It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government arresting people for anti Obama facebook post.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Ah, its just more he said, she said bull#. Really none of it matters, not because they would not do that of they could. But because the government cant even hold together a website after they sunk millions and millions of dollars generally they would have to contract out to do even that, and there are plenty of 16 year olds who could build a website that would do it for them. But there not going to because they cant, much less go after hundreds of thousands or possibly millions of people who made a bad comment on a site about the government or Obama, they could find scapegoats to keep the rest in line, and that is about the only thing they can do. Obama, Bush, whatever, all just different talking heads of the same hand. They got so many hands up there wazzo to keep pleased that they got to pander to every one of them including the so called people and there constituents, but that is there job, and there primary customer who pays there bills and makes them the $$ are there constituents, because its not the people who keeps them in power or put them there. There just the ones they got to sort of half ass pander to.

But in all there are plenty of more real fears out there that the government is planing on doing. For instance some hours ago I just seen on the news how lawmakers are trying to find and implement plans over the next few years were you would be charged for driving on the roads. Yes the same roads which have been paid over by the tax payers a thousand times over and have been driving on they want you all to start paying to drive on. Its most likely a money making scheme, after all officials and this whole crony system do not make enough $$ to keep up with those taxes on there mansions. And most people do not know how road building operates so they will get away with it. Its simple really the get tax money, they contract out labor to build the roads, and everybody keeps a part of that projected money they would get from taxes. And once the roads are built there is only maintenance on them, and that only happens once every few years or few generations depending if they did it right in the first place. But the whole thing is such a money maker, that you got officials pocketing vast sums of money, and I even seen and known people in construction who have confess that sometimes they just go out there tear up a section of highway just to build it up again and get the hours. It even happens in the military some have said, which is why there are cuts in that department.

There are plenty of serious things and even much more violent websites out there, and plenty of more people posting more serious things then dissing on Obama or any president that this whole thing is just silly waste of time rhetoric. And keeping a tab on grievous waste of taxpayers money, and over the top cronyism is pretty much a full time job for any citizen in any society. In America and most other states its mostly looked past over more silly ineffectual crimes. And there seems to be an anti Obama movement these days, which is cool and all people need a good show and what else are they good for if not for that. But really when it comes to the next elections its not about who would be best for the job, its about which one would do the least damage. You all ain't exactly top choices here, and if they were an extremely smart individual and could actually make any real change in the machine, well you got many vested interests who are riding the gravy train and would not want that change, and so they would be kept far far away from it. In fact the whole system is set up so that does not happen.

And so ya, that is your choice. To chose the lesser of two evils, or the one who would cause the least damage. Basically the best of the worst is your choices.
But like I said far bigger issues out there then this right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Welcome to North Korea.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Their keystone example is Brandon Raub...Who was visited by mental health intervention team, deemed dangerous and brought in for evaluation and eventually released.

He posted pictures of himself with guns...

He also said he was the leader of a revolution...he was going to severe heads...his facebook posts went on and on about how he was going to kill government officials..

He also owned guns....

When they went to talk to him he doubled down on his views and violent threats...

So they held him, assessed him and eventually released him...

This guy is not a conspiracy enthusiast...he is a nut-case...indisputable...and relentlessly posted delusional nonsense which had him cast as a violent leader of a revolution.

Of course he was visited...it wasn't Anti-Obama...he believes Pres. GWWB is raping children in a secret castle in Colorado...and talked about how he was going to do something about it...

C'mon folks...common sense matters.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I just shared on FB and talked some smack about Obama. Now what?

1st Amendment!!!

No suits have been knocking on my door or tracking me.

It appears the 1st Amendment is still intact. The Bill of Rights are always being threatened..........

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

it's also worth noting that these homeland security operations are a form of backdoor gun control..

target vets, get them arrested, commit them, and now they can't own a gun...once you finish with the vets(or maybe even before), you start targeting non-military personnel...anyone who might disagree with the government, or want to resist it...you get them arrested, commit them, and now they can't own a gun...

so now you've mostly eliminated your "enemy", without having to kill (too many of) them...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

The conservative strategy? Damn, I guess there are an awful lot of conservatives in the democratic party then lol......

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

it's also worth noting that these homeland security operations are a form of backdoor gun control..

That's right ...they r commin fer yer guns!!!

The US population is 314 Million
The number of privately held guns in the USA is abt. 310 Million

We have the most thoroughly armed citizenry on the globe.

Enough with the fear mongering. It's like the NRA has a secret formula for rotting brains.

edit on 19-6-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

would it surprise you to learn that i am not a member of the NRA, and actually am not interested in being a member, or reading any of their materials?

would it surprise you to learn that i can actually think for myself, and that my assessment is based on reality, and not partisan talking points?

it's not fear mongering, it's a statement based on facts...the system described in my post is a way to bypass constitutional protections.

why do you feel the need to imply that i am some kind of ignorant caricature, because i make an observation, that doesn't fit in your worldview?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Glad to hear you are an independent thinker and my honest apologies for casting you as an ignorant caricature.

That said..

Homeland security is many things with many flaws, but they are not pursuing a secret agenda to take away guns from citizens.

Whilst the vast majority of gun owners are rational people making fair use of their second amendment rights, some are simply indisputable nut jobs and gun down children and innocent people en masse. Having someone do a sanity check on someone like this example in the OP...who was posting all kinds of delusional violent fantasies on FB alongside of pics of himself with guns...is not some secret plan to disarm Americans...And NOT Homeland Security...it is local agencies checking to make sure this wacko who thinks Pres. Bush rapes and murders children...doesn't show up at the local school or mall fully armed and drooling.

Just think facts are important here and I don't see any facts supporting your claim.

edit on 19-6-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If he's proved right, does that make you a huge raging f-tard? That's not meant as an insult so don't take it as such. Your leap to judgement on this guy because of what he's said speaks volumes for how easily people are to manipulate.

I don't know him. He could be crazy. He could also be right. If WE have learned anything over the last 14-ish years it should be to expect the unexpected. British celebrities, aristocrats, and royals have been alleged to be involved in child sex ring/scandals. Why do you think American aristocratic families would be immune to such things?

He's smart enough to realize that 9/11 was most likely an inside job. He realizes our government is corrupt and isn't limiting the corruption to Obama.

According to other articles The Rutherford Institute attorney, John Whitehead, said "The posts I read that supposedly were of concern were libertarian-type posts I see all the time."

I think the large concern was that Raub is also doing something most Americans aren't - he appears to be wanting to DO something about the corruption and malfeasance in our Corptocracy. While the majority of us sit and watch on the internet (like I'm doing now).

I have no desire to attack Raub's sanity or character, I don't know him. He's vocal with a splash of "action" and that scares TPTB. You should research John Trudell and see what happen to people that are vocal.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The US population is 314 Million
The number of privately held guns in the USA is abt. 310 Million

Only 1/3 of America has those guns, so it is not all of them..

Analysis: Fewer U.S. gun owners own more guns

The Violence Policy Center's analysis of the General Social Survey data also found that part of the reason the gun owning population is declining is because those weapons are largely owned by white males, a group whose population is aging. One in 10 women own a gun, the General Social Survey found.

"There is a myth pushed by the gun industry, the NRA and the trade associations for gun makers that gun ownership is up," he said. "[That] there are more gun owners, when the opposite is true, gun ownership is declining." The NRA did not respond to repeated requests from CNN for comment.

A minority of Americans own guns, but just how many is unclearA minority of Americans own guns, but just how many is unclear

There are by various estimates anywhere from 270 million to 310 million guns in the United States — close to one firearm for every man, woman and child. But in point of fact, only a minority of Americans own guns.

37% More than a third of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes... let us all give this guy stars and start "hating" because we trust the source that just happens to end with an ad for an Anti-Obama "T-SHIRT OF THE YEAR"...

(Image Source = Screenshot of OP Source @ www.politicalears.com)
*facepalm

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteriousHusky
That tshirt is old as hell, I remember seeing that back in the day, two years into jerface's first presidency term.

edit on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:54:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

One guy? The web site is selling gift certificates. Don't forget that many of these whack jobs are responsible for mass shootings and they should be ferreted out before they kill again.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrulsorry OP but you're link that you are referring to is complete and utter propaganda.

Of course it's propaganda. It's from RT. Does everyone forget what the R in RT stand for? I can't believe that there are American talking heads that would actually work for them.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

well, there are certain conditions that must be satisfied, if you are to be targeted....

are you a veteran? if so, are you a veteran of this latest romp in the middle east? are you critical of the obama administration? if so are you intensely passionate, vocal, and unrelenting in your criticism, or are you just a casual "this guy sucks" kinda guy?

these things matter....they wanna go after the loudest ones first...don't worry, they'll get to you, and me, and everyone else who's critical of the federal government, eventually...

this isn't just an obama thing...this is a generational, continuity of agenda....doesn't matter what puppet is in office, the people pulling the strings don't change...obama is just another in a long line of faces put on the whole works.....a face put there for us to blame, and hate...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck
One guy?

que?

The web site is selling gift certificates.

...just like ATS has ads....because, ya'know.....god forbid they generate revenue, to remain operational.... -rolleyes-

Don't forget that many of these whack jobs are responsible for mass shootings and they should be ferreted out before they kill again.

wow, how can you publish such utter garbage, and still consider yourself an honest, decent, or even sane person?

name me one veteran who has carried out one of these "mass shootings"...just one...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

ok, so just because the agency is based in a country you don't happen to like, this means that EVERYTHING they say is untrue?

after having it pointed out, you do realize how ignorant a position that is to have, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

If he's proved right, does that make you a huge raging f-tard? That's not meant as an insult so don't take it as such.

Sure...If it is proven the Bush family has a secret castle in Colorado where they masterminded 9-11 in-between raping and murdering children to sacrifice to their demon god...I will admit I am wrong.

In the meanwhile I will conclude this kid is batsh&^ crazy and when he posts pics of himself with guns and screaming about he is going to do something about it...He deserves a sanity check by the local healthcare workers with cops in tow.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck
One guy?

que?

The web site is selling gift certificates.

...just like ATS has ads....because, ya'know.....god forbid they generate revenue, to remain operational.... -rolleyes-

Don't forget that many of these whack jobs are responsible for mass shootings and they should be ferreted out before they kill again.

wow, how can you publish such utter garbage, and still consider yourself an honest, decent, or even sane person?

name me one veteran who has carried out one of these "mass shootings"...just one...

Wade Michael Page
Howard Unruh
Timothy Mc Veigh

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join