It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Caught On Camera Leaving Hotel Room. Scary Stuff Here!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81
Alright, "KnowledgeSeeker"... Seek this... A LOT of Radiostations have Facebook pages, Just as many have websites. Just because they are a radio station does NOT at all disqualify them from the Internet. Period.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hate to burst any bubbles, but a while back it was revealed that the guy who filmed this was an aspiring director by the name of Turner Clay. The same day he posted this vid he also posted one about an alien which looks like the same effect as the ghost, and another ghost vid that had the same effect. Before the video went viral he openly listed his name and profession on his youtube account, which he has since removed.

This reminds me of the guy that made all the poltergeist videos a few years back and then a few months later, after they went viral, he made new ones to show how he did it.

Here is an analysis i found that went over everything in detail.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

Thanks for your post.

So, now we know.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Well, all considered, I doubt I would get an answer. Can't blame him, either. I am curious, though! Having worked in hotels, and having heard the stories from the one where my sister worked, I can't help wondering.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
Hate to burst any bubbles, but a while back it was revealed that the guy who filmed this was an aspiring director by the name of Turner Clay. The same day he posted this vid he also posted one about an alien which looks like the same effect as the ghost, and another ghost vid that had the same effect. Before the video went viral he openly listed his name and profession on his youtube account, which he has since removed.

This reminds me of the guy that made all the poltergeist videos a few years back and then a few months later, after they went viral, he made new ones to show how he did it.

Here is an analysis i found that went over everything in detail.

Interesting, but the video linked in the analysis has a description which states,

This video was submitted to us by the hotel security manager who was standing watch on September 14, 2003 at a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois.

Meaning, the YT channel owner isn't the video maker, according to the description. If someone has a screen shot of an earlier description, stating it's something he created, that would be good evidence. The "ghost" in the other video does look remarkably similar, but as I stated before, I personally SAW something like that, when I was a teenager. White, mostly shapeless, and about that speed. No cameras in that case, either. 100% certain there. So, that the two look similar doesn't mean they are necessarily faked; it could also mean that they are the same phenomena.

Can you post a screen shot of the profile? I can't see it without logging in and subscribing, and I don't intend to do that. If there is proof that can be shown here that it's fake, fine, but claims of proof, without the evidence, don't convince me. I know what I saw wasn't fake.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

Thanks for your post.

So, now we know.

Do we? I see nothing on the links in that analysis to prove any connection between the YT accounts for the ghost video and that movie. Nothing at all. The person with the ghost videos states the hotel one was given to him by a hotel manager, according to the linked video from the analysis. The analysis makes claims, but they are not substantiated by what they post at all. If they have proof, they did a very poor job of presenting it. No screen shots of the YT profiles, none of any of the rest. That there is a movie made by a guy they name doesn't prove he's connected with this video.

Don't toss this one out just yet!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It would be helpful to know this hotel name/city/state and just talk to someone there and verify if that happened. You could ask to speak to that "John" fellow and if it happened, I would bet he would just say so.

In cases like this with good video and sound, regardless of all the material available for "debunking", it is always going to be highly subjective no matter what, so making a few phone calls to that place would eliminate any question.
(Except for those folks who just can't let themselves believe in the supernatural in the first place).

Nothing about it seems faked unless a person always thinks everything is faked anyways. Then you will always find something to call it fake. It's much easier to just verify it by careful, and smooth investigation.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Another point that screams fake:
The alleged condition of the room, furniture upside down, carpets torn up, if this was posted by a hotel, why not post pics of that stuff?

If that was done, people would simply claim a room trashed by a guest was used to support the "fake" video. That wouldn't prove anything to skeptics.

I honestly think the video is fake, one amongst the thousands of other fakes out there

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How in the hell can anyone know if it is fake or real by sitting at a computer desk.Sick and tired of dumb and stupid skepticism that does not even investigate.Your giving an opinion is all.

There is no possible way you know if it is fake or real unless you investigate like you would a crime scene,surely we are smarter people than this and the dishonest skepitcism is not being a skeptic.A skeptic would go and investigate the scene and the cameras they used and interview the people and read through history if a murder or any human being ever died in this room.This country and some people are beyond stupid.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Movies like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity also claimed their footage came from another source in the opening titles. I honestly wish we had good footage of this sort that could not be disputed, but when a video even has been even remotely linked to a guy who has said he does visual effects for a living I fear that it just doesn't ring true. The camera angles, the sound quality, even the response of the "participants" screams out that this is fiction.

I understand that there is no definitive proof that this is fake. But when the original poster of the vid refuses to give out any specifics so actual investigations and verification can be done, it just stinks.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
What do you think?

Hoax-tastic. Clicking the link takes you to a different video with the same kind of "narration" and set-up, which would indicate to me that these things are staged.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Another point that screams fake:
The alleged condition of the room, furniture upside down, carpets torn up, if this was posted by a hotel, why not post pics of that stuff?

If that was done, people would simply claim a room trashed by a guest was used to support the "fake" video. That wouldn't prove anything to skeptics.

I honestly think the video is fake, one amongst the thousands of other fakes out there

It's very possible. There are some oddities, such as never hearing the guy we see in the discussion. That bugs me a bit. Without being able to question those involved, it's impossible to know if there is a legitimate reason for that or not. If we were hearing just a phone call between the desk and the one guy, that would make sense. The screams would have had to be pretty loud, though.

The biggest thing that gets me is the "ghost" looks SO much like what I saw. Amorphous white form, just moving past the door. That, and knowing of at least one haunted hotel room make me keep an open mind till we can know with more certainty. Fake or real; neither would surprise me at this point.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Movies like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity also claimed their footage came from another source in the opening titles. I honestly wish we had good footage of this sort that could not be disputed, but when a video even has been even remotely linked to a guy who has said he does visual effects for a living I fear that it just doesn't ring true. The camera angles, the sound quality, even the response of the "participants" screams out that this is fiction.

I understand that there is no definitive proof that this is fake. But when the original poster of the vid refuses to give out any specifics so actual investigations and verification can be done, it just stinks.

From what I read, the supposed links aren't proven. The guy claims they are linked, but offers literally NO evidence to support his claim. At least the video is evidence of something. The claims aren't. I won't consider those until there is some definitive proof. I will consider that this could be faked; I just haven't seen any good reason to believe so as of yet. Could be wither way at this stage, as far as I am concerned. That actually looks very real to me. Plus, since the one YT link did state this was a Wingate hotel chain in Illinois, someone could conceivably check out all of those in that area, and see if the layout matched. We do have a room number, after all. It would be time consuming, yes, but possible.

The camera angles don't convince me. I have seen video cameras in hotels that were placed in a similar fashion. That makes me tend to consider it more likely real, not less. The sound quality is an issue, but we don't know what sort of system is claimed to have recorded this. If it was over a phone line, then not hearing the guy in the hallway and room would make sense. Since we don't know, it's impossible to say too much there. The way they talked seems real enough to me. I worked some years in hotels, and I didn't catch anything that sounded off in that regard. Weird situation, to be sure, but not necessarily fake. Not necessarily real, either, but I won't close the possibility just yet. I have seen something that looked like the white "ghost" int he hallway, too.

If it's a fake, it's pretty good, in my opinion. I'd like to know what specific hotel, myself, to see if anything feels weird in that area.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Faker than Fake. Sorry but this is the kinda stuff paranormal state comes up with.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The hotel is the Wingate Hotel in Tinley Park in Illinois, room 209 (which has had some genuine paranormal complaints from guests over the years). This video is however a fake, It was a viral marketing attempt by a band. It was extensively discussed on the paranormal sub-reddit thread over on Reddit roughly 11 - 12 months ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

there is no option . We have to accept that ghost are living around us

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HenryWilliamsonn
a reply to: sled735

there is no option . We have to accept that ghost are living around us

Great first post man!

Hey, always check the date of the last post, searches take you places that havnt been visited for a while. We have all done it.

Expand on your story bro - bring the thread back to life.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
1) Hotels generally don't have one camera for every single door in the hotel.

2) When you walk into a dark room, any room, let alone one with screaming, what is the first thing you do? Turn the lights on... He didn't, which leads me to believe this is just a fake.

Sorry.
edit on 17-3-2015 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I certainly don't know if it is real or fake but, I thought I saw a few things like:

It appears as if he reaches for the light switch with his left hand before entering the room, maybe they didn't work?
Also, I'm sure I saw the hallway light to the left of the room flicker twice (1:39)...not sure now exactly at what point and that could have been a "glitch" in the recording or YT video...

I think I've seen some hotels have cameras at "T" locations in hallways and that is what this looks like to me.

Just my opinions and observations. Thanks Sled!
Now, I've watched it again and he seems to reach for something toward the wall on the right where the bathroom door would normally be but, I don't think that is where the light switch would normally be so, I think I was wrong about that!

edit on 17-3-2015 by TNMockingbird because: watched video again

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join