It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet
Hypothetically...And God said "Shut the Fu&k up and be nice to each other. Your incessant yelling and fighting and killing each other hurts my head and my soul (mine's bigger than yours). Most of what I have said has been misinterpreted. I never wanted witches burnt at the stake. What part of "Thou shall not kill" did you not understand? Nothing on this earth is worth killing each other. Not gold...it's just stuff. Not money...more stuff. And if you can't make another human love you you need to search for other stuff. I made you in my image and if you are devoted to me you won't fight each other. I am known by many names and all know me by those names. And all of those names are right if you are merciful, kind, and generous to each other. And Satan, well he's a good bad person because you fear him and he will do what's right to punish you and set you straight again or the fear of him will set you straight. Got it?? Now be good...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Lol, it'll hardly being its undoing, just as extremism will hardly be the undoing of Islam.

It is a good laugh though......I mean, really, a literal interpretation of the 6 x 24 hour period? LMAO.

Sorry.....just....

LOL
edit on 22-7-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Creation is one of the few things that actually make sense in Christianity.
Not necessarily the way it happened in the Bible story but the idea that everything has a designer and builder.

Man has done a few things but can he make a seed from his own material that will grow a species of tree and reproduce itself from here on out? If man ever gets to the place to where he can make a seed that grows and reproduces itself who would put them back if both man and tree become extinct?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

this is foolishness, as much as science would like to seperate itself from God the further it progresses the more it is made to admit intelligent design of 1 creator...
Creation is Gods science...
His fingerprint is on all of creation and all are bound by his law...

Actually we have found nothing on the universe scale that leads to an omnipotent creator, but I was referring to the bible and/or religious texts.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
Creation is one of the few things that actually make sense in Christianity.
Not necessarily the way it happened in the Bible story but the idea that everything has a designer and builder.

Man has done a few things but can he make a seed from his own material that will grow a species of tree and reproduce itself from here on out? If man ever gets to the place to where he can make a seed that grows and reproduces itself who would put them back if both man and tree become extinct?

the same token by which it makes sense is the token by which it doesnt. it fails to account for the emergence of an allpowerful entity whose existence violates the very principle by which its existence is founded. god requires no creator, but the universe does.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Considering how vague the title "Christian" really is. I can not see the religion ever fully coming to an end. Its numbers will reduce due to scientific objections as well as moral criticisms but it will still be around a long time.

I think due to the you tube/ pop culture way our society works today. Almost everything has the ability to be hijacked by the loudest most extreme POV.

Assume 7 day creation/ anti evolution people become the loudest most publicized sources. Media prefers crazies to intelligent conversation, sesationalism sells!

Add that to the fact regular Christians rarely go to bat against them considering them on the same team if not misguided.

Don't forget that any opposing views will only show christianities crazies, they won't show the reasonable majority.

Now, you have to view it from the POV of younger generations. They may grow up with the vast majority of Christianity they see coming from you tube and other modern media sources, where the creationists types are far more prominate and globally laughed at.

Y'all don't think that could be a recipe for a complete loss of credibility in Cristianity from future generations?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Lol, it'll hardly being its undoing, just as extremism will hardly be the undoing of Islam.

It is a good laugh though......I mean, really, a literal interpretation of the 6 x 24 hour period? LMAO.

Sorry.....just....

LOL

I just think Christianity, by not denouncing creationists, run the risk of having future generations view creationism and Christianity as one and the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I essentially agree. The majority of Christians are indeed rational people. It's really just the fringe fundamentalists that deny evolution who give it a bad name. They are definitely the ones that scream the loudest. The issue I see with rational Christians is that they rarely seem to publicly denounce those irrational views. Christian presidents and people in positions of power and influence, never admit the detriment of Christian fundamentalism. Part of the reason is they know it would cost them votes. It's too bad that these people are often encouraged to spread blatant lies about science to the world. These views should be denounced by people in powerful positions, much like radical Islam should be denounced by rational Islamic leaders. It shouldn't be up to the atheists.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I essentially agree. The majority of Christians are indeed rational people. It's really just the fringe fundamentalists that deny evolution who give it a bad name. They are definitely the ones that scream the loudest. The issue I see with rational Christians is that they rarely seem to publicly denounce those irrational views. Christian presidents and people in positions of power and influence, never admit the detriment of Christian fundamentalism. Part of the reason is they know it would cost them votes. It's too bad that these people are often encouraged to spread blatant lies about science to the world. These views should be denounced by people in powerful positions, much like radical Islam should be denounced by rational Islamic leaders. It shouldn't be up to the atheists.

My thoughts exactly. I have lived in mississippi or Kansas City most of my life. It was actually research from argueing on ATS that lead me to find out I was just surrounded by the craziest 20%.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The crusades didnt even end Christianity. I dont see how simple silly behavior would trump slaughter of many lives. Its pretty near impossible not to grow up not knowing any Christians and having the only exposure be media.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
why is the fibonacci sequence evident in the smallest partical to largest body in the universe?
this is only one example to which science can only credit God...
anyway sorry for not reading your op....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

why is the fibonacci sequence evident in the smallest partical to largest body in the universe?

This is a gross misrepresentation. The fibonacci sequence is present in nature, but like most creationists you are vastly overstating it's presence.

This is not surprising, since much of what is said about phi is false or misleading and is widely repeated without any actual investigation by the repeaters.

Human beings are pattern matching machines, so of course we are going to look for a pattern everywhere. Many of the relationships and ratios claimed for phi are often arbitrary or imposed by the person searching for patterns. Give anyone a number or a shape to find in nature and they will find it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural

The crusades didnt even end Christianity. I dont see how simple silly behavior would trump slaughter of many lives. Its pretty near impossible not to grow up not knowing any Christians and having the only exposure be media.

I really don't mean end... But you could have a massive drop to the point of being insignificant.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

anyway sorry for not reading your op....

That sequence isn't as exact and only applys to earth based life forms.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes, it could become more of a minority or at least only 50 percent of the public.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join