It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS ISIS ISIS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Don't know: has someone posted the link to Googles Trend-O-Meter for Isis Syria?

It's interesting, huh?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: teslarocks

What struck me about this group is that the acronym happens to be the name of an old "god". I found that quite interesting, personally. As in, perhaps they follow the same false thing with a different label, and that thing asserted itself in their chosen name.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Why have they chosen the name ISIS , is it in relation to the god on some weird ideological way or is it just a straight up media Abbreviation which we should all fear now ?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
They say that they come from Syria and we sent arms and trained some of those groups, my question would be did we arm these guys, did we finance them i.e where they got those trucks from. I do agree before a few eeks ago ive never even heard of this groups before its as if they justy sprang up outa the ground as a full armed fully trained fanatical pseudo army.terror group. I also so agrre, when they wre moving from town to town taking the away form the iraq goverment, why didnt they blow the # out of them. my spelling sucks deazl with it

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ISIS / ISIL had been in the news for almost two years. Or at least alternative news coming from daily reports from the battlefield in Syria. In the mainstream media, they have been part of the generic "non-moderate" "rebels".

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ISIS have said they do not recognise The Sykes-Picot borders. It was the Sykes-Picot agreement that split up the old Ottoman Empire that was under Turkish control. So ask yourselves who is really behind ISIS and their desire for an Islamic caliphate. There is an Sunni Shiite war being fought by proxy take a look at who is taking what sides, Iran stepping in to help Iraq? Sunni Saudi Arabia supposedly financing ISIS? And Sunni Turkey staying in the background and not saying a lot while World War III is brewing on its door step? Who knows I could well be wrong but it looks like we may well be witnessing the rebirth of the Old Ottoman Caliphate and Turkey has big plans, take a look at who they want to give passports to and the real reason the European union is reluctant to grant them entry.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

If ISIS shows up in the conspiracy/illuminati cards, then we'll know the universe is trying to tell us something.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Thanks! Yeah, I've heard of them on Archer that's where...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Isis is also SISI backwards....So they could be a bunch of Sisi's.

I love that the Religion of Peace once again shows it isnt - wonder how many UK politicians will still find excuses to appease the Islamics dislike of multiculturalism in multicultural Britain because it insults them...Chods.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

I don't think anyone is saying that they, ISIS/ Syrian/ Iraqi rebels, have been directly "created" by the CIA. However, there is a strong likely hood that the CIA funded/ supplied them in Syria. Just do a simple search in Google for "US sends funds to Syrian Rebels". It wasn't all that long ago that Reuters, CNN, J-Post, etc. all confirm/ elude to this. Clearly the US had some control over where this funding ended up. Or they chose to have little to no control. Which is extremely irresponsible of them.

I see this as the typical US foreign policy at work. It honestly all seems very reminiscent of the end of the Viet-Nam war in '75 in regards to a total failure in withdrawal, causing mass panic and evacuation as the NVA swooped into Saigon. However, yes, it is significantly different at the same time. Where it would be hard to say that the US was funding and supplying the NVA. In Iraq, it's hard to say the US ISN'T arming and supplying the rebels/ISIS. Again, perhaps not directly, but with the CIA, who knows these days. They did create Al-Qaeda through the funding / supplying of the mujaheddin during the Russian-Afghan war. They even made sure to supply them with Russian made weapons so not to draw any attention to the fact that the US was indeed helping out.

At the end of the day, it is NOT surprising that things have developed the way they have in regards to "blowback", which everyone was lightly touching on here and there over the past decade. Surprise surprise...here is the "blowback".

Blowback (intelligence) - Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This article is a good breakdown of the history of the ISIS/Iraq situation at present and the threat it poses.

www.peakprosperity.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I saw a clip on CBC last night promoting ISIS. That is right, PROMOTING them. They had a cool video that showed people kneeling with hands tied behind their back, then cut to another scene with them all taking a nap, head down with their hands under their face (you know the dead hate a dirty face). All the camera angles were low on the actors (oops I meant terrorists) to make them look large and cool.

These guys are not fake, but I don't believe they are as bad as our media is making them out to be. Again, it reminded me of the Libyan rebels firing their guns in the air at plane you can't see or hear and nobody looking for cover. As well as the Ukraine freedom fighters in brand new matching gear and kkk masks that you couldn't possibly engage in a gun fight since the vision must be horrible.

These guys are complete BS although I am sure there is plenty of western media that PROVES these guys are ruthless terrorists that were too bad for even AQ.

Poor guys, they just wanted to be on MTV, now they are global enemy #!

edit on 17-6-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

a new threat to my freedom

This quote has always puzzled me...
Its usually said by Americans, i dont know what country you live in OP.
But how exactly is this gang of murderers a threat to your freedom?

Yep, you guessed it. I live in the United States. That statement "threat to freedom" is spoon fed by the media all the time, so my remark was sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Whether you call them ISIS, ISIL, former Al Queda, etc., the bottom line is that while organized, they are still made up of a hodepodge of Islamic fundamentalists that all fight for different reasons.

Some are fighting out of religious beliefs and the desire to see a strict Muslim state where Iraq and Syria are now.
Some are former terrorists who first joined during the earlier conflicts in Iraq and Syria.
Still others are former Iraqi military leaders, who found themselves out of a job (and unwanted in the new military) after the fall of Saddam. These folks are most likely the ones most responsible for the recent surge. Inevitable really...what the hell else were they going to do for a living?

As for equipment and funding, a lot is the damn stuff we sold/gave to the new Iraqi government...that when facing ISIS, dropped it and ran for the hills (they (new Iraqi military) are by and large, a pretty cowardly people...but who can really blame them, when you go from farming goats to seeing your first tank...). Still other funding comes from seizing equipment, antiquities, and monies in the territory they've taken over (especially the bank in Mosul).

New label on an existing and prevailing threat....

Worse, can't even use our normal air war tactics, as these guys are too inter-dispersed in the populace to target in such a way. All we can really hope to do is knock out their C&C and eliminate their ability to wage coordinated war, but even that will simply result in an ongoing Guerrilla war. (which, to be honest, was probably the whole goal all along, to keep the military industrial complex running, and keep us involved there indefinitely).

But how exactly is this gang of murderers a threat to your freedom?

A fair question. By creating instability in the region, it's not a threat to your freedom, but is a threat to your wallet. Specifically, what you pay at the pump, and in the volatility of the market that you either invest in/and or work for.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Thats who

Actually when i first heard ISIS on the TV show Archer i assumed a made up alphabet agency for TV. Now i find out they exist, but i have no idea if its a super secret spy agency in real life or not.

That's exactly what I thought, too, and it kind of bummed me out. Not to mention, Isis (the goddess) is actually very important to me in my works (imagine if a Christian suddenly heard there was a new terrorist organization that went by the name of "JESUS" or "MOSES").

In any case, if life truly imitates art, we need to create a counter-coalition called ODIN, create our own Bionic Barry, then curry the favor of the KGB. Then we'll have these ISIS punks stopped in no time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I never heard of them before this. It's just a new boogeyman that is going to be used for the American gov to fight for "democracy and freedom"!!!! Guys in Toyota trucks are a danger to Americans and national security!!! I'm just waiting to see hoe ISIS and Iraq will open the door to Syria and Iran.....Where's Israel in all of this?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrokit's not a threat to your freedom, but is a threat to your wallet. Specifically, what you pay at the pump, and in the volatility of the market that you either invest in/and or work for.

I thought that the Wall Street speculators were responsible for high prices at the pump? America gets most of it's oil from Canada and Mexico, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, I have heard of them prior to last week. Here are some articles from last year. The Islamic State of Iraq has been around for quite sometime, but usually for simplicity was just called part of Al Queda in Iraq. Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi became a leader when al-Zarqawi was killed, and decided his group would merge with a different terrorist group in 2013 and so the ISIS was formed, without that groups permission. So really the ISIS is a new group as of last year.

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

www.nybooks.com...

I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's the " ISIS Crisis "

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The name ISIS is the english acronym we use, not the old gods illuminati mason rockefeller bilderberg rothschild bush conspiracy idiocy. You people are trying way too hard to push the same NWO bullcrap where it doesn't fit.It makes you arrogant,ignorant and extremely hard to take seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join