It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: alldaylong
You tell total Bull #. If you have then you are suffering feckin shell shock with your ludicrous comments.

Lol ok, There is a reason ISAF patch stands for "I Saw Americans Fighting" or "I Suck At Fighting" it is very well known that the coalition do not leave their little safe haven bases, while Americans are deeply embedded with Afghan troops at the tip of the fighting.

Hell, go to a German/Spanish/Italian bases and you would think you stepped into Europe with all the time and effort they put into them, and that is about all they do.

So you where posting on ATS while you where in Afghanistan?

You are loaded with bull # mate. In fact your a disgrace to those soldiers who REALLY where over there. Hang you head in shame

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I beg to differ. The invasion of the Middle East was America's attempt at empire.

This is utter effing nonsense.

What is going on in the middle east has been due to imperial aspirations.

Of the House of Saud, and the House of Iran

And it goes to show some people really need to open up a history book at see just how long that little dance has been going on.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What is going on in the middle east has been due to imperial aspirations.

Of the House of Saud, and the House of Iran

Please explain how the second invasion of Iraq, on the pretext of Saddam having WMD's (which he didn't) was the fault or doing of the House of Saud and the House of Iran?

I'm not the one talking "effing nonsense" mate.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You are loaded with bull # mate. In fact your a disgrace to those soldiers who REALLY where over there. Hang you head in shame

Lol, what are you talking about? We have internet in Afghanistan....

Here is a nice picture of the Queens Palace in Kabul I took a couple of weeks ago...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Lol, what are you talking about? We have internet in Afghanistan....

Here is a nice picture of the Queens Palace in Kabul I took a couple of weeks ago...

I have read your posts from a month plus ago.

You where no more in Afghanistan than i was.

I have done with you, i hate liars.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Please explain how the second invasion of Iraq, on the pretext of Saddam having WMD's (which he didn't) was the fault or doing of the House of Saud and the House of Iran?

There were more reasons than just wmd but why the hell let facts get in the way of that demagogic argument that was designed for no reason than to put the current American leadership in power.

The resolution cited many factors to justify the use of military force against Iraq:[2][3] Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors. Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region." Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population." Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people". Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War. Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq. Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations. Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers. The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them. The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism. The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement. The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq." The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

en.wikipedia.org...

And everything that was said up there has come to pass, In Syria. and now Iraq.

WMD''s were used in Syria, hell they were making their own there.

Never heard of AQ that was created by Saudis Wahhabists ?

Never heard of Hamas, and Hezbolah that was created by the Shia . Iran ?

Yeah anyone blaming the US doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The title of the thread is "How will the world remember America?" and I believe I have satisfactorily answered that question. I'm sorry if my answer offends you, or your patriotism, but I'm just calling it like I see it and judging by the amount of stars my first post has there are many others who agree with me.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: neo96

The title of the thread is "How will the world remember America?" and I believe I have satisfactorily answered that question. I'm sorry if my answer offends you, or your patriotism, but I'm just calling it like I see it and judging by the amount of stars my first post has there are many others who agree with me.

Thought it was rather clear just exactly what was being argued

Does it need to be quoted again ?

I beg to differ. The invasion of the Middle East was America's attempt at empire.

That was a flat out lie.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I have read your posts from a month plus ago.
You where no more in Afghanistan than i was.
I have done with you, i hate liars.

I don't know what bothers me more you calling me a liar or someone staring your post. Go back and read my posts over the last month and a number of times I mentioned I was in Afghanistan...

I'm sorry our debate headed in this direction, but ya I guess we are kind of off OP now...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You kind of imply that we are not going to be around in the near future when the answer is who the hell knows. Give us another 500 years and we will most definitely add to the list of remembrance.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well then guys we need to stop bullying these poor peasants. And back off.
They love China ?let China EAT em,We are nasty evil anti Muslims? Fine YOU GO FIX IRAQ.
We didn't break it Saddam was getting buggy into Saudi so we set him up for a fall...after Clinton The country broke away from nominal function and it has been a steady downhill road since. But I am not dead so we are still alive and well.

I would LOVE to see the rest of the world do OUR job.Liberals globally can bitch at you,your uninformed political hacks can attack YOUR warriors by IGNORING history ( what they haven't altered anyway)and you will have ALL of your asses handed to you. You got no money ,hands or weapons,tech or capability of command on our level. When trouble hits,you DIE very effectively.Yes we are aggressive,YES WE ARE PRIDEFUL,and that is because YOU need US this way in order to function on a global arena.
THAT is FREE THINKING and it's value never a caste or king. We have banks. THEY are Empirical ,THEY want control globally but there isn't much they can do to finalize a damn thing because of BUBBA and his collections of Ar15s. I am sure Obama is doing his best but...no.
Half of these opinions would easily amended when a bullet whizzes by.
edit on 16-6-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well then guys we need to stop bullying these poor peasants.

Here is a classic example of why many of us find it hard to like Americans as a people. When you go around calling the rest of us "peasants" do you really think we are going to give you the respect you so loudly demand?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Every empire is remembered for its inventiveness its brutality and its decadence in equal measure the last great empire was the British empire remembered as the birthplace of the industrial revolution its brutal exploitation of native peoples and the opulent lifestyles of its upper classes.

America will be remembered as the birthplace of the information revolution its brutal military adventures to secure resources and its citizens insatiable need for consumption.

Quite how China will be remembered is hard to guess maybe people will look back at the Chinese empire and say they were industrious & determined but lacked regard for the individual and decimated their environment in the rush to rise to power.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

give you the respect you so loudly demand?

There is where I think you are mistaken, I really do not think the typical American cares what Europe thinks of us. We are a long way away from you with very little interconnections, so you view of America really doesn't matter.

I have lived in France, Germany and Japan and I'll not trade my lifestyle now back in the old US of A for any of those again. You just do not know what you are missing...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianporter

America will be remembered as the birthplace of the information revolution its brutal military adventures to secure resources and its citizens insatiable need for consumption.

I have to say I agree with this

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Every empire is remembered for its inventiveness its brutality and its decadence in equal measure the last great empire was the British empire remembered as the birthplace of the industrial revolution its brutal exploitation of native peoples and the opulent lifestyles of its upper classes.

Quite how China will be remembered is hard to guess maybe people will look back at the Chinese empire and say they were industrious & determined but lacked regard for the individual and decimated their environment in the rush to rise to power.

You are spot on if everything ended today, so what say you about Europe... might as well add them

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There is where I think you are mistaken, I really do not think the typical American cares what Europe thinks of us. We are a long way away from you with very little interconnections, so you view of America really doesn't matter.

But that's exactly my point mate, Americans can go around calling the rest of the world things like "peasants" and not give a damn about our reaction - and therein lies the crux of the problem, being sheer arrogance.

That translates on a larger stage when America goes around the world doing as it damn well pleases and doesn't give a stuff about what the rest of us think.

Americans might think arrogance is a good trait but the rest of do not, hence why it is only Americans that will look back fondly on America while the rest of us will be breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to put up with that nonsense any more.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Since WE don't understand the term,it's meaning to you as a people or your perception of mine apparently ,I would say YOU have an inability to separate SEMANTIC EUPHEMISM due to limited critical thinking.
WE ARE NOT THE LORDS of the planet and don't want it. The FRIGGIN bankers do, they are a non governmental threat ,similar to the Islamic one.We are nasty ,ruthless ,killers at war .It seems to bother people but it gets the job done.NO ONE in history is as considerate to the local populace DURING open war either. We are EXPERTS at destroying any country we want but we have NO BUSINESS occupying a DAMN thing.So when will you boys down under clean up that mess in the MI ...unless YOU want to sort out China but you will be KILLED defending others rights so...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

so what say you about Europe...

Everybody forgets Australia....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

America will be remembered as the birthplace of the information revolution

How does that weigh up with The World Wide Web being originated at C.E.R.N. Switzerland by a Briton?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join