It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What unmitigated nonsense.

So, when you offer your child a chocolate or a vanilla ice cream cone . . . and comment that in your opinion, the chocolate tastes a bit strange today--you've just robbed the child of choice?

What absurdity.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

WRONG AGAIN. You're on quite a roll.

God proves Himself

to those WHO

earnestly, persistently, genuinely, faithfully SEEK HIM.

He's never been a fan of pharisees . . . in the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM or any other religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Y'all are going to "love" the RELIGIONs OF SCIENTISM and Islam being forcefully morphed into the overt and required worship of satan in the coming global oligarchy and one world religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Ohhhhhhhhhh no!

It's not the Christians using the daffynitionary of rubber words.

So do you deny that there are something like 30,000 to 40,000 different denominations of Christianity?

I'd say that's an AWFUL lot of changing the meanings of words to get a different interpretation of the same book.

Sheesh.

Who changed genocidal child sacrifice to Morlach on the altars of convenience "choice?"

What?

Who changed black into white?

No one, are you color blind?

Who changed up into down?

No one, do you suffer from vertigo?

Who changed left into right?

No one, left is still the hand that makes an L with your thumb and index finger last I checked.

Who changed REGRESSING ALL THE WAY BACK TO BABYLON into "progressives?"

Regressing back to babylon? There are seven distinct periods of Babylon (maybe more depending on how you split it up), which one are you referring to? Babylon.

Surely you aren't trying to suggest that the Assyrian period would be the same as the Hellenistic period correct? Though to be honest, I'd like to know what "regressing all the way back to babylon" even means. Did the US become a city-state or something?

Who changed "science" into a cold blooded, narrow, rigid, lock-step, orthodoxy of RELIGION?

No one, science doesn't behave like that. Science updates its definitions and theories all the time. Scientists make their careers by adding to or changing existing theories.

Gimme a break. What a travesty of an upside-down assertion.

Yes your empty rhetoric certainly is.

Sheesh.

And now the cheek to rationalize raining on 4 sides of a drying hay field as a freak weather feature instead of the miracle it was.

What are you talking about here?

What gross hypocrisy.

What unmitigated disingenuously clueless blather pretending to be erudition.

Using big and hard to understand adjectives doesn't make your point more valid.

Truly the Manual is accurate . . . trying to bring such a perspective to understanding and enlightenment is impossible. Minds have been darkened and will not have any lights go on in them unless and until Holy Spirit performs a miracle in hearts, spirits and minds--probably in that order. And there appears to be little chance of that in great proportions of such perspectives.

Question, what is the holy spirit and why can't you just say god? Is the holy spirit supposed to be separate from god or the same thing? Why do you worship it as two separate entities? Doesn't your ten commandments tell you to worship god and only god?

I await your linguistic gymnastics to explain it, I'm sure it won't involve twisting around meanings of words to justify your beliefs or anything since you clearly said Christians don't do that.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

In . . . East Timor . . . I forget . . . 20-30 years ago . . . a whole group of folks trekking home in a heavy rainstorm after a Bible study . . . had to cross a river. They walked across the river seemingly in knee deep water. Yet, every person in the group knew from where the water was on the banks, that it was actually over their heads in depth.

Cool story. Source?

Billy Graham investigated and found the assertions credible.

Source?

Of course you will not. You seemingly have no capacity to consider such evidence fairly.

How can you say that when you haven't even sourced your claims?

Which leaves me wondering . . . what on earth ever conditioned you and other such perspectives on this thread, so fiercely to be so hostile to God.

Catholicism and being raised as a Catholic. Fear breeds hate and contempt and Catholics preach fear all day everyday. As I've seen the reasons from other people who post in this thread, I'm not alone (their experiences may not specifically be with the Catholic denomination though). Though I got a question for you, does it concern you that your religion is starting to push people away as opposed to bringing in new people?
edit on 18-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ahhhhhhhh the outrages of the RCC struck again.

That's usually the most likely source of such attitudes.

Enjoy the cage they locked you in, by default. Sad to see, though.

BTW, I'm not interested in sourcing those comments. It's always a wasted, futile exercise on these threads.

There's no capacity to fair-mindedly consider sources or anything else my perspective has to offer.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Well that's certainly unfair of you. I always source my claims even if they are going to be ignored by the Creationist I'm talking to. I'm sad to see that you disrespect me as a poster so much that you cannot even practice denying ignorance and producing evidence that this actually happened. Oh well, no source then it didn't happen. That's how I operate. So while you can claim to know how I would interpret and analyze your source by saying I'll disprove of it, you are DEFINITELY getting me to disbelieve your story without evidence (especially since you cannot even remember the full details of how the story went, "In . . . East Timor . . . I forget . . . 20-30 years ago . . . ")

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I don't have trouble respecting you as a person or as a poster.

I have no respect whatsoever for the perspective you proffer on this thread.

And I have no respect whatsoever for the lack of fair-mindedness so evident on the part of so many on such threads.

And I have no interest in wasting more of my energy and time tracking down old sources.

I think the book was by Mel Tari or some such . . . that's all I have on the top of my head.

So, help yourself, if you want to dig it out and trash it.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't have trouble respecting you as a person or as a poster.

I have no respect whatsoever for the perspective you proffer on this thread.

That's pretty evident since you refuse to educate yourself on our perspective. I actually happen to actually have read up on your position, have lived it, and even THEN when I'm about to post something about Christianity, I make sure what I post is correct. I had to alter my text about the holy spirit because I was about to say something that wasn't true, but then I read up on it real quick and made sure that what I said wasn't something that is wrong. That's the difference between you and I. I actually respect my debate opponents enough to try to understand their opinion and position. You just make it up with assumptions.

And I have no respect whatsoever for the lack of fair-mindedness so evident on the part of so many on such threads.

Case in point. I'm not "so many on such threads," I'm Krazysh0t, an individual. I act how I act and I know how to concede points to people. It's why I am an agnostic and not an atheist. The point that Christians and other religious people make that you cannot disprove god is true, so I conceded that point and allow in my worldview for the possibility of a divine spirit to exist. It just has to use the various scientific processes scientists have discovered to develop the universe and everything in it.

And I have no interest in wasting more of my energy and time tracking down old sources.

I think the book was by Mel Tari or some such . . . that's all I have on the top of my head.

So, help yourself, if you want to dig it out and trash it.

Sigh.

I don't vet other people's sources. That's called a burden of proof fallacy. Until you produce the source, then it didn't happen. End of story.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

WRONG AGAIN.

I used to hold such a perspective.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oh no, that's what I was getting at in my "final thought". It doesn't matter who the loudest voice is alleged to be. Our children, when raised properly, will be the same. 2000 Years into it, and we're still growlng as a body. China is very big on technological/scientific growth, yet Christianity is growing.

If it doesn't matter who is saying what. I think it's because faith circumvents technology and science (as evident in the thread). Science and technology, if anything, only strengthens our faith.

That's why this thread is evident of the answer. We were fully aware of the young-earth-creationists, but it didn't change anything. A billion people know about the young-earth-creationists, and it doesn't change anything.

That's why, love us or hate us, we are here to stay. It's going to take an awful lot more than science, technology, and young-earth-creationist voices to destroy the Christian faith. You can disagree with our beliefs, point out how stupid you think some of us sound, and find new scientific revelations, but these things won't harm us as a body. Aliens could land on Earth today and denounce our God, and it wouldn't destroy us.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

WRONG AGAIN.

I used to hold such a perspective.

Cheers.

Wrong again? Where? Having discussed things like evolution and other scientific theories/hypotheses that you find questionable in other threads, I can say with relative certainty that you don't understand those concepts well enough. So whether or not you believed that position in the past is irrelevant since you clearly didn't desire to learn enough about them to actually understand fully what they are saying. Every time we start a new conversation on evolution, in you come with the same wrong statements about how evolution works which I correct (with sources) then we repeat again in the next thread.

But that is besides the point, evolution, god, creationism, etc I really don't care what you believe, I just want the evidence to support your position to actually add up to what you are saying. I DON'T want you to start with a conclusion and make the evidence fit that conclusion though, that is another fallacy.

Still waiting on the source to that story, or are we just going to agree that you made it up?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

1. You don't appear to have much of a clue about what I think or have thought.

2. You don't appear to have much understanding at all about my knowledge and awareness.

3. I'm not agreeing to any such thing with you. I'm merely refusing to be your gopher, clerk, research assistant. I did NOT make the narrative up. There were a number of miracles in the book. Some of them, like the 'loaves and fishes' miracle, people close to me have experienced. It's your loss to remain entrenched against such realities.

4. I don't really find genuine dialogue very likely with you, if possible, at all.

5. In terms of creationism . . . the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM hypothesis is absurd on the face of it and at many levels of detail. Certainly creationism will NOT result in the demise of Christianity at all.

6. The globalist oligarchy is determined to stamp out Christianity and Christians. They will fail though there will be a shocking number of martyrs.

7. Enjoy the global government and one world religion worshiping satan. Though I don't think there will be much joy connected with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So, when you offer your child a chocolate or a vanilla ice cream cone . . . and comment that in your opinion, the chocolate tastes a bit strange today--you've just robbed the child of choice?

What absurdity.

Yep, like clockwork. That didn't take long to start twisting things around trying to claim something different. Let's read YOUR POST from earlier.....Shall we:

HOWEVER, God the Programmer also has choice and great ability to nudge even free will choices in a way that results in His will.

So suggestion of an ice cream flavor is now the same thing as God using his power to nudge free will into His will, huh?!?!? Ya cause that's the same thing.

You know what, don't get all crazy over something you wrote when it doesn't make sense and someone calls you on it. Twisting what you said into something else is exactly what I was talking about and sure enough you stepped in and proved my point exactly.

That quote above is what YOU said. Either own it. Correct it. Redact it. or something. But don't try and twist it around to mean something different now.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Given that you don't appear to have well understood the original post . . . and certainly not the follow-up post . . . I have no more than a gnat's fart's worth of confidence you'd understand well any clarifying post.

I see no point in bothering.

Perceptive folks will understand.

Shoot, perceptive folks understood the analogy the first time.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh isn't that special. So now we start with the personal attacks and insults. Follow that up with some indignant refusal to even have a discussion now too.

Great form!! You represent the Self Righteous Christian Zealots perfectly.

What's next??? The claim that I'm persecuting you because your Religion??? Or perhaps you'd like to silence me or deny me some basic human right using Religious Freedom as the excuse??? Or are you just gonna go with one of the old reliable methods and call me a witch or a demon???

Next time why don't you try and defend your position instead of just stomping around like and angry child who didn't get their way.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

1. You don't appear to have much of a clue about what I think or have thought.

It's funny that you say this about me yet make the very same assumptions about me.

2. You don't appear to have much understanding at all about my knowledge and awareness.

I just go off of what I read from you. If you have a better understanding of the topics that you discuss, it would be prudent to actually use that information instead of posting incorrect information over and over again like you've done in the past on various evolution threads.

3. I'm not agreeing to any such thing with you. I'm merely refusing to be your gopher, clerk, research assistant. I did NOT make the narrative up. There were a number of miracles in the book. Some of them, like the 'loaves and fishes' miracle, people close to me have experienced. It's your loss to remain entrenched against such realities.

So prove it to me, why is that so hard? You make a claim that this story is true, then show me. I already told you that trying to shift the burden of proof to me (the audience) is a logical fallacy. You can rant and rave all you want about it, but at the end of the day, the onus is on you to provide proof for you claims. I'm sorry that you can't seem to grasp this.

4. I don't really find genuine dialogue very likely with you, if possible, at all.

Why is that? Do you think I've been lying to you or something?

5. In terms of creationism . . . the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM hypothesis is absurd on the face of it and at many levels of detail. Certainly creationism will NOT result in the demise of Christianity at all.

See this is what I'm talking about. There is no such thing as the religion of scientism. I've told you this many times before, but you refuse to educate yourself on that. I really find it very disingenuous of you to accuse me of not giving your claims their fair due when you are doing exactly that with the information I provide.

6. The globalist oligarchy is determined to stamp out Christianity and Christians. They will fail though there will be a shocking number of martyrs.

Why would they want to do that? Christianity is a great control tool. It's been controlling people for the last 2000 years pretty successfully. If anything, they'd want to strengthen it.

7. Enjoy the global government and one world religion worshiping satan. Though I don't think there will be much joy connected with it.

I already told you that I'm an agnostic. Being agnostic doesn't mean you worship satan. See now you are just making stuff up about me. I've been anything but respectful to you, and you just continue to disrespect me. You are a fantastic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What absurdity.

No when you've sold the kid lies and taught them the bible is the "truth" you've robbed there choice. Choosing isn't brainwashing them, then thinking they will have free will to choose later. Choice is them not being brainwashed then letting them choose.... Obviously....
edit on 18-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Enjoy the thread y'all have successfully commandeered.

Perhaps you'll be thrilled with the sound of one hand clapping.

You might even refine your successes on this thread toward succeeding in hounding Christian perspectives out of thread after thread on ATS. The RELIGION OF SCIENTISM acolytes, priests, bishops et al will be cheering you on, undoubtedly.

G'Day.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh isn't that special. So now we start with the personal attacks and insults. Follow that up with some indignant refusal to even have a discussion now too.

Great form!! You represent the Self Righteous Christian Zealots perfectly.

What's next??? The claim that I'm persecuting you because your Religion??? Or perhaps you'd like to silence me or deny me some basic human right using Religious Freedom as the excuse??? Or are you just gonna go with one of the old reliable methods and call me a witch or a demon???

Next time why don't you try and defend your position instead of just stomping around like and angry child who didn't get their way.

Start!?! You must be new... That's Bo's bread and butter tacitic. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join