It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Please get back on topic this is only about how evil America is and not about the positives.

End sarcasm.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: whywhynot

Also as I have told you the www application is not the internet and would not exist without the internet.

And the Internet, as it stands today, wouldn't exist without the World Wide Web.

The internet was invented some 20 years before the www so once again your wrong

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Would have more freedom in a world run by china than the so-called freedom in america these days ..

Dump the pc bovine fecal matter thats infested america these days .. restore your constitution instead of letting your leaders use it for toilet paper .. end the patriot act ndaa tsa and maybe then you can again say you have freedom in amerika .. at present you lot are far from free not to mention you lot have the highest rate of incarceration in the world ..and thats before adding in the c.i.a's black prisons and gitmo ..
America is far from free these days ...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"How will the world remember America?"

As the Nation destroyed by design.

Rome-Collapsed
Sparta/Greece-Collapsed
British Empire-A shell of itself/Collapsed
USSR-Hmmmmm

History shows all great nations collapse and a new power rises up.
I see no reason this will not happen to the U.S

But this case will be different than most, IMO, it was purposely ruined.

Just my opinion America's best days 1945-1990

Society took a relative turn for the worse, as a culture and as a world power.
As a culture, in the 90's just go back and listen to the music that was mainstream.
Gangsta rap at it's highest moment.
And TV? WOW..
Declined ever since.
I grew up to shows that showed FAMILYS and promoted values.

Today we got what?
"Reality" TV
16 and Stupid...errr Pregnant
Why are people who have done nothing "famous"?

I digress....

The government has looked at the U.S as its own sand box.
And its own people as it's toys.
Economy gone.
Wars without a point.
Immigration will be its final nail.

This country is being looted and left.

I'd like to believe it would be remembered as a great idea, with people who tried.
The land mass itself will be here, but I could for see years from now, It splitting into different countries/city-states.

This seemed well said and almost prophetic.

~Just my 2 cents~

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Yeah ARPANET is what became the internet so yes WE are its origin.

www.livinginternet.com...
As is true of the Personal computer the integrated Circuit and Fibre Optics we stole and developed ( That is another conspiracy)
Once again..oops.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Really, I agree. Anyway had all the fun that I can stand with the purveyors of emotion. I'll check in latter. Have fun

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes as with all things sooner or later someone would have developed the internet .. inventiveness is a human trait not limited to any one country .. believe it or not but people all over the world invent things all the time ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
People are gonna miss us.

As they would have no one to bash for them star and flag fests.

Careful what you wish for.

Who else are you all going to bash ?

'crickkets'.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Would have more freedom in a world run by china than the so-called freedom in america these days ..

Dump the pc bovine fecal matter thats infested america these days .. restore your constitution instead of letting your leaders use it for toilet paper .. end the patriot act ndaa tsa and maybe then you can again say you have freedom in amerika .. at present you lot are far from free not to mention you lot have the highest rate of incarceration in the world ..and thats before adding in the c.i.a's black prisons and gitmo ..
America is far from free these days ...

Of course we have highest rate of incarceration since some people just can not handle freedom. That freedom allows the world to see all, unlike china where everything is hidden from view, but when one does get a chance to peak behind the curtain it is not a pretty picture to say the lease.

Poverty in China, I'm sure America would be so much better with them in charge.... There is a difference between living and just surviving.

Live less than $1.25 a day 13.1% (172 million)
Live less than $2 a day 29.8% (394 million)
Live less than $2.5 a day 39.9% (528 million)
Live less than $4 a day 62% (821 million)
Live less than $5 a day 71.6% (948 million)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes you are mad.

Germany bombed Britain. Britain bombed Germany twice as hard.

BBC Link

Britain's air force began to realise that its bombers were not able to find and hit specific war targets such as airfields or armament factories. An investigation revealed that just one in five aircraft was succeeding in dropping its bombs within five miles of its target.

Ha ha ha, it is really getting boring educating you on your own history. It wasn't until the USA joined the fight that you got effective bombing

Also as I have told you the www application is not the internet and would not exist without the internet.

You know bugger all about British Bomber Command during WW II. Add this lot up, it makes about 43,000 British Bomber Aircraft built.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Bombing Of Hamburg

en.wikipedia.org...

Bombing Of Berlin

en.wikipedia.org...

Dambuster

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I bash equally when its due regardless of country .. all countries have their idiots along with have their good people ..
But I admit am a cynical old grouch ...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Absolutely,NO ONE has bested the beautiful Swords of Japan,and her savvy electronically is great.Anime is an addiction ,brilliant stuff there.
England,you are"Dad" you taught us who we were before we ran away and became us. You guys were polite and stuffy before the recent EMO thing that appeared to happen after the 80s. Now,my step daughter lives in Nottingham claiming she is escaping America's guns and corruption. So I got nothin against you,she's happy ,keep her.

I am more than well aware there is a great deal of intelligence beyond America as I am that her demise is far off come what may.

Australia is a nice place,cool animals and....the HAT ,I LOVE the hat.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In the long term I think history will focus in on Europe as it fundamentally influenced the rest of the world to the greatest extent. The USA may well be remembered as Europe’s crazy nephew who lived a rock star lifestyle but ended up in an asylum gibbering on about terrorists, commies and the right to bear laser pistols.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yaaaawwwnn .. thats nice junior .. but ive lived in both u.s and china in past along with have friends in both .. from actual experience rather than statistics which can be made up to show proof of whatever fairytale someones trying to sell .. fact is currently there is more freedom in china than in america thes days..

Yes truth hurts but one learns to live with it .. carry on ... no where in this world is perfect and never will be thats part of what makes life interesting ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes as with all things sooner or later someone would have developed the internet .. inventiveness is a human trait not limited to any one country .. believe it or not but people all over the world invent things all the time ..

Maybe, maybe not. Your assumption is that inventions follow some linear path of discovery no matter who discovers it. I disagree, though something like the internet may have been invented but who knows when, maybe in another 100 years...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The discussion that we are trying to have is if England needed the support of the USA in WW2 or if (cough cough) Churchill was waiting for the USA to "do their fair part". It is ridiculous but I will give you one more factual response as any more is a waste of my time.

Read it in Churchill's own writing

The danger of Great Britain being destroyed by a swift, overwhelming blow, has for the time being very greatly receded. In its place, there is a long, gradually-maturing danger, less sudden and less spectacular, but equally deadly. This mortal danger is the steady and increasing diminution of sea tonnage.

Link

You really should read the entire letter and educate yourself. Are you really from England?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No worries .. your among many there that even though not met in person if ever did would shout a round for you .. still have a few friends there stateside even though havent been there since 80 ..

I just have a loathing for politicians .. bankers .. and lawyers .. otherwise regardless where theyre from i tend to like most people ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Of course we have highest rate of incarceration

We do ?

Less than 1% is in prison out of a population of 330+ million.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars

www.nytimes.com...

curiosity.discovery.com...

Some people must love demagoguery.

link   

from actual experience rather than statistics which can be made up to show proof of whatever fairytale someones trying to sell .. fact is currently there is more freedom in china than in america thes days..

Kind of like the your post I replied to, but hey I would love to compare my life to a billion Chinese any day of the week. Like you I have lived all over and it all boils down to quality of life and there are 100s of factors that are involved in that equation, so I hope you enjoy China for I will surely will enjoy my quality of life in America.

link   
a reply to: Expat888

China censors the internet and you say they are more free then Americans??

Okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join