It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

slowing the population growth of a country that has a history of female infanticide is well, doh. not only that,they forced their women to be implanted with iuds and sterilizations as well. their bodies don't even belong to them. it's like......wtf?
all you have to do to support a larger population is build a few vertical hydroponic farms in large cities, problem solved. it's almost like they are selling fetuses for money. i don't blame them though, i blame the entities or whoever the heck is running the show at the tippety top, from keeping us all in the dark, drip feeding us half the data or less and manipulating us to kill each other over some of the stupidest things ever.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VVV88

I actually don't see them as being opposed to each other always. But that all depends on the way God is being used. I do see them as opposing when God is used in a "Personal Being" sense of the word however. But even without science I still would say a "Personalized God Being" is incorrect. To me, such a God Person doesn't even make sense when used along side Biblical Concepts. The more literal those concepts become, the more impossible the reasoning becomes too.

As for M theory, I have no idea. I read about it once or twice but couldn't even tell you what it was now.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

That's one thing I totally am against. I was raised by women and do not support anything at all like that in any way. If anything I see women in a much better way than men even. Logically I try and view both equally but as the result of my life experiences I am actually probably bias toward the side of women rather than men easily.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been posted yet. I went through most of the post on the first page and had to add this.......
Many of you like to talk about intelligence and how you are superior in your thinking to the Christian.
I am wondering, would it surprise many of you to learn that the "Young Earth Movement" is actually fairly new?
It has not been around but a few generations. It is not the base of Christianity and it will most certainly not be the end of Christianity.
Some put their faith in unsettled science, some in a higher power. There is one thing we all agree on. We are here now.
If someone believes in God it does not mean they are inferior, stupid or braindead. It simply means that they have personal proof of something many of you have not experienced.
My beliefs are my own, just as your beliefs are your own. Who are you to say mine are wrong? You have not experienced what I have.
You think science has all of the answers? Not yet, not even close. There is so much that we don't know, how can anyone rule out the existence of God is beyond me.
Quad

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

We're not talking about believing in god. Were talking about creationism, a denial of evolution and the belief in 7 day creation..... Literalists. The question is if creationism is in danger of becoming the voice of Christianity and how dangerous that could be.
edit on 19-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i would just like to lodge a formal complaint that is keeping with the tone of this thread. i'm a fan of sherlock holmes novels. i've read them all. i've seen leonard nimoy (mr. spock from star trek) play sherlock in a theater, live. i've seen every sherlock holmes movie and tv show, including the new sherlock, which i adore (benedict is like a fine wine. he also played khan in star trek: into darkness). imagine my shock and dismay, to hear him say, while in character, in one of the episodes (if you've seen the sherlock tv series, it's the "sign of three" episode) that the least bright of the family children would be in some job befitting low intelligence, such as in the role of a minister/clergyman. what a disappointment.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
If this were true, you would not be pleased to imagine the end of a belief(creationism)....You clearly will not fight and die for freedom of religion....if that were true, you would not have said what you said....You want to see the end of creationism & Christianity just like the OP does....your posts make it abundantly clear that you think these beliefs are ignorant. You do not support them. You do not encourage them. You would not fight for them. You would not die for them.

While I understand what you meant, it was an insincere statement. The fact of the matter is that creationism is a belief...and you do not support or encourage it because you believe it is IGNORANT.

Their beliefs are not ignorant, they are beliefs. I'm not referring to the average Christian when I talk about evolution deniers. I'm specifically referring to a certain group of Christians (likely in the minority) that have a fundamentalist view of their scriptures and attack science over it. Fundamentalism is what I'd be happy to see die out, not Christianity or creationism. Fundamentalism is what leads to killing and war. Jesus taught the exact opposite of what these fundamentalists do, which is attack what they don't agree with, without understanding. That is the ignorance, not the beliefs themselves. Jesus didn't attack those he didn't agree with. He befriended them and tried to help them understand the positives of a relationship with god and the power of good deeds.

You would like to see the eradication of an entire belief system because of "certain christian groups" who have an extreme interpretation? You're just as bad as they are....(They want evolution gone, you want creationism gone...)

Where did you see anything close to that in my post? I never said I wanted the eradication of any faith. I said that if they were gone, I'd miss them because I enjoy debunking them on ATS.

also if you notice, I'm not the one that said I support belief systems in all walks of life....barcs was....
Your statement should be redirected to him...

I'm not sure, but you might have missed the part where I said as long as they don't harm others. I'm not saying if somebody's belief system is murder or thievery that it's fine.

You should understand...the "normal Christians" have tried...trust me...we just get told the same thing anybody else that isn't a Christian gets told....there is no keeping these guys in check....(freedom sometimes causes abuse...ie give em an inch they take a mile)

The problem is similar to fundamentalist Islam. The moderates in positions of influence and power do not speak out. Fox News supports them in most endeavors and refuses to even talk about the detriment to society or to Christianity itself, when you attack science or scientists. It seems they are too distracted by slandering atheists, rather than talking about tolerance. Bush pandered to those people for 8 years. They make up a big portion of conservative voting, so people are afraid to say anything. Moderate leaders in the middle east do the same thing, as they refuse to take a stance against radical fundamentalist Islam in the same fashion. The world needs to understand that these religions are not about that. Even Islam at its core is a religion of peace. You just have folks that interpret the war passages as literal truth and while they might think they are doing a noble thing by spreading what they consider "universal truth" to everyone, they have to do terrible things to achieve that goal, and those things are what kill their credibility, just as creationists attacking science does.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: ArtemisE

with more like him, there will not be a "his side". and your side will be screwed as well because that's how it works. a system where everyone is on the same page, requires the system to self predate. and it does. after stalin got in power, he had his own officers killed that had helped him get there. his reasoning was, they were contenders to his position, knew too much and could threaten him. and he continued this practice for the rest of his life. he was like a sith on steroids.

You love to bring up Stalin over and over again, but it's irrelevant. I don't care what one atheist tyrant did. Everybody doesn't have to believe the exact same thing to be on the same page. They just have to understand tolerance of other faiths. Believe whatever you want, just don't attack others over faith. It's quite simple actually. For Christians, it should be easy because tolerance and empathy are supposed to be the staples of their belief system.

Also you keep attempting to define atheists. Don't do this. There are MANY types of atheists. Buddhists qualify, Taoists, etc etc. It doesn't mean you have zero beliefs about the supernatural. It simply means you don't believe in a god. You are looking at atheism like a system, when it's not. It's merely one thing that they don't belief. What they DO believe varies a great deal. One can be atheist and be spirtual, or believe in a soul or after life. They just don't believe in god.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Christ as Creator will be the end of atheism and all religions.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Year1
Christ as Creator will be the end of atheism and all religions.

Every generation of Christian has thought this was the end times cause " Jesus is comming!" So how many failed predictions and phrophecys before you just admit " it ain't gonna happen". Lmao

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

a reply to: ArtemisE

with more like him, there will not be a "his side". and your side will be screwed as well because that's how it works. a system where everyone is on the same page, requires the system to self predate. and it does. after stalin got in power, he had his own officers killed that had helped him get there. his reasoning was, they were contenders to his position, knew too much and could threaten him. and he continued this practice for the rest of his life. he was like a sith on steroids.

You love to bring up Stalin over and over again, but it's irrelevant. I don't care what one atheist tyrant did. Everybody doesn't have to believe the exact same thing to be on the same page. They just have to understand tolerance of other faiths. Believe whatever you want, just don't attack others over faith. It's quite simple actually. For Christians, it should be easy because tolerance and empathy are supposed to be the staples of their belief system.

Also you keep attempting to define atheists. Don't do this. There are MANY types of atheists. Buddhists qualify, Taoists, etc etc. It doesn't mean you have zero beliefs about the supernatural. It simply means you don't believe in a god. You are looking at atheism like a system, when it's not. It's merely one thing that they don't belief. What they DO believe varies a great deal. One can be atheist and be spirtual, or believe in a soul or after life. They just don't believe in god.

Believe in a god, yet. Atheists won't deny facts if they happen. That's the way creationists work.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

But atheists won't refuse to change there beliefs if proved otherwise.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
If someone believes in God it does not mean they are inferior, stupid or braindead. It simply means that they have personal proof of something many of you have not experienced.
My beliefs are my own, just as your beliefs are your own. Who are you to say mine are wrong? You have not experienced what I have.

Aw man. You were doing so good until this statement. Personal proof? Most folks of faith do not ever get personal proof, they believe it on faith. Personal proof can be circumstantial and subjective to interpretation. But in the same light, who are you to say science is wrong? You do not have the experience scientists have. It goes both ways... except science is proven and isn't based on subjective evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

i'm currently too upset that one of my childhood heroes (sherlock holmes) is being written as if he thinks people like me are imbiciles. it's a shock to the system to see that.
edit on 19-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I know a person who recently 180'd from Wicca to Jehovah's Witness; pretty much because he desired friendship, found a "friend" and converted. He is now in the process of indoctrinating his 6 year old twin daughters into the horrors of Christianity.

Those that honestly seek truth will discover the ridiculousness that is religion. I do believe that knowledge will eventually bring down religion as a whole.

However, people will always crave "love" and attention from others. They will throw out their beliefs in favor of securing that need at whatever the cost. As long as that exists, religion has that edge. And once indoctrinated, it's very difficult to leave.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Horrors of Christianity?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Creationism has nothing to do with monotheism. Of course when Vatican enters superstitions into the life of people science will reveal their lies.
There are rules governing this world. These rules are from God. And everything is worshiping God by obeying these rules.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

i'm currently too upset that one of my childhood heroes (sherlock holmes) is being written as if he thinks people like me are imbiciles. it's a shock to the system to see that.

The new Sherlock isn't the same character as the old one. The original stories take place in the early 1900s. This one is modern day. The new character is much different from the old. It's like comparing Star Trek original series to Deep Space Nine or Voyager. They are vastly different, even in the basic understanding of the universe. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sherlock is naturally cynical in it, so taking a shot at creationists isn't a surprise.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Do you mean moral rules?

Or physics rules?

The world follows no repeatable moral rules. Children are raped and murdred daily no Devine aid.

You had a really weird mix of theology and science there..... I'm open to the concept of a god, but think there is zero evidence for it. God isn't a universal constant to me so. I'm not sure what you were going for...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

he didn't take a shot at creationists. he took a shot at christianity, specifically. since many christians aren't creationists, that is not the point the screenplay writer was making with one of my childhood-adulthood, heroes. you just have no idea. it's like superman squaring off against an entire sector of the planet, and referring to them as possessing the lowest intellect in any family unit.

just to get a masters degree in divinity, you need a doctorate degree, and be able to read and translate, greek, hebrew, latin and variants as well (aramaic, chaldean, for example). and that's just for starters.
edit on 19-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join