It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: brianporter

America will be remembered as the birthplace of the information revolution its brutal military adventures to secure resources and its citizens insatiable need for consumption.

By people without an ounce of intellectual honesty.

As this country is NOTHING like China,Russia,Nazi Germany, or the Middle East were they go around thumping that bible, and beheading people.

Secure resources ?

How the hell was that when the biggest recipients have been China,Russia, and Europe.

The only thing America has gotten from the ME is effing debt.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

So when will you boys down under clean up that mess in the MI ...unless YOU want to sort out China but you will be KILLED defending others rights so...

The MI is not our problem
We didn't start the war, why should we end it?

We don't need to 'sort out China' by the way, our government is doing everything it can to accommodate the Chinese (which is really pissing off the U.S. Govt according to our news down here) and our country managed to almost completely skip the Global Financial Crisis because of the money we are raking in from them.

It is only America that is really disturbed by China's rise, and that is purely because China has the capability to knock the U.S. off it's 'world's only superpower' perch.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The only thing America has gotten from the ME is effing debt.

And oil. Don't forget the oil.

Also an entire desert region of people pissed off at the U.S. for bombing their families into oblivion. Don't forget that either.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Xtrozero
so what say you about Europe...

Everybody forgets Australia....

No we didn't we all know what a great penal colony Australia was.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Americans might think arrogance is a good trait but the rest of do not, hence why it is only Americans that will look back fondly on America while the rest of us will be breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to put up with that nonsense any more.

That nonsense is the only thing that has kept Russia and China at bay, and if you do not believe that then enjoy what true oppressiveness looks like. China can put forth an army bigger than your whole population, so have fun with that, and if you think that either of those countries are past any point of expansion then that could be your folly in the end.

China would dominate the world if they could, they want to and will try one day. Russia would just be happy with all their old satellite countries back and 1/2 of Europe so they are not quite as ambitious as China.

But think of a world controlled by China, just look how they live and think, so imagine that cancer everywhere.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: simsumre

There is life in America yet... All countries have ups and downs
through out history...

Just look at Germany or Japan.

America needs to change but it is far from finished

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

How much oil did we get?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

No we didn't we all know what a great penal colony Australia was.

Wow, nice troll attempt.

America was a penal colony for the British too, so what's your point again?

en.wikipedia.org...

The British used colonial North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

WHAT EFFING OIL ?

WASHINGTON — Ten years after the United States invaded and occupied Iraq, the country’s oil industry is poised to boom and make the troubled nation the No.2 oil exporter in the world. But the nation that’s moving to take advantage of Iraq’s riches isn’t the United States. It’s China. Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

lso an entire desert region of people pissed off at the U.S. for bombing their families into oblivion. Don't forget that either.

I haven't forgotten this:

directorblue.blogspot.com...

Some people choose to worship at the alter of demagoguery.

Others like myself like to take drinks from the fountain of knowledge.
edit on 16-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Everybody forgets Australia....

Lol all 20 million of them... Big place, but still small in the big picture of things. You guys need to start your own EU or AU...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Lol all 20 million of them... Big place, but still small in the big picture of things. You guys need to start your own EU or AU...

25 million thankyou very much

We claim Antarctica anyways, we don't need your Northerners to keep ourselves busy

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only thing America has gotten from the ME is effing debt

And continued reserve currency status

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You asked.

So tell me how will the world remember Australia?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Again, you are invited to provide a differing reference.

Thats the "Internet", the network of computers. The "World Wide Web" is the application that runs on the Internet as a platform, and was created by Sir Tim Berners-Lee who is British.

This is the internet, the WWW is simply an application that would have no meaning without the platform. It has been said that if the internet were an ocean the www would be a ship. So there you go.
edit on 16-6-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

It is only America that is really disturbed by China's rise, and that is purely because China has the capability to knock the U.S. off it's 'world's only superpower' perch.

Accept for :
Korea
Japan
the Phillipines
UK
Russia
MILITARILY TRAINED AUSTRALIANS

and a couple of others I may have forgotten.
YOU are yet again incorrect..seeing a pattern here...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So tell me how will the world remember Australia?

I don't know, I am Australian therefore I have no place putting words into non-Australians mouths.

It should be you telling me but I would rather not hear the opinion of someone who has attempted to troll me from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That makes no sense mate, can you please clarify what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

We claim Antarctica anyways, we don't need your Northerners to keep ourselves busy

I been to Antarctica about a dozen of times and I never saw any Aussies, so I think possession is 99% of the law. Commanders Scott camp is still there with supplies, hay and blubber stacked up.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Again, you are invited to provide a differing reference.

Thats the "Internet", the network of computers. The "World Wide Web" is the application that runs on the Internet as a platform, and was created by Sir Tim Berners-Lee who is British.

This is the internet, the WWW is simply an application that would have no meaning without the platform. It has been said that if the internet were an ocean the www would be a ship. So there you go.

You stated The World Wide Web was an American invention.
I have shown you it's not. Want to argue with that fact?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I been to Antarctica about a dozen of times and I never saw any Aussies, so I think possession is 99% of the law.

Oh don't worry, we are there....watching......waiting......

Commanders Scott camp is still there with supplies, hay and blubber stacked up.

I literally just finished downloading a BBC doco called "The Secrets of Scotts Hut" lol.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join