It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay Google, We Get It, Now Stop Shilling the World Cup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Which proves that in some parts of the world they aren't willing to play a sport that is actually dangerous.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

Wow!! Some sense finally

And when you're English mate football is a way of life, whole city's hate each other on a match day or even for life for some. There is deep rivalries that go back decades

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
There is deep rivalries that go back decades

Only decades? The Leafs/Canadians has been going on for almost 100 years? That's NHL. What about the NFL? Packers/Bears. That's gotta be good for at least 80 years.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: My_Reality

Wow!! Some sense finally

And when you're English mate football is a way of life, whole city's hate each other on a match day or even for life for some. There is deep rivalries that go back decades

And yet strangely nothing from the, more violent Rugby League guys.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Ever check out Aussie Rules? THAT'S some violence. I LOVE it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh another "I don't get football, American sports rule!!!" thread.....

*sigh*

The world plays football, it brings people and nations together, it is a language, a religion.

Nobody cares for or really plays American sports (outside of America) which are just tweaked British sports anyway, but more lame.

Enjoy your World Series.... while the rest of the planet enjoys the World Cup.

edit on 16/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Aussie Football is something I've been wanting to check for. Heard some great (yep violent and brutal lol!) things about it!

As for this world cup game right now, here is a fun fact. An Icelander just came on and is playing for the USA right now. Aron Jóhannsson. He's the first Icelander to ever play in the world cup. This game is kinda big here in Iceland, we're all rooting for the USA right now lol!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Hopefully he can come in and make a difference, some huge shoes to fill coming in for altidore.
He had just got out of his scoring drought too

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Well I'm Canadian and I have to say that that is kinda shortsighted. World Series I'll give you. I don't care much for baseball but the Superbowl? That 4 SB's to 1 World Cup, every 4 years. And lame? Hardly. Look at the outright size of NFL players. If they played, say, rugby against an international group they'd crap their pants. Aside from most kickers you're looking at dudes that average about 280lbs.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, it was a horrible injury. Hope Altidore recovers quick. I've read he could be out 2-3 weeks which is basically most of the world cup so let's hope it's sooner. As for Aron he's been pretty good at club levels, scoring relentlessly , hope he gets at least a goal tonight.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

It would be huge if he did, great for confidence going forward.
USA needs to hold on to the ball for that to happen tho

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

a reply to: KyoZero

Jeeze slow down its a joke man...

And by football do you mean the one played with you're hands?

Or the proper way?

it isn't original but i call it hand egg

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Mate some of the football clubs in England date back almost 200yrs rivalries between city's go back before America was even founded! Yeh I know you're Canadian

I just put decades as an example

But I agree Aussie rules is brutal

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: blupblup

Look at the outright size of NFL players. If they played, say, rugby against an international group they'd crap their pants. Aside from most kickers you're looking at dudes that average about 280lbs.

LOLOL

Do you think they could play without the padding and helmets?

Oh man.....

*rolls eyes*

Also you can't compare, two completely different sports.

The NFL guys would win at that, the rugby guys would win at Rugby.
edit on 17/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ahahaha! Baby need a towlette? Get with the times. The reason it's being "shilled" in the US is because it is going to overtake the rest of the "American" sports one day. It has grown within the US at such a rate 12 years ago it was hard to find the games...wait another 12 years. Whoo-hoo! Go World Cup!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join