It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Will be the End of Cristianity.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
solomons path

i retain the right to study what i want and believe what i want, regardless of what any other group says. period. end.of.story. i'm not going to justify attacks that claim i'm anti-gay, when i'm not, that i believe in segregation, when i don't, that accuse me of all kinds of bull # i didn't do, like the inquistion for example. i'm not even a catholic, for crying out loud. i'm not taking the fall for other people's errors. thank you very much. i'm not your dang whipping post.

jump off.

Thank you for proving my point . . .

First, you responded to a post that wasn't addressing you in anyway. When I explained why I don't see things your way . . . You follow up with the above.

Phoney self-victimization and the fallacy of christian persecution at it's finest . . . all the while claiming "that wasn't me".

It would be pure comedy gold, if not for the pathetic nature of you protestations.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

It was to illustrate the fact that almost none of the people we considered educated men buy religion.

Then the same could be used to illustrate that men are smarter than women? Only 44 women have won Nobel prizes....
(your premise is still flawed....severely....)
A2D

Not when we didn't really start allowing women to be educated untile the last 100 years...prob less.

The exact opposite is true of religion. Almost everyone starts off believing in religion. It's not until people actually stop and think about it that we drop it. I bet almost no Nobel prize winners were raised atheist. Yet as they explore and examine history and science, almost all come to the same conclusion. It's the attemps of Bronze Age man to explain the unexplainable.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Where is the word of these 500 witnesses?
First time heard of that.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: solomons path

The current Heaven and earth will pass away . . . His Word will remain . . . true and effective.

He noted therein that even though man made his nest among the stars, yet God would bring him down.

Arrogance has never had a bright future.

I'll be waiting . . . can you give an exact date of the "passing away", since you know the future? How about just have you god shoot me an email.

Arrogance . . . like claiming to know the "one true god", his will, the nature of the universe, and the after-life. All of this without one shred of evidence, outside of a book full of mythology and 2000 yr old argument from authority?

I see what you mean . . . psychological projection can be a nasty one . . .

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

yeah, well i'm not done yet. i ain't owning other people's mistakes. don't try to pin them on me as a christian, i'm not your little voodoo doll, nor your scape goat, nor your sacred bull. i'm just me. an individual.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

The Nobel prize hasn't been awarded much longer than the last 100 years anyways....so I don't get your point...the first award was given in 1901...anyways...Let me make another point...

Jews make up about 22% of all Nobel Prize laureates...but they are only about 0.25% of the world population...Wrap your "religion=dumb" nonsense around that one....

A2D
edit on 17-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Artemise, while I respect your opinion....I want to ask you something...This is more of a challenge than a question though...

I want you to provide me one atheist or agnostic that can say "my life was changed when I became an atheist/agnostic....They may have been a prostitute, a drug dealer, a heroin junkie, a compulsive liar, a murderer, etc etc....For every ONE testimony you provide, I will provide 5 from Christians....

A2D

Every person who ever left a Christian cult. They were beaten ,shamed, starved..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Many people who left "cults" didn't become atheist or agnostic...they went to other churches....or atleast remain spiritual without subscribing to organised religion....and a handful I know have went agnostic...but I know NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON who became atheist...

Again, any 1 specific testimony of anyone with a morally changed life after becoming atheist/agnostic and I will provide 5 in return...

A2D
edit on 17-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The Jewish winners were in other fields such as peace and literature. I specified living winners in math and science.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'm talking about an organized religion. Not people who are spiritual and open to anything. Atheists are open to the concept of a god. If Jesus shows up on the whitehouse lawn every atheist will convert. We don't deny reality...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I was standing outside having a smoke the other day when 3 kids, probably 11-13 came walking down the street. They noticed a FSM (flying spaghetti monster) logo on the back of a car.

"Look! The flying spaghetti monster!"

"That's so cool, but I don't think I could ever buy one..."

Perhaps there is hope for our future after all.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

yeah, well i'm not done yet. i ain't owning other people's mistakes. don't try to pin them on me as a christian, i'm not your little voodoo doll, nor your scape goat, nor your sacred bull. i'm just me. an individual.

I could care less what you are . . . For the second time, I was never talking to YOU. And, I never claimed YOU did anything. The only reason YOU have been responded to, by me, is because YOU injected yourself into a response not directed at YOU. YOU are not "Christianity" and YOU do not speak for all Christians. So, when I am offering a critique of Christianity, if YOU are this offended . . . maybe it is because the truth hurts. If YOU clearly were not responsible for any of the things I mentioned, then the psychologically healthy response would have been to realize that I'm not talking to or about YOU.

It's like you have constructed a reverse straw man.

However, YOU seem to want to apply YOUR behavior to be indicative of representing the abstract ideology of Christianity . . . To which, I say, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. When you throw your hat into the ring with rapists, murders, and con-men . . . don't be surprised when the average joe assigns those qualities to you too.

And seek help . . . it's not all about YOU.

edit on 6/17/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I have seriously considered being a pastapharien!!! Lmao

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Many people who left "cults" didn't become atheist or agnostic...they went to other churches....or atleast remain spiritual without subscribing to organised religion....and a handful I know have went agnostic...but I know NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON who became atheist...

Again, any 1 specific testimony of anyone with a morally changed life after becoming atheist/agnostic and I will provide 5 in return...

A2D

But you asked for one example... I bet you tube is full of videos of abused children that legit extremist Christian compounds and went atheist. There's a testimonial on cracked right now if one!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but atheists are by definition not open to the concept of God...if they were they'd be agnostic...or atleast an agnostic atheist....

Atheism is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities, or more specifically, the direct position that THERE ARE NO DEITIES...

A2D

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No... It the position that there is no evidence for dieties. Agnostics assume there is but there's no evidence. Atheists assume there's not because there's no evidence for one.

Atheism is not a religion! We won't kill or die for atheism and we all will convert if science shows us otherwise.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

atheism

the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

atheism

a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

atheism

the belief that God does not exist

A2D

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'll start a thread and show you. If Jesus undenighably returns EVERY atheist will convert to Christianity. Atheists go by facts. If science is proven wrong about Christianity you won't have "creationism" type cults pop up who refuse to believe in the obvious... Strangely tho I bet you would have religious organizations deny it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

then don't address it to "christians" if you don't expect individual christians to respond to the blanket statement. you should know better than that, as you are supposedly a critic of bigotry. start with yourself. i don't have any problem with you or your world view, provided it doesn't include you explaining how "christians" are like evil epitomized. don't make me pull out the heavy artillery.

p.s. and by heavy artillery i mean a list of your own sins.
edit on 17-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You can start a thread and poll atheists all day long....It doesn't matter to me...

If there is even a doubt as to whether God does or does not exist...they are not atheist.
The only way one can be ATHEIST...is if you stand firm that a deity DOES NOT EXIST.
If they even allow for the possibility..then they are agnostic...or again, an agnostic atheist.

You can't argue this with anyone. That's the point of definitions...They make a standard for everyone to follow...That is what the word means...If it doesn't mean that to you, it doesn't mean the definition is wrong, it means your understanding is wrong.

A2D

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join