It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Japanese F-15 fighter planes closely follow Chinese aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Seems Japan is taking the initiative in the regional dispute buzzing Chinese patrol flights

BEIJING, China- The Chinese Defense Ministry has accused Japan of hyping up a “close encounter” of military aircraft that ensued between the Japanese F15 fighter planes and the Air Force of China’s People’s Liberation Army, saying that the ground accusation aims to deceive the international community and “smear the images of China and Chinese military.”

In the video released by China Military Online, two F15 fighter plane from Japan closely followed the China’s Tu 154 on June 11 during the Air Force of the People’s Liberation Army’s routine patrol missions in the East China Sea Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ). The Chinese military estimated that the distance between the Tu 154 and the two Japanese F15 fighter planes is around 30 meters from 10:17 to 10:28.

kickerdaily.com... nes-closely-follow-chinese-aircraft/

IMO good, let Japan continue building and keeping the US less and less involved in that land grab cluster-chuck

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Yeah, China has exactly no room to complain here considering the number of times they've buzzed aircraft and pushed the limits, including the collision with the US EP-3C that almost caused it to crash.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, China has exactly no room to complain here considering the number of times they've buzzed aircraft and pushed the limits, including the collision with the US EP-3C that almost caused it to crash.

And thanks to you Zaphod I learned when the 2nd F-15 was shown he did the traditional "roll" to say I'm armed air-to-air. Part of the reason I love ATS!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I despise the inflammatory actions by all the regional countries involved in these disputes (South Korea, Japan, Vietnam and of course China mainly). That said, i find it absolutely hilarious that the Chinese were able to put their money where their mouth is, and prove that Japan lied on the international stage in regards to the above incident.

Well played, China.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

And thanks to ATS I too just learned something from your post about the "roll" to let them know that they are indeed prepared for Air to Air combat. Very cool. My thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The roll actually showed that they were not carry weapons other than the large storage tank...it goes both ways....45 seconds and you can clearly see nothing is on the rails...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

They've got something on the shoulder rails above the fuel tanks on either side. Those rails aren't completely round, and there's something round sticking off. It's an odd shape, and I can't tell what it is with that quality of video, but there's something unusual there.

These are the normal missile rails carried on an F-15.

The Japanese have several home designed missiles, including an AESA A2A missile they've developed.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think it's a image artifact as you can see some separation on the external rails which turns into two individual rails when the plane wings pivot...I also think that if they are on combat patrols they would have a full compliment of armament..
edit on 16-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sometimes they'll send airborne aircraft with minimal armament if they're closer. They may have been flying a mission in the area and got tasked to investigate. Even a minimally armed fighter is more than a match for any patrol aircraft out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
yeah Plus if they happen to have that cannon loaded I don't care who you are. UNLESS YOU ARE AN A10, 20MM CANNON WILL RUIN ANYONE'S DAY.

I don't mind when china's kept in their place by scary F-15's. I'm pretty OK with that.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Watched over and over, and yea while the roll seems to have a blip right at the start, it appears something more than the tanks are there. If it was any other country I could see the Japanese flaunting their unarmed plane, but not against China. I can only assume (through personal research) that Japan wouldn't buzz China un-armed and vice-versa given the history of both.

top topics

join