It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Yes, Hitler was also insane and loved his cousin. But again, I'm referring to modern day western world.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
First of all, I would like to know WHY someone who is not even a creationist bothers to bring a topic like this forward. Who cares IF creationism could be the end of christianity...other than christians and creationists of course....Obviously an atheist SHOULD NOT CARE...in fact they would probably be more than happy....

I'm not a christian and I care about that. Without all the creationists posting lies and unsubstantiated attacks on evolution, life on ATS would be pretty boring. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
edit on 18-6-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Yes, Hitler was also insane and loved his cousin. But again, I'm referring to modern day western world.

erm you brought up his christianity as a reason to suggest christianity is an evil calling itself a good. the dude was into tarot, he was a fan of blavatsky, and the new world order thing (see the secret doctrine), he promoted germanic paganism, i dunno, but that doesn't strike me as being particularly christian. he also murdered alot of the non catholic christians, like the jehovah's witnesses and protestants. i'ma thinking you need to rethink how you apply the word christian in this particular case. a christian means you believe in jesus.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
erm you brought up his christianity as a reason to suggest christianity is an evil calling itself a good. the dude was into tarot, he was a fan of blavatsky, and the new world order thing (see the secret doctrine), he promoted germanic paganism, i dunno, but that doesn't strike me as being particularly christian. he also murdered alot of the non catholic christians, like the jehovah's witnesses and protestants. i'ma thinking you need to rethink how you apply the word christian in this particular case. a christian means you believe in jesus.

I brought it up to show that many folks during that time committed other horrible acts. It's not just atheists, just christians, or just muslims. Everybody wanted world conquest. You suggested that if atheists took over, somebody would get in trouble for worshiping a flower, which was what I disagreed with. We don't live in those times anymore in the western world, but there are plenty of places that still fit the bill.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

In other words, you find the varying beliefs of other people amusing....You're not denying ignorance, you're enabling it...

A2D

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This is out of control and downright ridiculous.

First of all, I would like to know WHY someone who is not even a creationist bothers to bring a topic like this forward. Who cares IF creationism could be the end of christianity...other than christians and creationists of course....Obviously an atheist SHOULD NOT CARE...in fact they would probably be more than happy....

Is that why you posted this? Because it gives you the "warm and fuzzies" inside just to think about it? Give me a break. Stop this madness.

A2D

It gives me the warm and fuzzy's to help break up disinformation. Creationists are the main problem. Denying evolution and climate change type stuff is destructive, dangerous even!! I grew up in the Bible Belt, so I honestly thought most Christians were creationists. It was actually some one on ATS that showed me the truth. Creationist yahoos are the minority, but that's who you always hear about and all I see in Mississippi. So I thought the OP was a very legit point.

Plus it's a question for the nonyahoos on how potentially destructive it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Oh it's under attack. Whether Christianity is right or wrong is irrelevant, but this subject is for a different thread on a different day. Either way, the point has been made, young-earth-creationists won't be the end of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

okay, i've said already that mob rule is the issue. if christianity dissipates. you'll still have other religions that are not going to be swayed by any logic, threats or truths. christians are in the vaccuum between them and everyone else. tptb know this, and since their plan is global gov, they want to align with groups who also want global power, to such a degree they are willing to ignore everything else to get it. and i do mean everything else. diversity of world view is what keeps this planet from self destructing, because when one world view rises to prominence we see horrible horrible things happen.

it appears they want to solve this by making a watered down version of each belief system and force the believers to ostracize each other if they don't agree. then eventually we have one big melting pot of a bunch of people who can be easily swayed the rest of the way into atheism, by just pulling a stalin, proving that the king is god and that no other truths should be allowed as they are fictions. the emperor not only has clothes, his clothes are divine by force of the mob.

the french revolution was a particularly poignant example of this. the people were abused to the point they finally revolted. they became a mob of unbelievably savage proportions, dragging people into the street and disembowelling them, cutting open pregnant women's bellies (just google what's happening to white farmers in south africa at the moment. they don't just shoot them or stab them, they torture them to death first. little old ladies and men, raped, sodomized, doused with gas, set on fire, cut open, hung upside down so they strangle on their own blood and so on). then came the guillotine. they killed hundreds of thousands of people on that guillotine. and when the wars and strife and beheadings, finally settled down, the guy that started the whole thing, emerged from a high pedestal, draped in a roman toga, pronouncing his new religion of reason and logic. his mates were shocked. they beheaded him.

yeah.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In other words, you find the varying beliefs of other people amusing....You're not denying ignorance, you're enabling it...

A2D

I'm an ordained minister. I support and encourage varying BELIEFS in all walks of life. I would fight and die for freedom of religion before seeing this place turn into a theocracy of any kind. That is the core of my belief system. Coexisting with others, regardless of faith.

Attacking evolution and science is not simply people expressing varying beliefs. It's a dishonest smear campaign against scientific discovery and knowledge, perpetuated by certain christian groups who believe it threatens their literal interpretation of their faith. I welcome varying beliefs, but not attacks on solid science. That is ignorance at its highest level, and that is what I try to deny by defending the science. I enjoy it, and I'm happy to do it. Knowledge is power. People that attack knowledge and science are detrimental to society and hold us back. We all need to move forward, TOGETHER, instead of kicking dirt on each other.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

People that attack knowledge and science are detrimental to society and hold us back

on the other hand, their diversity helps keep the other side from being too over populated. if you end up with a bunch of wishy washy christians, they are going to leap, not walk, over to atheism, the moment some stalin like guy says so. particularly after a few object lessons, such as killing massive amounts of people who won't comply.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I support and encourage varying BELIEFS in all walks of life. I would fight and die for freedom of religion before seeing this place turn into a theocracy of any kind.

If this were true, you would not be pleased to imagine the end of a belief(creationism)....You clearly will not fight and die for freedom of religion....if that were true, you would not have said what you said....You want to see the end of creationism & Christianity just like the OP does....your posts make it abundantly clear that you think these beliefs are ignorant. You do not support them. You do not encourage them. You would not fight for them. You would not die for them.

While I understand what you meant, it was an insincere statement. The fact of the matter is that creationism is a belief...and you do not support or encourage it because you believe it is IGNORANT.

As for...

Attacking evolution and science is not simply people expressing varying beliefs. It's a dishonest smear campaign against scientific discovery and knowledge, perpetuated by certain christian groups who believe it threatens their literal interpretation of their faith.

You would like to see the eradication of an entire belief system because of "certain christian groups" who have an extreme interpretation? You're just as bad as they are....(They want evolution gone, you want creationism gone...)

A2D

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
learn

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

A2D

I'm an ordained minister. I support and encourage varying BELIEFS in all walks of life. I would fight and die for freedom of religion before seeing this place turn into a theocracy of any kind. That is the core of my belief system. Coexisting with others, regardless of faith.

Attacking evolution and science is not simply people expressing varying beliefs. It's a dishonest smear campaign against scientific discovery and knowledge, perpetuated by certain christian groups who believe it threatens their literal interpretation of their faith. I welcome varying beliefs, but not attacks on solid science. That is ignorance at its highest level, and that is what I try to deny by defending the science. I enjoy it, and I'm happy to do it. Knowledge is power. People that attack knowledge and science are detrimental to society and hold us back. We all need to move forward, TOGETHER, instead of kicking dirt on each other.

Without more like you. I think your side is screwed!!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I support and encourage varying BELIEFS in all walks of life. I would fight and die for freedom of religion before seeing this place turn into a theocracy of any kind.

If this were true, you would not be pleased to imagine the end of a belief(creationism)....You clearly will not fight and die for freedom of religion....if that were true, you would not have said what you said....You want to see the end of creationism & Christianity just like the OP does....your posts make it abundantly clear that you think these beliefs are ignorant. You do not support them. You do not encourage them. You would not fight for them. You would not die for them.

While I understand what you meant, it was an insincere statement. The fact of the matter is that creationism is a belief...and you do not support or encourage it because you believe it is IGNORANT.

As for...

Attacking evolution and science is not simply people expressing varying beliefs. It's a dishonest smear campaign against scientific discovery and knowledge, perpetuated by certain christian groups who believe it threatens their literal interpretation of their faith.

You would like to see the eradication of an entire belief system because of "certain christian groups" who have an extreme interpretation? You're just as bad as they are....(They want evolution gone, you want creationism gone...)

A2D

Beliefs of any kind? Like it sure would be a shame if nazism disappeared or what about racial superiority or slavery types???

That is some awsome logic...

Or really if a belief system you follow were to die out. That's the only real problem huh?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You really need to stop with your generalizations of Atheists, or Non-Believers and Stalin. We're already gone over this. You are either deliberately or mistakenly linking non-believers with Fascist Dictatorship while implying that Christians and Christianity are the Savior about to be Destroyed. Ironically I have heard that story before somewhere.....

If we, and be we I mean all of us, don't stop with all the grouping of these people vs those and start thinking for ourselves any idea of Freedom and Liberty is already a lost cause and we may as well just bow down right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Without more like you. I think your side is screwed!!

There are no sides. We all live on this planet together. If we can't make it work, WE'RE ALL SCREWED.

A2D

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

with more like him, there will not be a "his side". and your side will be screwed as well because that's how it works. a system where everyone is on the same page, requires the system to self predate. and it does. after stalin got in power, he had his own officers killed that had helped him get there. his reasoning was, they were contenders to his position, knew too much and could threaten him. and he continued this practice for the rest of his life. he was like a sith on steroids.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Beliefs of any kind? Like it sure would be a shame if nazism disappeared or what about racial superiority or slavery types???

That is some awsome logic...

Or really if a belief system you follow were to die out. That's the only real problem huh?

It really is a shame you pretend to know me. I am NOT a creationist.

also if you notice, I'm not the one that said I support belief systems in all walks of life....barcs was....
Your statement should be redirected to him...

A2D

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

if there are not various kinds of atheists (agnostics and so forth), the same problem will arise. too many agnostics, and they will pre-date the atheists who aren't agnostic. too many atheists, and they predate the agnostics who are not atheist. it works regardless of world view. that's what i'm trying to say. we need all the flavors because they keep us from becoming too heavily invested in a singular world view. take my word for this: it sounds good on paper, but it ain't.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

We have various sets of world views now and I don't see them getting along either. At least the agnostics and atheists do try and correct mistakes to some degree when they come across them. Whereas the Exclusive Religions do not. They just all claim to be the only right ones and then try to either convert or destroy all the rest.

On the other hand, Inclusive Religions seem to be ok with everyone similar to most Non-Believers. But if you get even just two different Religions, even when their roots are the same, but each one claiming to be the one true way and you still have two sides that refuse to change.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join