's of fiery foo balls as well ---- has made me come to the conclusion: That the otherworlders who have occasionally visited our planet, have shown us earthlings that magnetically confined fusion plasma is a distinct and real possibility for highly intelligent entities like themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join