It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

i did quote it right, what kind of god asks that from a man? and what kind of monster listens to him?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Evidently you know little to nothing of the RELATIONSHIP between God and his best bud Abraham . . . and/or understand nothing of it.

If the end result of an action is to be as though it never occurred . . .

Oh, right . . . on your own excellence, omniscience and omnipotence you have achieved such a lofty perch from which to judge God and Abraham.

Impressive.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

well i have to admit, there's something a wee bit strange there. if god risks his own son for people, people should be willing to risk theirs for god, is the obvious answer. however, in god's case, he already knows everything's going to be fine. people don't know that. in fact, we've been in the dark since the same god declared that our dna be nerfed. he's not a very forthcoming fellow, in fact, he sounds alot alot meaner than jesus. i'd say jesus was a better god than him. how's that even possible? well, there's more than one jehovah in the old testament, that's how.

edit on 17-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

i will judge any god that asks a man to kill his own son. simple as that. ppl that believe god is talking to them like abraham did should be locked up and have their children taken from them they are mentally unstable, clearly.

i don't care about the outcome or the relationship, a man of faith will do anything for his god including killing his own son. that is the moral of that story. an immoral one. don't you defend that horrible story and mock my morality.

edit on 17-6-2014 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Wellllll my PhD in clinical psych judges Abraham and God as plenty rational, sane, and greatly more moral than any of the posters I've read on ATS, including the one in my mirror.

However, do carry on . . . time will tell how fruitful and in what ways your perspective turns out to be.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

I think you already know that I don't agree with a lot of your perspective on the Old Testament and on Jehovah.

I do appreciate your creative bent that seems to enjoy thinking outside the box, however.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

pride and vanity... nice.

a man that goes off to kill his son because he hears voices in his head is rational. i guess they just hand out phds now

im not picking on you, just the things you say...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It is gratifying to observe how inaccurate your assumptions are.

BTW, I'm not picking on you, just your assumptions.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

pride and vanity... nice.

a man that goes off to kill his son because he hears voices in his head is rational. i guess they just hand out phds now

im not picking on you, just the things you say...

hard to believe, isn't it. that he didn't kill his son, i mean. what sort of pathology would that be?

you are fairly judgmental it seems, about things you don't understand. like the OT.

also i noticed you think truth is fluid and are insulting.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

That would be attempted murder and child abuse. I can only imagine the childhood a kids who's parent did that was like.....

Reminds me of the children who parents watched them die while attempting to "faith heal". Really just goes to show you the ultra religious have always been crazy. Even in biblical times.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

It is gratifying to observe how inaccurate your assumptions are.

BTW, I'm not picking on you, just your assumptions.

There was nothing inaccurate about his statement.... He did leave the house with plans to kill his child because of the voices in his head. He didn't claim that he did kill him. That's you twisting his words to make them inaccurate. That's you attempting to use ridicule to ignore his point.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So if the voices in your head ( God) tells you to murder your child your game?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I think you're missing the point of the story, and you're missing the importance of the New Testament.

In the Old Testament, Abraham was being tested. Could remain faithful to God under the most dire of circumstances? He could. God clearly didn't want Abraham to follow through with it...

The New Testament changes the game. The ultimate sacrifice has been made. So, if anyone today hears voices "from God" telling them to kill their son, it isn't from God. I imagine that the response to your question would be a solid no.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Folks with the perspective and cheek to judge God are typically short-sighted, rigidly narrow and brittle in their views, and far from humble.

There was a time when I judged God for the way He arranged things in my life. That NEVER worked out well for me.

HE happens to be God.

I'm NOT.

The humble . . . or even merely the wise . . . or merely the one focused on survival or eternal life

could rapidly come to the conclusion from a few of the facts:

1. God is God. We are not.

2. God declares HE IS LOVE.

3. God demonstrates HIS LOVE TOWARD rebellious mankind, even while we are lost in our rebellions . . . to the extend of "the only begotten" part of Himself came to die for us rebels.

THEREFORE, WHEN

one comes up against something that seems mystifying or incongruous,

the logical, sane, bright, perceptive thing would be

TO CONCLUDE

that perhaps God knows something I don't.

That just perhaps, I do NOT have sufficiently high a perch from which to judge God.

Of course . . . lots of folks think that they can joust with the speeding train . . . and lose.

A shocking number of folks think that they can outrun a bear . . . and lose.

A surprising number of folks think that they can outsmart God . . . and lose.

A ridiculous number of folks think that they can OUT-MORAL God . . . and lose.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The ultra crazy is to imagine that one is above
or brighter than
or more moral than
or more clever than
or more righteous than

ALMIGHTY, LOVING, COMPASSIONATE, PATIENT GOD.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The inaccuracy is

1. thinking that a mere mortal has sufficient facts or sufficient perch to judge God.

2. thinking that a mere mortal can out righteous God.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A few times in my life, I've given far more than was rational and than I could afford in behalf of those I loved--almost to the point of losing all I had and was about.

You have no clue about the degree of my sacrificial giving in behalf of others. No clue whatsoever.

I'd almost rather die myself than see even some animals suffer. I'd certainly rather die myself than see a child suffer.

Go ahead and exalt in your arrogance and your ignorance about God and about me. We'll see how the harvest of that arrogance and ignorance works out for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
A ridiculous number of folks think that they can OUT-MORAL God . . . and lose.

Lol.

Joseph Stalin could out moral the biblical "idiot/narcissist" god.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

INDEED--CHRIST PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR ALL WHO'D RECEIVE THE GIFT OF HIS BLOOD SACRIFICE FOR THEIR ETERNAL LIFE.

Of course . . . some prefer to give God the finger instead of their submission, love and compliance.

They fail to understand that FREEDOM IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD is the ULTIMATE FREEDOM, the ultimate wholeness, the ultimate health to become all the best they can be . . . and enjoy the best joy and fulfillment beyond imagination.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Obviously, you have not met God nor Stalin.

Limiting one's blather about topics one has limited understanding of can be wise.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join