It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I believe the golden age was the 50's. But I think there were some moments in the 60's, 70.s and 80's too. Around the early 90's is when I think it all went to crap. I think instead of being remembered for the good things, we shall be remembered for America brandishing her weapons against the world and stealing their natural resources. What people need to understand is that it was the gov and it's minions, NOT the people. They stole from us and brandished their weapons against us, too.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I believe the golden age was the 50's. But I think there were some moments in the 60's, 70.s and 80's too. Around the early 90's is when I think it all went to crap. I think instead of being remembered for the good things, we shall be remembered for America brandishing her weapons against the world and stealing their natural resources. What people need to understand is that it was the gov and it's minions, NOT the people. They stole from us and brandished their weapons against us, too.

I seem to recall that last time the people of the 13 Colonies where not happy with the government, they had a revolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: simsumre

As someone who is not American, I (and many others) view America as the worlds bully. America is so interested only in whats good for America that it has come at the expense of the rest of the world. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing about how good "The Great and Almighty America" is when we look in at you guys in bewilderment at the way you treat your own citizens and the rest of the world with utter disregard for anything but your own selfish needs. The "American" drive to be successful at all costs, and the each man for himself mentality, has created a complete mess out of what was once a promising and great country.

I was going to stay out of this thread but, but the love for my country keeps me from sitting quiet while the desires of some is to see us fall. If find the idea of a collapsing America and the glee in watching it happen, ironic because the same people that wish for the fall are to short sighted to see the inner working connections with all of the world's financial systems. The majority of the world uses the currency of America as the reserve currency of the world. That means all currency's and their value are based on the American dollar and its relationship to establish their own currency's value in buying things like oil. Now I will grant you there is governments and even drug cartels of the world actively working towards getting out of this reserve to speed up and ensure the fall of the dollar. Those with the gleeful desire will soon find themselves in the same collapsing boat when it strikes the rocks and ignorantly blame the US because their government and themselves didn't prepare. I won't feel sorry for you, because you were not involved enough in the running of your own country to know it was going to happen.

What bothers me more than anything is wanting to see failure on our part, in reality it is jealousy that makes it this way, because we are such a great nation, even as we falter with debt, our seemingly lack of foreign policy, and the ever increasing oppression of its citizens you take glee in this. You see we never want to see you and your country fail, in fact most of time we give you money and try to help you succeed. Yeah there might be strings but hey do you give money to anyone without strings? We have wealthy individuals in this country that support countries and citizens without even so much as a thanks. We supply medical, medicine, labor, blood, and money, training, all over the world for free. Our hearts are large and yet you desire failure. It will be your failure as well in not helping us when we were down. When America collapses the third world countries will be even worse than now, there will be no super power to protect your back when things go crazy. You will be on your own.

For years and years never have I seen an embassy with a thank you sign for the billions our country citizens have toiled over to provide for someone like Egypt who got just over 1.5 billion dollars. Ask any US citizen if they feel like they ever got any hint of a thank you for helping another country. in 56 years I have never seen a sign, and news blurb, advertising 30 second spot saying thanks. We take your citizens, feed them, give them money, and a place to live. Any Hispanics saying thanks? No just demand more, expect special printing in their language, and additional freebies. When a tsunami hits your country who's aircraft carrier shows up, with food water, and helicopters and medical aid?

American hearts are the biggest, their wallets the fullest, their minds the sharpest. Without our freedoms you couldn't have or enjoy many things this country and it's incredible technology have created in your country. As you type your response to this, remember the computer you use came from American free minds, the internet from free minds, the complete technology to communicate came from here. Now when you're done for the day and head out to dinner remember where gasoline came from, mass production of cars, traffic lights, and pretty much everything you use to travel, came from here. If you live in a European nation it is because of America you don't respond to this post in German. If you are an Aussie you could be speaking Japanese right now if it wasn't for America. I not saying nobody helped I am just saying we could have sat by and did nothing but we didn't we put our blood and money on the line for other countries.

This just scratches the surface of American hearts and minds, and yet you wait with glee for us to fail. When there is anything wrong in the world Americans are told to think globally and act locally. We are told to give our money, and make changes to our economy first as an example to the rest of the world. I have yet to see a news report with doctors from other countries here to help our poor for free. It's our fault the world is polluted, our fault there is turmoil, our fault there is poor, it is our fault Africa is the way it is. I say without America it would be much worse, way worse.

So when you sit with glee waiting for us to fail remember how inextricably we are connected in a symbiotic financial relationship. How the quality of life has risen because of the minds of America, the citizens of the world have been often times saved, because of America, and many times evil has been crushed because of our might for your protection. All without ever so much as a thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I was waiting for it, and it has arrived in your post. You didn't fail me.
America saved Europe, America saved Australia etc etc.
No America didn't do any of those things. It was just one part of a larger overall combination of military superiority. Unless you want to state the opposite?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

There is no 'glee' involved. Stop using catchphrases to make it seem worse than it is, and stop trying for the sympathy vote.

Fact is as long as America loudly proclaims to the world how exceptional it is, and how powerful it has become, then the rest of us are going to criticize what we see as utter hypocrisy. If you don't like hearing criticism, stop doing the thing that causes us to criticize. Simple.

Drink some concrete and harden up.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

great post

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I guess we will see how bad us Americans are when the world crawls on its knees begging us for help when something bad happens, like they always do.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I guess we will see how bad us Americans are when the world crawls on its knees begging us for help when something bad happens, like they always do.

More American propaganda with no basis in fact whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

As someone who is not American, I (and many others) view America as the worlds bully. America is so interested only in whats good for America that it has come at the expense of the rest of the world. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing about how good "The Great and Almighty America" is when we look in at you guys in bewilderment at the way you treat your own citizens and the rest of the world with utter disregard for anything but your own selfish needs. The "American" drive to be successful at all costs, and the each man for himself mentality, has created a complete mess out of what was once a promising and great country.

We just happen to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Every other country is the same or worst than us, and the only difference is we can project and they can not.

Be happy with the way we are, even if you are sick of it, for if we were like a bunch of other countries we might be 150 United States instead of 50. We are the only big kid on the block that has not wanted a world empire...as England, France, Spain, Japan, Germany, Russia, China and about 100 other want-a-be's... all have tried or wanted to do...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Of course it is completely sane to say you know the rest of the worlds viewpoint and can speak for them....*rolls eyes*

Yes. Totally not bat $hi+ crazy.

Keep up the delusional work!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
We are the only big kid on the block that has not wanted a world empire...as England, France, Spain, Japan, Germany, Russia, China and about 100 other want-a-be's... all have tried or wanted to do...

I beg to differ. The invasion of the Middle East was America's attempt at empire.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: Kryties

Of course it is completely sane to say you know the rest of the worlds viewpoint and can speak for them....*rolls eyes*

Yes. Totally not bat $hi+ crazy.

Keep up the delusional work!

No, never said that at all. Stop putting words into my mouth please.

An indicator, though, would be to look at how many people starred that post, being quite a few people agreeing with me on this site alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We are the only big kid on the block that has not wanted a world empire...as England, France, Spain, Japan, Germany, Russia, China and about 100 other want-a-be's... all have tried or wanted to do...

I beg to differ. The invasion of the Middle East was America's attempt at empire.

You know it and I know it, if America wants to take over a country we sure as hell can.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You know it and I know it, if America wants to take over a country we sure as hell can.

Which brings me back to my original point of America being the worlds bully

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We just happen to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Every other country is the same or worst than us, and the only difference is we can project and they can not.

Be happy with the way we are, even if you are sick of it, for if we were like a bunch of other countries we might be 150 United States instead of 50. We are the only big kid on the block that has not wanted a world empire...as England, France, Spain, Japan, Germany, Russia, China and about 100 other want-a-be's... all have tried or wanted to do...

Britain did have a world empire.
One third of planet Earth to be exact.
Britain was a "doer" not a "talker"

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Fact is as long as America loudly proclaims to the world how exceptional it is, and how powerful it has become, then the rest of us are going to criticize what we see as utter hypocrisy. If you don't like hearing criticism, stop doing the thing that causes us to criticize. Simple.

Don't get me wrong America has a lot of faults, but when we look at those faults and lay them side by side with other countries with those same faults we say phew...glad we are not as bad as them, and as bad as other countries are America is always the one highlighted... I guess it is our burden to bare, because for some reason the world expects more from us, so you might get sick from our self proclaim exceptionalism (what country doesn't do the same?) the world expects us to be always better.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just hear a lot of jealousy.
Have fun all

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I just hear a lot of jealousy.
Have fun all

That's a cop out. This isn't about being jealous, but if you wish to think that to make yourself feel a little better then be my guest.

Oh and thanks for completely proving my original point.

edit on 16/6/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join