It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands to Be Questioned on Eligibility for Health Insurance Subsidies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All those in favor of Nancy (bug eyed) Pelosi, having to pay all those fines...raise their paws or hands...

I hope her bug eyed ass gets voted out of office over this ever fetid mess called *we have to pass it to find out what's in it* Obamacare...

Des

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

(RAISES HAND)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I really wasn't trying to offend you =D just trying to give ya a smile, not everyone's name matches a peewee meme Hope ya did smile for at least a second.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Simple solution; get all those affected together, and have them all claim they are disenfranchised by having to provide any proof of anything for health care. Works for voting, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The simple fact of the matter is this....... Anyone that has scrutinized the numbers, facts and mandates behind Obamacare knows it's a complete joke, could never work with our current systems and was put in place to bolster liberal support from the poor and immigrants.

The entire thing from start to finish hasn't worked, in any facet, at all. That alone would seem to leave the prospect of it getting better as the "kinks" are worked out but the truth is it will only get worse as those who have implemented this abomination have tried with all their effort to hid the most intrusive and destructive elements of the law through presidential order until the poison is too deep under the surface to suck out.

I can't wait until some, most or all of these people are "asked" to pay it back. Not only will I get a good laugh but it will be a great starting point to say I told you so to about 10,000 people.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
WHAT? How can the Obama Administration scrutinize income irregularities when 2014 isn't over yet? To obtain the subsidy you had to estimate what your 2014 income would be. The dollar amount of the monthly subsidy was/is based on that estimate. Maybe they could investigate irregularities after this year is over and final 2014 income figures are available, but doing so now isn't mathematically possible. Jeeez!

Another pothole in the road is that there is NO leeway, or allowed margin of error. If your 2014 income turns out to be just $100 higher than you estimated, you'll have to re-pay hundreds of dollars to the Treasury when you file your 2014 tax return. (New IRS forms are being drafted for implementing this as we speak)

Compounding the matter is that everyone who receives a subsidy will have to estimate next year's 2015 income when the next open-enrollment period begins on November 15, 2014. This estimate will set the subsidy dollar amount you'll receive starting on January 1, 2015. Millions of people will get this estimate wrong too, which will set the stage for another repayment to Uncle Sam at tax time in early 2016.

With another report published today that shows the USA at the very bottom of medical efficiency and quality of outcomes, most Americans will eventually push for some major changes to the Affordable Care Act.
-cwm

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Don't sign up, you owe the IRS, sign up you owe the IRS,

win win for the IRS

So true Storm.

I almost laughed after reading, but the irony is actually depressing.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You mean.....

.......That Nancy Pelosi?

I'd never use such a photo with a silly prop like that ...if it weren't sadly in full context as being from what I recall as the last day before it passed and crossing to Congress with the ceremonial gavel she'd use as Speaker for it. I'd elect almost anyone sincerely willing to work with the other side. Whichever side they're starting on.

Our nation's in trouble, IMO, and we need the united numbers we all represent to fix it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

All those in favor of Nancy (bug eyed) Pelosi, having to pay all those fines...raise their paws or hands...

I hope her bug eyed ass gets voted out of office over this ever fetid mess called *we have to pass it to find out what's in it* Obamacare...

Des

Yes, My Dear Friend, (Paw Raised High), Remember, we tried to tell people, You Don't Want The Government involved At All With Your Healthcare, Much Less Your Daily Life.
But,,, Noooooo, Every body Needed A Nanny!!!!!
How's getting your Temperature Taken By The Government? It Hurts, Don't It?

Some of you kept preaching why not a Government Ran Healthcare System.

edit on 17-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a complete Mess, it'll cost us tax payers billions.
Some thing has to be done and done NOW! They've already spent they allotted amount of monies.
Here is a supporting article for you that I think is worthy of your thread.
Subsidies ALREADY bust Obamacare spending projections...

Nearly 9 in 10 Americans who bought health coverage on the federal government’s healthcare marketplaces received government assistance to offset their premiums.

While the generous subsidies helped consumers, they also risk inflating the new health law’s price tag in its first year.
The report suggests that the federal government is on track to spend at least $11 billion on subsidies for consumers who bought health plans on marketplaces run by the federal government, even accounting for the fact that many consumers signed up for coverage in late March and will only receive subsidies for part of the year.

That total does not count the additional cost of providing coverage to millions of additional consumers who bought coverage in states that ran their own marketplaces, including California, Connecticut, Maryland and New York. About a third of the 8 million people who signed up for coverage this year used a state-run marketplace.

If these state consumers received roughly comparable government assistance for their insurance premiums, the total cost of subsidies could top $16.5 billion this year.

The Congressional Budget Office estimated in April that the annual cost of subsidies will rise to $23 billion next year and $95 billion in 2024, although the budget office continued to project that all the law’s costs will be offset by additional revenue it raises and by cuts in other federal healthcare spending.

All Hail The Great Obama, The Man Who Destroyed America by Destroying America's Middle Class.
Linky

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Middle Class does seem to be an endangered species.

Then again, in the general system he favors moving us to, Middle Class has no place and there is no such thing. All are equal within the working class, to follow orders and decrees by the leadership class. Just as it's been before, so to it shall be again by how we're watching this and a half dozen other things develop in real time, as we watch.

America was the "noble experiment" in a system of Governance that had more than just 2 realistic classes of people. We've had a hell of a run too. Over 2 centuries. Not bad for something that spit in the face of all which came before and has been the target to take down every year since, by someone at one moment or another.

Indeed... We've had a real fine time during our time in history. I just wish then changes to end what I grew to love so deeply had come a few years later than they did. I'd have been happy to have died from old age, never knowing what my beloved nation was about to descend into. I'm only glad some I cared most about did, as it happens, get to miss these final plays of the act.

Well.... In for a penny, in for a pound. I guess I'm here to see it to the end and see just what America looks like with something closer to a K in there for spelling it.
edit on 6/18/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000\

Well said Wrabbit...

It troubles me so much, that at my old age of 63. I did live the good life, if even for a short time. A life where I could leave my doors unlocked. A life where kids roamed neighborhoods from home to home, playing and riding bicycles with nary a care in the world. A life where families threw block parties in the Summer with pot luck dinners.

So many have never experienced these simple joys, I so used to look forward to. A life where people were proud to be an American, flying your flag was not an issue of social contention.

Schools that had recess, and gyms, no metal detectors to pass through on the way to class. Teachers who actually taught, not spending most of their time filling out forms to comply with government guidelines.

It was a good time, of less stress, more simple joys. I too, am here to see the end of the grand experiment.

America....I sure miss her....

Des

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

=D My neighbor and My roomate and I own a dead end alley, the only other owner owns a string of rental garages that again the neighbor and us rent out, we throw a block/alley party for the neighborhood in front that is also our neighbors on the 4th of July, where I live I still feel as though we have a sense of community, when my neighbor Craig cant be here to meet his little boy (hes special needs has a private van drop him off) My roomie or me will meet him and play video games and get the little dude a cold beer (root beer that is ;D) other kids in my neighborhood do all kinds of neat stuff they did a roller skating thing in the parking lot in the neighborhood once for some benefit for the other buddy of theirs got killed BMX riding and got hit by a drunk driver or something like that, got Old folks in their 80s here that we bring them fresh produce from the garden in the spring and summer and shovel and snow blow their sidewalks and clean their parking and car in the winter. It isn't a fading memory, its still very alive and well some places and I am pleased to say I see it all around me in my poor/ middle class neighborhood. In your ripe age of 63 my idea of health care for you would be get your ass over here for a cold margarita and try some of smoked fish, stuffed pepper, and corn on the cob =D

You the best Des

Sorry Wrabbit your invited but we eat rabbit here too if that don't offend you =O

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So, who is surprised.

When the Govt (now the slave master) says jump, you (Slave) for benefits) better say how high.

Gotta love it when people were told this was coming.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just to make sure I'm understanding this. People that are being "given" money to pay for their health care have decided to lie to get more? The parasites are getting hungrier...I guess?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

There are a couple ways to see that. Sure, in one way it can be said people are trying to find more and more ways to scam a system for benefits.

On the other hand, we could say people were ordered, for the first time in America's history, to buy something just to remain legal as a human being living within it's borders. They were ordered to buy something which some could pay for, most could not at this level, and people are doing whatever they can while stuck between "impossible" and "highly unlikely" for being able to pay full tabs.

I can't pay this stuff and I've outright said it. No games about it. I can pay mortgage or I can pay obamacare. I cannot, even as a joke, pay both right now. I'm actually doing better than many, and I am thankful for that, but what does that say for so many who have already lost more? They still must pay or be subject to the force of the State.

I can't blame people for doing what it takes when they are given NO choice and have NO way to do what is being demanded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join