It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians should protest something that matters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Grrrr, I don't care much for Bush either, but she*t kids what about 40 bil in EI surplus that went "poof ". It�s barely touched on in the news. If we Canadians could only go out and protest about the corruption in our own government perhaps we might get a leader we're proud of. Damn look at those Ukrainians , their freezing out there , but at lease they use thier energies more productively. Deal with Bush is here for another 4 years. Damn it, I�m proud of being a Canadian, but hell we aint perfect, and our government has some serious issues. As for the Ukrainians, they should be a role model for both Canadians and Americans, a people who crave true democratic reform and end of corruption in their governments.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
Grrrr, I don't care much for Bush either, but she*t kids what about 40 bil in EI surplus that went "poof ". It�s barely touched on in the news. If we Canadians could only go out and protest about the corruption in our own government perhaps we might get a leader we're proud of. Damn look at those Ukrainians , their freezing out there , but at lease they use thier energies more productively. Damn it, I�m proud of being a Canadian, but hell we aint perfect, and our government has some serious issues. As for the Ukrainians, they should be a role model for both Canadians and Americans, a people who crave true democratic reform and end of corruption in their government.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I feel your pain. I've been on EI for two months now, and they're going to make a lot of money with me... Me and my employer paid about $8,000 into it over the past five years, and I expect a return of maybe $2,000... if I'm lucky. The rules are so harsh that you have no choice but to wish you get back on the job market as soon as possible. And if you're honest, you get had... I finished my job on October 1st, but still had about 15 hours I owed my employer. On my first EI declaration, I declared them, since they asked... and I wanted to be honest. Even though I tried to explain to them that I'd already been paid for those 15 hours BEFORE I even filed for unemployment, they insisted I declare the value of that work... and they cut that amount ($380) off my first cheque.

So it's no mystery how they achieved that surplus... what is indeed a mystery is how it vanished.

join