It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Was there an effing point there ?

Missed it ?

Yes there is. Do you really want to belong to a country that will mass murder people and kill innocents for not even national defense but USA politicians empire building?

The world already thinks America is the most evil country on the planet.

China and the ME might but most of Europe don't. Sure we are critical at time but rather the USA the superpower than china. USA is not perfect so cause there will be criticisms but no one is perfect. Its the cost of being on top.

But I don't want the West to remain at top at the expense of morals.
edit on 17-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes there is. Do you really want to belong to a country that will mass murder people and kill innocents for not even national defense but USA politicians empire building?

I don't want to belong to a GD country who goes to war, then won't fight them.

And make those decisions based on nothing, but politics.

War is coming to this country again.

Proof of that is those mass murder in Iraq by ISIS who is going around killing 'innocents' that is not for the sake of national defense.

But to build that EMPIRE, and their imperial aspirations don't end in Iraq they want the entire region.

Then from there spread out to asia, and Europe, and here.

But hey tie the hands of our military behinds there backs even though the military has GD rules of engagement.

The West isn't at the top, as both Ameirca and Europe are letting themselves get walked all over.

They won't quit over there.

They have things the WEST, and Europe don't have.

The will, and the desire.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

www.bartleby.com...

What the hell happened to guys like this in the WEST ?

What the hell happened.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just to clear things up what do you mean buy rule of engagement and hands being tied?

Are we talking about the what I agree silly rules about not being able to fire on armed men or known terrorists unless fired upon first.

Or

whole sale slaughter, pillaging and destruction of entire towns and city's without regard to civilian causality?

I just want to get my bearing here.....

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Just to clear things up what do you mean buy rule of engagement and hands being tied?

Geezus really think military serviceman have to be told Not to kill innocents ?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Geezus really think military serviceman have to be told Not to kill innocents ?

Well the ones in the Mai Lai massacre certainly did.........

Unless your one of the few what they did as right.

Of course I know not all USA military servicemen are like that and they are in a minority. But in every military they are there and procedures are needed to keep those few psychopaths in check.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And the Vietnamese committed their 'fair share' of 'atrocities'.

Like that barbarian horde in the ME going around murdering, and beheading innocents.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So?

Because one commits atrocitys on one side does not make it right to do it yourself,

A place that says it values "freedom" and stands for good should not tolerate rape, pillaveging or mass murder from its own people, to say otherwise makes your country a hypocrite and no more worthy of love and respect than the alleged evil the usa speaks out about. You become that barbarian horde.

If you think the US troops behind the mai lai massacre were justified or right I ask you kindly to keep clear of me on ATS asIdo not want to converse with such a person.
edit on 17-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The so is the lack of consistency there.

Holding America 'accountable' for it's actions while boldy ignoring that there were two sides there.

Two can play that little game ?

America committed 'atrocities'.

ok SO!.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There was a study done several years (1980-1985) ago by both Democratic and Republican party's in the same room about elections. They had the fact and figures backing them up on these. I believe the original data and conclusions can be found on the Library of Congress web site and possibly Blacklisted News or Cryptome. I remember seeing it on the Christian Science web site.

They both agreed on the following.

40% will vote Democrat
40% will vote Republican

Doesn't matter who is running, that's the way they will do it. Dad voted that way, they protected my race, will help my family, I've always voted this way, etc. They generally don't know or understand the issues, that's the way they are going to vote.

15% are going to vote a specific issue. And was at the time of the study currently an even split 7 1/2% by 7 1/2%. They don't care about anything else just the one issue.

Now we have 95% of the vote cast with probably no clear winner. The final 5%.

2% vote for a alternative party or candidate.

Which leaves 3% deciding the outcome. Hopefully they actually think before they vote. Yea Right.

reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah Kindly speak for yourself, the two party political system is rigged, you and I both know it, I have gladly wasted my vote the last 3 election cycles on 3rd party candidates, until something gives though, I admit its a wasted vote, but I refuse to be part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
(combined with post below)
edit on 17-6-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

you're probably one of the smartest people on this site right now;

I applaud you for standing up to the Neo-McCarthyists.
===========================================================================================================================
I hope the USl government; when it collapses (and it probably won't until we get something like the petro-euro or whatever). will divide the country up into regions, provinces about the size of texas or alaska or the canadian provinces.

the reason for this is that said regions would be more manageable than the whole US. they'd have a somewhat similar climate and industry, and have to have new tax laws/tax codes making it easier to make new sensible policies, for the 21st century.

a reply to: Black_Fox
cultural issues like those you've mentioned have little to do with the decline,

mostly it's foreign and economic policies that lead to an empire's end.
edit on 17-6-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

that's the dollar sign, or roughly what became the $ sign.

$ = banner wrapped around a collumn.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: simsumre

The Roman Republic was regarded as a beacon of civilization. It had democracy, civil rights, and several other aspects that most of us mistakenly think of as modern concepts. For their time, they were pretty much the "good guys".

They became too big for their britches, became empirical like the US, and, after it fell apart, people who were victimized by the empire were left to tell the tale. This will be the way of America if it disintegrates any time soon.

Honestly, though, I don't see that happening. I can see it merging, splitting, annexing, evolving, and devolving but I don't see it vanishing.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: thesaneone
Nothing would make me happier then having America isolate herself from the rest of the world just so we can sit back and listen to the rest of the world cry and beg for our help and when we ignore the cries for help then we can read on ATS how mean we are for not helping.

Point is no matter what we do or don't do other countries will always hate America and for no other reason then jealousy.

You're probably right.....

Anyone who thinks Churchill would have asked for help if he didn't need it is a fool. He was one of the strongest leaders in history, he liked to say he wooed Roosevelt into the war. Churchill was an intellectual giant compared to Roosevelt. He would have never asked if he didn't need it. How he and Roosevelt actually got us into the war is yet another conspiracy.

Churchill knew that American as well as British interests where under threat from Nazi Germany. Why should Britain alone take the fight to Nazi's.Churchill wanted The U.S. to make a fair contribution in defeating Hitler. Only problem is the American's charged for it.

Probably the only "Charge" they made throughout the war

Both US and Canada loaned England money but not until after the war, US 6 billion if I am not mistaken and Canada 1.5 or so. Amazing enough your country made the final payment in 2006, no hurry we are just across the pond. You received our goods and blood during the war for FREE. (that means no charge) We loaned you money for rebuilding and leftover military items you wanted to keep.

As far as the internet and the World Wide Web, the internet is the hardware and the www is the protocols only a small portion of the net today although the contribution important. In the US we were sending emails from college to college before anyone even had an idea of the protocols required to create the WWW. The internet was created by DARPA as a means to communicate between missile silos incase one connection was severed there could still be communications to launch.

So yes you can claim the web, but it's kind of like we invented the car and you added a steering wheel when we were already steering with a wrench. The internet was established and functional before the WWW protocols were invented. Never mind the computer to run the whole shebang or would you like to claim those as well?

Now are you to tell me, (we should start at the beginning ) with German uboats sending english iron to meet davey jones without the american navy you would be fine? That shipping and the queens navy would be fine without Americans? Because of the technology to detect german subs and the American tactics to attack the subs English naval warfare was spared from having more iron on the bottom than was available on the island.

So you're saying we got into the war so we could make a fair contribution to fight the nazi's and we chagred you for it? We lost the pretty much same amount of people you did about 450K because it was a fair contribution on our part? Again we were not threatened by the Nazi's it was you that asked for help and it wasn't for a fair contribution. If we had charged you for the war effort based on your payment progress for 6 billion loan to rebuild we would still be waiting for repayment.

More delusional rubbish from our American friends i see.

1) Yes the WWW was put on top of the internet. Just like The U.S. was put on top of the 13 colonies.

2) No. Britain didn't depend on U.S. technology to detect U Boats. Britain had her own thanks very much

en.wikipedia.org...

3) Yes. Britain can claim The Computer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry to burst your bubble old boy.

Colossus is taking some serious liberty with the phrase computer, I think Konrad Zuse might have something to say about it. With the interchangeable wheels it really is nothing more than a very large calculator. No disrespect to the inventors but really, computer? Besides if the colossus was so good why didn't Nasa use it for astronomical calculations? Lets not forget, if you want to take credit for colossus you have to give the polish mathematicians a little credit don't you think?

Sorry but the inventor of underwater detection for subs was all American. Read Battle of the Atlantic

It always amazes me the 13 colonies come up, some people never let go, but you got in a spot of trouble there too old boy. Yeah those farmers were a tough lot. Let alone an industrial bunch with roughly 5 times the GDP than the UK.

Hardly rubbish

There are two versions of world history.
The American version.
The real version.

I see you take you events of world history from the American version.
I would bet you didn't even read those links i posted. If you did, you would see that they are in complete opposite to what you have stated.

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Actually I did read your articles, they all originate in the same place wikipedia. So I extended the same courtesy of which it is obvious you didn't read. It's ok I do most from memory of things I have read not wikipedia. It was you and kryties that went down this road when you trash talked America. I am not going to let it stand this country has done more good for the world than anyone else, and for you not to recognise the American sacrifice in blood and money only shows your lack of history or more likely your disdain for our success.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

Well...

I guess at times, they've managed to pull just about every vote above that 40% base, too.

These days it seems more 50/50 to call on the nose ..or recount. Almost like it's meant to be that way for added drama and entertainment for how consistent that is as an average point on the scale of %'s, IMO.

I see state issues carry with strong for and against with clear feelings shown, but the national level has come to carry the very strong feel of manufactured outcome on a lot more than just one race.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: LamontCranston

Well...

I guess at times, they've managed to pull just about every vote above that 40% base, too.

These days it seems more 50/50 to call on the nose ..or recount. Almost like it's meant to be that way for added drama and entertainment for how consistent that is as an average point on the scale of %'s, IMO.

I see state issues carry with strong for and against with clear feelings shown, but the national level has come to carry the very strong feel of manufactured outcome on a lot more than just one race.

I can honestly say, that during the Reagan administration, never was I so busy being self employed. We used to laugh about the way to always tell how good the economy was doing by the amount of building that was going on, and the way to tell how much building was going on was how empty rental yards were. You couldn't rent a hoe, or a lift for days at a time.

Now most rental yards are out of business.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It is funny how people forget all the good things America did for the world.
Oh well.

Like this: US apologizes for infecting Guatemalans with STDs in the 1940s

www.cnn.com...

I'll start of with this, if you need anymore heavier examples please let me know. There are countless ones...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Arrogant, thieving, megalomaniacal, corrupt, greedy, all-talk, over-bearing, blah blah blah :-)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: simsumre

As someone who is not American, I (and many others) view America as the worlds bully. America is so interested only in whats good for America that it has come at the expense of the rest of the world. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing about how good "The Great and Almighty America" is when we look in at you guys in bewilderment at the way you treat your own citizens and the rest of the world with utter disregard for anything but your own selfish needs. The "American" drive to be successful at all costs, and the each man for himself mentality, has created a complete mess out of what was once a promising and great country.

Don't even get me started on the subject of Americans and their guns either, it's completely hypocritical to suggest America needs it's guns to fight "tyranny" when that's exactly whats been occurring for the last couple of decades and yet no American has done a damn thing about it. I'm almost starting to think that you guys should be allowed to keep your gun laws the way they are so as to thin out the population of America a bit (through ever-increasing mass shootings) so perhaps there would be less Americans to wave the flag and contribute to screwing the world up.

You would be hard-pressed to find too many 'non-Americans' who don't think that America has had it's day and needs to fade away.

For the most part, I have to say as an American...I agree with you. Mostly, at least. But I do want to point out some things about our terminally ill country. First...it is not the fault of the gun owners. Most of us can't stand what our government and country has become. You're just going to have to take my word on that one.

Second...our society HAS become a bunch of whores, takers and leeches. Selfish...rude asses to be exact. The OP points out nicely that our best years as a country were back in the 1950s or so. He is correct. And there were a lot of things changed since then. We are overrun with people who are willing to lie, cheat, steal and kill for what they want. The majority of which are either here illegally or came (or were brought) here a long time ago. These are the parasites that bleed the rest of us dry and the ones who empower government through their addiction to "getting free stuff" and doing nothing. Well...not nothing...gangs, drugs, crime, etc.

Thirdly...the children. Well, more like the parents. Selfish, lazy and stupid...they turn on the TV or hand their kids "smart phones" so they don't have to deal with them. "I love you...now leave me alone". Fact is...it is mostly or only the gun owners who want America back. Many, if asked...would like things to be like they were in the 1950s...but that has been stolen from us.

The American people, meaning those who believe in America and ourselves want to cure the illness this country is suffering. But alone, we can not. The cancer is too big and has spread everywhere. And like cancer, the only way to cure it is to destroy it utterly. Tear down the whole mess we call government and start from scratch. Because, you see...government NEEDS to be torn down repeatedly in order to keep it in line. You can't simply elect a few people and change a few laws and correct anything. You have to kill it and then allow it to be re-born.

But I will tell you this...there is hope in a lot of Americans. There is a pride in what we had, and what we want to have again. Seek out those people that DON'T like anything we are today...and you will find freedom-lovers. But when you look at those that voted for where we are, and like the way things are...you are watching the destroyers of the country. And unless they all vanish or leave...I sadly believe that we are done for.

Personally...I'm too old to leave. But if I was in my 20s today? I would pack up and wave good-bye so I can watch the parasites bleed the country to death from afar. Then...once they scurry off to destroy some other place...America may be a place to return to, to rebuild and to once again be proud.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join