It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello world of ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hello,
I was introduced to this site by my Mum as she has used it for years now, we always speak about the world and issues which are hidden from us and she gives me a lot of information from this site and I have decided it's about time I take a look for myself. I am very interested in the way of the world and how we are supposed to act and believe what we are told. I'm tired of people being unable to question what is going on around them and their lack of interest in the nature of the world we live in.
I am interested in politics, history, spirituality, social science the universe and exopolitics.
I'm very open-minded and willing to listen and consider many ideas. I don't believe that there is one definitive idea or interpretation of the world or how it started or anything in that respect, but I do listen and consider what I deem possible. I guess I have always been like this as I have had an honest upbringing. The high school I used to go to did not care for religion or beliefs much so, they simply believed nothing. In my nature I want to ask questions if I do not know so, I go to my parents and the internet. Don't worry, I'm not one to believe everything I'm told; I don't think that I have a real perspective of the world just yet, there's too many possibilities and no way of finding a true 'answer'.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NoControl

Welcome to the fold my friend, your mum sounds like a class act judging by your interests and conversation topics.

May your stay be frustrating and rewarding at the same time

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Welcome

I'm glad you joined and I sure hope you enjoy your stay

-nat

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Thank you! and she really is! So glad that other people think in the same way that I do

I think i'll be very happy here

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Thank you so much! Im enjoying it already!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hi there 'NoControl' interesting name you have chosen.

Where do you hark from?

I'm sure you will fit in very well here

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Threegirls

Hey there! Thanks, you too
Is there a reason behind yours?
Im sure I will!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi Nocontrol. Welcome. I'm a noob here myself. I am still wandering around a bit bedazzled and bemused but with your open minded and thoughtful search for ideas and answers I have no doubt that you have come to the right place.

Cheers.
Mura

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Indeed NoControl.

I am divergent.

Just Kidding, my name is completely unimaginative.
That's why I chose a wild avatar which represents how I see myself.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Helloo and I know, its a little complicated isn't it? Feel like an elderly person on Facebook for the first time:') I didn't think that there would be so many people who think about and talk about the same things as I do. Thank you!

-Sophie

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Indeed!
I doubt that, I bet these 3 girls have been truly influential in your life! Everyone is wild at heart, its up to you how you express it

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Influential? Yes, I'd say so:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The 'Threegirls' are the embodiment of this lesson from Corinthians in my life and I am the daily student.

I do not subscribe to a particular religion but I take lessons in life from many sources. That's enough about me, this is your introduction!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wow, it is clear that you are very knowledgeable and I am delighted that you are interested in my first thread and introduction to myself on this site.
I love that you can show this and do not seem condescending and more of a comforting nature! Much like the other users on here.
Thank you for taking an interest and I love the meaning behind your name.
Mine is a statement of the role that I have in daily life, I am only young and when I look at the world and the way that it works with the working families being modern day slaves to the system, I have 'NoControl'.
My life is already planned for my in that I will go to College, get a job and work till I am old. We do not have a large amount of freedom in the world we live in and hopefully, in the future..
we will gain some control

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You seem wise beyond your years.

The world must seem a foreboding place to young ones now. That's a shame.

There is one thing you can always control though, that is your actions and reactions to the world. You may not be able to control how you feel about the world though, that takes time.

Anyway, enjoy your journey.

new topics

top topics

join