It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Kryties
well they ask us to leave, then the poo hits the fan they ask us to come back, we donated food and goods and are still hated, if we do help a nation in turmoil we are damned, if we don't help the nation in dire straights we are damned.

You forget to mention that much of the time the US created the problem in the first place.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Opinions only your opinion. BTW, what bastion of freedom and harmony do you come from?

Australia, as is stated under my avatar, albeit upside-down.

link   
America= Rome !

Yeah we are.

The barbarian hordes are at the gate, and our Nero plays the fiddle while we are burning.

We will go out with a whimper.

Because in stead of that 'hope, and change' we got a 'hype and shame'.
edit on 16-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: alldaylong
Are you mad? Or do you just believe those American History books you read.
After The Battle Of Britain ( that was 1940 by the way) Britain was never in danger of being "Over run by the Nazi's" Britain was taking the fight to Hitler you darn fool.

Do you still believe that America invented The World Wide Web? That must be in those same American History books you have been reading.

Right, so you were taking "taking the fight to Hitler" by taking it on that famous stiff upper lip? One example

Link

Hundreds of German warplanes begin bombing London every night for 57 nights in attacks that will continue until May 1941. More than 40,000 people will die in the Blitz as Londoners call the air raid campaign.
Germany, Italy, and Japan sign a treaty (the Tripartite Pact) that makes the three countries allies against England and France. The treaty is also seen as a warning to the United States: Stop helping England and France. (The United States had traded 50 old destroyers to England in exchange for naval and air bases in the Western Hemisphere.)

If you have a better and credible reference I invite you to give it to back up you emotional and weak assertion.

Internet? Here you go: Link

First network equipment

Leonard Kleinrock standing next to IMPAugust 29, 1969 the first network switch and the first piece of network equipment called "IMP", which is short for (Interface Message Processor) is sent to UCLA. On September 2, 1969 the first data moves from UCLA host to the switch. In the picture is Leonard Kleinrock next to the IMP.
The first message and network crash

On Friday October 29, 1969 at 10:30 p.m., the first Internet message was sent from computer science Professor Leonard KleinRock's laboratory at UCLA, after the second piece of network equipment was installed at SRI. This connection not only enabled the first transmission to be made, but is also considered the first Internet backbone.

Again, you are invited to provide a differing reference.

Yes you are mad.

Germany bombed Britain. Britain bombed Germany twice as hard.

Sir Tim Berners-Lee inventor of The World Wide Web

en.wikipedia.org...

Throw those American history books in the dust bin

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: zatara

I can't quite make out what the symbol is mate, is it a snake wrapped around a pole?

Okay, the thing hanging on those walls is a fasces and stands as a symbol for fascism.

The word fascism is rooted in the Latin word fasces, a Roman object made of wooden rods tightly bound by red, overlapping straps. At the top, or occasionally in the middle, of the fasces was an axe head. The bound wooden rods represented strength through unity and the axe represented the means by which authority was exerted by the unified entity. In addition to being used as a weapon by Roman authorities, the fasces was a key symbol on government buildings of the Roman empire. The symbolism of the fasces is significant. The wooden rod represents the weak individual whose sole contribution is to provide strength to the unified object, in this case the State. The axe head, unsurprisingly, represents the force with which the State will ensure its survival.

Source: The Dollar Vigilante Blog HERE

There are many ways to explain fascism and best thing is that you read about it yourself and form one's judgement/conclusion.

edit on 16/6/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I know what fascism is mate, I just couldn't make out what the image was exactly

If, indeed, they are fascist symbols on those walls then it is indeed very worrying.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: simsumre

I'm not even sure there'd be a world without me.

Are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I know what fascism is mate, I just couldn't make out what the image was exactly

If, indeed, they are fascist symbols on those walls then it is indeed very worrying.

That is the comment I was waiting for in this thread... glad that someone this about the USA noticed.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I beg to differ. The invasion of the Middle East was America's attempt at empire.

Really? You are suggesting that we could not just keep it all if that was our desire.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

He would have probably ended up the same way as Hitler did.
2nd

By who? A war torn and very weary Britain/Russia or the other already defeated nations?.. Hitler didn't have an untouched war machine, with weapon advancement on over drive and of course nukes.

It is easy to suggest America is not that powerful and the reason we never decided to own the world was because we didn't have the strength to do it. With that said there is always a price to pay, but in this case the world should be thankful we are not willing to pay it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is America going somewhere? Is this some sort of veiled threat? Prediction? Based on what exactly?

It's not over yet.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Is America going somewhere? Is this some sort of veiled threat? Prediction? Based on what exactly?

It's not over yet.

I will bet that Europe fails before America does, the EU is already failing as they tried to unite all of Europe to just barely match America. All these little countries acting like big ones...hehe its not the 1700s anymore..

Death drums are already beating in Europe and they don't even know it...Declining population with an increase in the over all age of the population. Give Europe another 20 years and it will be made up of 60% plus of old retirees all talking about the good old days as the cities rust away. Not to mention Britain will be under Sharia Law with The PM, Cabinet and Ministers mostly Muslim. Might even see the beheading of the royal family to stop that infidel line, so I wouldn't be too focused on America's future trials and tribulations...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
America will be remembered in two parts.

First it will be remembered for the Revolutionary war, the rugged individualism, Cowboys and John Wayne, our part in WW2 and how we became a shining beacon in the world for freedom, justice and liberty. We really were amazing!

Then it will turn to today and where we are headed. America will then be remembered as the founding nation of corporatism. Our military industrial complex and food giants gained control of the world in an easy subversive way until corporations ruled the world and captialism became the new communism.

But my hope is that there will be a third act, where once again we break the shackles and free ourselves and the world...but who knows if we'll ever get there.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

He would have probably ended up the same way as Hitler did.
2nd

By who? A war torn and very weary Britain/Russia or the other already defeated nations?.. Hitler didn't have an untouched war machine, with weapon advancement on over drive and of course nukes.

It is easy to suggest America is not that powerful and the reason we never decided to own the world was because we didn't have the strength to do it. With that said there is always a price to pay, but in this case the world should be thankful we are not willing to pay it.

Do you think i post before i have done my research?

theoldhack.hubpages.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So are you agreeing with me?

Brits are funny, they play a little war and think that they actually make a difference. I spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan, just got back 2 days ago as example, I know exactly how Brits fight, or not fight....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It's not over yet.

I will bet that Europe fails before America does, the EU is already failing as they tried to unite all of Europe to just barely match America. All these little countries acting like big ones...hehe its not the 1700s anymore..

Death drums are already beating in Europe and they don't even know it...Declining population with an increase in the over all age of the population. Give Europe another 20 years and it will be made up of 60% plus of old retirees all talking about the good old days as the cities rust away. Not to mention Britain will be under Sharia Law with The PM, Cabinet and Ministers mostly Muslim. Might even see the beheading of the royal family to stop that infidel line, so I wouldn't be too focused on America's future trials and tribulations...

The whole of The U.S. will be speaking Spanish as their first language long before Britain comes under Sharia Law.

2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Word of God says that there will be singing once Amerika/Babylon is gone (Isaiah 14:7) and they will ask the Question "Where is their God"? (Joel 2:17). The merchants who made tons of money (and lost tons) will weep at her passing. The poor will rejoice and celebrate the almighty hand of Gods INDIGNATION against the Abomination. Hell itself will come to observe it's fall and be amazed that it came to the same fate as all the other supposed "great" civilizations.
And what will have been learned from all of this? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, because mankind will continue down the path of ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the TRUTH.

War, what is it good for...absolutely nothing. Say it again!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So are you agreeing with me?

Brits are funny, they play a little war and think that they actually make a difference. I spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan, just got back 2 days ago as example, I know exactly how Brits fight, or not fight....

Just got back from Afghanistan?

You tell total Bull #. If you have then you are suffering feckin shell shock with your ludicrous comments.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The whole of The U.S. will be speaking Spanish as their first language long before Britain comes under Sharia Law.
2nd

I guess we have a little wager then...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You tell total Bull #. If you have then you are suffering feckin shell shock with your ludicrous comments.

Lol ok, There is a reason ISAF patch stands for "I Saw Americans Fighting" or "I Suck At Fighting" it is very well known that the coalition do not leave their little safe haven bases, while Americans are deeply embedded with Afghan troops at the tip of the fighting.

Hell, go to a German/Spanish/Italian bases and you would think you stepped into Europe with all the time and effort they put into them, and that is about all they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join