It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

that's the ankh laying on the ground there. eternal life. a symbol of love and healing and ever lasting life, used for the exact opposite. why anyone would use a symbol for eternal life, to kill people, is beyond me. but the good news is, it actually ended up being just that.

edit on 17-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't believe there are any facts or testimony that would be likely to influence your perspective short of an intense and profound miracle in your own lap.

Thankfully, many of us have a RELATIONSHIP with God that supersedes biased opinions. In due course, all will be known.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

You can call within 20 years or so decades if you wish.

You are the one betting your soul on your biased opinions.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

The current Heaven and earth will pass away . . . His Word will remain . . . true and effective.

He noted therein that even though man made his nest among the stars, yet God would bring him down.

Arrogance has never had a bright future.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

That perspective discounts God's interest and capacity to watch over His Word.

The RCC did dastardly things. The RCC was not and is not bigger than Almighty God.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

NOPE.

God has proven the same yesterday, today and will forever.

I've found Him, in His relationship with me to be essentially the same as depicted in the Historical Record.

Those with an EXPERIENCE need never be or feel victimized by silly mere opinions.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I've found Him, in His relationship with me to be essentially the same as depicted in the Historical Record.

You mean you read a book and played theologian?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I note your assaultive insult.

Conclude whatever you will.

I have no delusions that I can facilitate any enlightenment in your perspective whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but sifting through your rhetoric to find anything of substance.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

There are accounts of Jesus being a real person in other places outside of anything Christian. He definitely existed. I have a hard time believing that invisibility is possible, but it is. I have a hard time believing that warp speed space travel is theoretically possible, but it is. These things are only relevant because before our understanding grew, they would have been considered equally impossible.

What if our understanding of reality is still in its infancy? What if the world is like a computer program? The coding establishes certain "laws", but those "laws" don't apply if you know how to rewrite the codes.

All I'm saying is that the human mind is too feeble to rule out much of anything. There's too much we don't/can't know. So, again, at the end of the day all bets are off. It all boils down to faith.

Existed and was the water walking son of a diety are 2 vastly different things.......

One reference was just of one line referring to the "cristos" in the diaries of the emperor.

The other was a historian whose other "histories were full of sirens and minitor's and roman deities. So not very credible. You would think more then just those 2 sources would have noticed.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You mean you read a book and played theologian?

Don't forget he got the warm and fuzzy's. The main evidence for any deity.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Thanks for your assaultive insult.

Impressive.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

That's some interesting what-ifs. Just show me the evidence and I'll be willing to believe. You are right, any number of things could be really happening. I'm an agnostic, so it's my default belief. But until you show me the evidence then it is all conjecture and not worth entertaining as a real possibility.

By the way, I'm aware of the 2 or so sources that Christians claim are evidence of jesus outside the bible and they leave much to be desired. Even if they talk about a real man named Christ, they certainly don't corroborate all the wild claims that are in the bible.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I don't believe there are any facts or testimony that would be likely to influence your perspective short of an intense and profound miracle in your own lap.

Thankfully, many of us have a RELATIONSHIP with God that supersedes biased opinions. In due course, all will be known.

Nah we don't have to get that crazy. Just the evidence that a miracle occurred would be enough. And by that I mean PHYSICAL evidence that the laws of physics were violated and something profound happened at that location. So far every instance of religions speaking about miracles is later shown to just be common acts of the universe that happen on a regular basis. We just weren't advanced enough scientifically to explain them yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

jesus was cleopatra's son. there's your evidence

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

It isn't easier to "just believe". If it were easier to "just believe", I wouldn't be a bible believing Christian. It's actually difficult at times to keep faith.

Nearly everything I hear in music, see at the movies or tv, and read in magazines tells me I'm stupid and wrong.

Faith is belief without proof, how can anyone believe anything that fails in providing evidence?

The answers are not found in the Bible, at least science is getting there.

I suggest watching something like 'darkmatter2525' on YouTube, that'll finish the job for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

It was to illustrate the fact that almost none of the people we considered educated men buy religion.

Then the same could be used to illustrate that men are smarter than women? Only 44 women have won Nobel prizes....
(your premise is still flawed....severely....)
A2D

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Thanks for your assaultive insult.

Impressive.

A fact is not an insult. It just is. that is what people's opinion of proof of god .

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Artemise, while I respect your opinion....I want to ask you something...This is more of a challenge than a question though...

I want you to provide me one atheist or agnostic that can say "my life was changed when I became an atheist/agnostic....They may have been a prostitute, a drug dealer, a heroin junkie, a compulsive liar, a murderer, etc etc....For every ONE testimony you provide, I will provide 5 from Christians....

A2D

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
O.P. - with whatever criteria you are using to make your point about Christianity applies to Judaism as well. Christianity does not stand alone. Remember it draws heavily from the Old Testament which comprises the majority of the Bible. The Old Testament applies to Jewish thought and values. Whatever fate you predict for Christianity will be shared by Judaism as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join