It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What can we learn from this?

There are exceptions to every rule and instance.

AND most importantly, when the people that are doing the study or research, they will miss or ignore facts that do not fit their preconceived ideas, conclusions, or plans.

Oop's

a reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
It was you and kryties that went down this road when you trash talked America. I am not going to let it stand this country has done more good for the world than anyone else,

Still trying to paint me as an "America Hater" even after I have pointed out what I meant by my posts multiple times throughout this thread?

Poor form mate, and it stinks of you just stomping your feet and crying foul because someone said something bad to you.

BTW, claiming America has done more for the world than anyone else also stinks of you wearing rose-colored glasses and ignoring what the rest of the world has done.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: thesaneone
Nothing would make me happier then having America isolate herself from the rest of the world just so we can sit back and listen to the rest of the world cry and beg for our help and when we ignore the cries for help then we can read on ATS how mean we are for not helping.

Point is no matter what we do or don't do other countries will always hate America and for no other reason then jealousy.

You're probably right.....

Anyone who thinks Churchill would have asked for help if he didn't need it is a fool. He was one of the strongest leaders in history, he liked to say he wooed Roosevelt into the war. Churchill was an intellectual giant compared to Roosevelt. He would have never asked if he didn't need it. How he and Roosevelt actually got us into the war is yet another conspiracy.

Churchill knew that American as well as British interests where under threat from Nazi Germany. Why should Britain alone take the fight to Nazi's.Churchill wanted The U.S. to make a fair contribution in defeating Hitler. Only problem is the American's charged for it.

Probably the only "Charge" they made throughout the war

Both US and Canada loaned England money but not until after the war, US 6 billion if I am not mistaken and Canada 1.5 or so. Amazing enough your country made the final payment in 2006, no hurry we are just across the pond. You received our goods and blood during the war for FREE. (that means no charge) We loaned you money for rebuilding and leftover military items you wanted to keep.

As far as the internet and the World Wide Web, the internet is the hardware and the www is the protocols only a small portion of the net today although the contribution important. In the US we were sending emails from college to college before anyone even had an idea of the protocols required to create the WWW. The internet was created by DARPA as a means to communicate between missile silos incase one connection was severed there could still be communications to launch.

So yes you can claim the web, but it's kind of like we invented the car and you added a steering wheel when we were already steering with a wrench. The internet was established and functional before the WWW protocols were invented. Never mind the computer to run the whole shebang or would you like to claim those as well?

Now are you to tell me, (we should start at the beginning ) with German uboats sending english iron to meet davey jones without the american navy you would be fine? That shipping and the queens navy would be fine without Americans? Because of the technology to detect german subs and the American tactics to attack the subs English naval warfare was spared from having more iron on the bottom than was available on the island.

So you're saying we got into the war so we could make a fair contribution to fight the nazi's and we chagred you for it? We lost the pretty much same amount of people you did about 450K because it was a fair contribution on our part? Again we were not threatened by the Nazi's it was you that asked for help and it wasn't for a fair contribution. If we had charged you for the war effort based on your payment progress for 6 billion loan to rebuild we would still be waiting for repayment.

More delusional rubbish from our American friends i see.

1) Yes the WWW was put on top of the internet. Just like The U.S. was put on top of the 13 colonies.

2) No. Britain didn't depend on U.S. technology to detect U Boats. Britain had her own thanks very much

en.wikipedia.org...

3) Yes. Britain can claim The Computer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry to burst your bubble old boy.

Colossus is taking some serious liberty with the phrase computer, I think Konrad Zuse might have something to say about it. With the interchangeable wheels it really is nothing more than a very large calculator. No disrespect to the inventors but really, computer? Besides if the colossus was so good why didn't Nasa use it for astronomical calculations? Lets not forget, if you want to take credit for colossus you have to give the polish mathematicians a little credit don't you think?

Sorry but the inventor of underwater detection for subs was all American. Read Battle of the Atlantic

It always amazes me the 13 colonies come up, some people never let go, but you got in a spot of trouble there too old boy. Yeah those farmers were a tough lot. Let alone an industrial bunch with roughly 5 times the GDP than the UK.

Hardly rubbish

There are two versions of world history.
The American version.
The real version.

I see you take you events of world history from the American version.
I would bet you didn't even read those links i posted. If you did, you would see that they are in complete opposite to what you have stated.

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Actually I did read your articles, they all originate in the same place wikipedia. So I extended the same courtesy of which it is obvious you didn't read. It's ok I do most from memory of things I have read not wikipedia. It was you and kryties that went down this road when you trash talked America. I am not going to let it stand this country has done more good for the world than anyone else, and for you not to recognise the American sacrifice in blood and money only shows your lack of history or more likely your disdain for our success.

Please explain to me how The U.S. has done more good for the world than anyone else? I could say exactly the same for Great Britain, and i wouldn't be exaggerating with that remark.
Let us not forget, The U.S. only exists because of Great Britain. God knows what your country would be like if it had developed from the Spanish or French.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
America was once a wonderful place to live in. Christian and family values were strong. Families stayed together. Not today. Families are being destroyed out right, especially white Christian families that hold this country together.

Through race mixing and multiculturalism, America is completely dead. Without having the white Christian families in America (they will all be eradicated), America is turning into a cess pool of unholiness.

Trans genderisim, homosexuality, rampant consumerism, narcissism, lack of self awareness, dehumanization and demoralization are acting as a leech and sucking everything good out of this country.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29
America was once a wonderful place to live in. Christian and family values were strong. Families stayed together. Not today. Families are being destroyed out right, especially white Christian families that hold this country together.

Through race mixing and multiculturalism, America is completely dead. Without having the white Christian families in America (they will all be eradicated), America is turning into a cess pool of unholiness.

Trans genderisim, homosexuality, rampant consumerism, narcissism, lack of self awareness, dehumanization and demoralization are acting as a leech and sucking everything good out of this country.

I stopped at race mixing.

Everybody is is free to their own opinion but please leave this kind of opinion to yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: simsumre

Honestly I think you might be looking at the 50s with a distorted view.. lets not forget the issues of the time..

1. The cold war and fear of nuclear attacks that could happen at any moment
2. Racism
3. Extreme sexism
4. The Korean war
5. The economy was not strong then either
6. Gang violence
7. Diseases like scarlet fever, the measles and smallpox were fairly widespread
8. Organized crime was on the rise
9. The Vietnam war which would go on for nearly 20 years

The list goes on, many of the same issues we have today existed in the 50s as well .. it's just that people were reveling in the end of world war 2 .. We tend to see the 50s through the lense of old black and white movies that show teens partying it up in poodle skirts, or old tv shows that show a happy fun family in perfect neighborhoods with white picket fences =)

Heck I actually think the 20s might have been a better time period..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am saddened by what I see in America.

Even basic math skills. I saw a nurse in Mexico trying to hang an IV. They don't use bags, as they can recycle something a little more substantial (like a plastic that is thicker). And the IV equipment didn't work properly. So they just did the math on the drip, and set it up without the machines.

My wife, a nurse, commented on how nurses "back home" in the US would have been unable to do the simple math to set up a drip.

It gets worse than that. Things you would think are simple and basic, people just don't have the skills. Simple things like tracking your hours and pay to keep the boss honest, or calculating tax. Or netting out tax. Very simple, very basic math skills that should be learned in high school before graduation.

Are we capable of more? Certainly. But we are underachievers, living off the laurels of our fathers and grandfathers.

Not that I disagree with this, but I've gotta say... it's not like that for everyone in the US. Yes, there are a lot of idiots running around. But to group an entire country together on an intellectual level and infer that it is, in its entirety, stupid? That's crossing the line.

Be weary of generalizations.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29

So let me get this straight, you're basically saying America was wonderful until white people slept with non-white people and also because of the homosexuals? And you're saying it's the white christians who were responsible for keeping the peace and tranquility .. essentially helping to keep America "wonderful" .. I'm just trying to break it down.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have yet to see a country that can cast a stone about another without striking its own fragile glass wall first.

That being said.. I think all world countries are on a precipice at this time, who knows what anyone will be saying about any of these countries in the future.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TwiTcHomatic
I have yet to see a country that can cast a stone about another without striking its own fragile glass wall first.

That being said.. I think all world countries are on a precipice at this time, who knows what anyone will be saying about any of these countries in the future.

It's not the first time that has happened and it certainly won't be the last. It seems to be cyclical .. The middle east has been at war for thousands of years... I can't think of a time when the region as a whole was at peace.. We've had two world wars, there was also the fall of the roman empire..

It's like a pressure cooker where conflicts arise, tensions are high and then boom, the powers collide... after that the pieces settle and there's a period of calm... After WW2 for example, people were much happier for a period of time until the threat of nuclear war started looming..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

Please get back on topic this is only about how evil America is and not about the positives.

End sarcasm.

If you want the positive go to this thread

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If you live in a European nation it is because of America you don't respond to this post in German.

And because of the UK!

We played a equal part in that. And we don't get thanks either, worse ignored!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Oh yes we were involved long before boots hit the ground. Still waiting for thank you.

We are still waiting for our thank you from you guys. Both put in equal effort both should thank each other.

UK did it fair share of fighting we shouldn't be begging like subservient puppies.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nothing would make me happier then having America isolate herself from the rest of the world just so we can sit back and listen to the rest of the world cry and beg for our help and when we ignore the cries for help then we can read on ATS how mean we are for not helping.

Point is no matter what we do or don't do other countries will always hate America and for no other reason then jealousy.

You're probably right.....

Anyone who thinks Churchill would have asked for help if he didn't need it is a fool. He was one of the strongest leaders in history, he liked to say he wooed Roosevelt into the war. Churchill was an intellectual giant compared to Roosevelt. He would have never asked if he didn't need it. How he and Roosevelt actually got us into the war is yet another conspiracy.

Well why did Bush ask Blair to back the USA up in Iraq and Afghanistan?

USA wasn't losing but help just made things easier.

By 1941 Britain had beaten back the Germans. USA was just needed for sorting the rest of Europe out.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you think i post before i have done my research?
theoldhack.hubpages.com...

So are you agreeing with me?

Brits are funny, they play a little war and think that they actually make a difference. I spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan, just got back 2 days ago as example, I know exactly how Brits fight, or not fight....

Nice way of pissing on the graves of all those Brits who died in the place of Americans over there....

And you wonder why people resent you?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

[You just do not know what you are missing...
[/quote

Type 2 diabetes

Sorry couldn't help....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Brits are funny, they play a little war and think that they actually make a difference. I spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan, just got back 2 days ago as example, I know exactly how Brits fight, or not fight....

Nice way of pissing on the graves of all those Brits who died in the place of Americans over there....

I bet our American "Hero" wouldn't have the courage to say that to these chaps face to face.

www.military.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I bet our American "Hero" wouldn't have the courage to say that to these chaps face to face.

www.military.com...

I know.

Sure "IF" he was in Afghanistan recently he wouldn't have seen many Brits as we withdraw most of the troops a few months ago. think all we have there are support personal.

But when we ere there we held a good portion of Afghanistan and Iraq relative to our sides and took a similar rate of causalities to the USA.

But from the majority of REAL and decent Americans servicemen I have meet they are not so dismissive.

Hell if the UK armed forces were so bad I doubt the USAF would let us fly there B-2''s

If we are talking real fighters though we should talk about the Australians in Vietnam compared to there American counterparts.....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

As someone who is not American, I (and many others) view America as the worlds bully. America is so interested only in whats good for America that it has come at the expense of the rest of the world. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing about how good "The Great and Almighty America" is when we look in at you guys in bewilderment at the way you treat your own citizens and the rest of the world with utter disregard for anything but your own selfish needs. The "American" drive to be successful at all costs, and the each man for himself mentality, has created a complete mess out of what was once a promising and great country.

Don't even get me started on the subject of Americans and their guns either, it's completely hypocritical to suggest America needs it's guns to fight "tyranny" when that's exactly whats been occurring for the last couple of decades and yet no American has done a damn thing about it. I'm almost starting to think that you guys should be allowed to keep your gun laws the way they are so as to thin out the population of America a bit (through ever-increasing mass shootings) so perhaps there would be less Americans to wave the flag and contribute to screwing the world up.

You would be hard-pressed to find too many 'non-Americans' who don't think that America has had it's day and needs to fade away.

Be allowed to keep our guns? We didn't ask for permission friend! We are gonna keep em like it or not.

Very simply we are interested in unrest to better our position as the largest energy exporter in the world. Not yet there but 2020 is the goal. We have no interest in a stable Iraq, Stable Russian supply routes etc.. etc.. ISIS just needed more hardware for the Syria struggle plain and simple and with our training and logistical support they acquired the same.

It will happen and any who challenge it could just end up glowing in the dark! America will be remembered as the power house that saw mankind to the stars and beyond! Most of the world as serfs! You included!

You would have to pay in flesh to disarm the American populous! You may change some minds, and have the hippies out on the streets but in the end we would burry em all friend! You don't want a USA without an armed populous. If you think it is bad now, a powerless populous would see the whole world in flames. The American populous constitutes the largest armed force on the planet and this keeps the corruption in check somewhat! What you see in the world today though is by design and America is not alone in these endeavors! If you belong to an EU nation then you are just as bloody!

We don't just have little pop guns either millions of us have title II arms, 100% legal here! Well those made before 1986 anyhow. If your little country is feeling froggy jump!

You aint got the balls Son! Get back to work!
edit on 18-6-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Long time lurker here ... signed up to comment on Erik's fantastic post.

I'm a Marine and have lived around the world, and there's not a more apt statement than "It's the PEOPLE that make a country." It's proven true everywhere I've been ... from Iceland to Somolia, from B-H to the Philippines. There's corruption and greed everywhere, they're not American concepts. Look behind the curtains, however, and you'll find that most people want to share their cultures, regardless of their circumstances.

America will be remembered as a great nation because of her citizens.

Again Erik ... great post ... and hi everybody!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join