It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman's Message on Father's Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm an old man ad I miss my dad. Happy Father's Day.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I never really knew my father. He ran off with another woman when I was just starting school and I never saw him again. My stepfather had children of his own and I was pretty much excluded from family functions. I basically grew up alone in a house filled with people.

It made me tough and mean with a "I don't give a ****" attitude that I carry to this day.

Nice goin DAD

edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interesting. I just looked through three Mother's Day threads and the worst comment I could find was from a woman who said "Bah! Humbug."

Here, there is one response. Paraphrased, "My Dad is a jerk and I hate what he did to me."

Why is that? Is it more "appropriate" to hate the male parent more than the female? Is society teaching us to think "Patriarchal systems" are inherently evil and repressive? Or is this just a statistical fluke?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Here, there is one response. Paraphrased, "My Dad is a jerk and I hate what he did to me."

You missed my message entirely and I find it insulting, you putting words in my mouth. I'm actually grateful for my "dads" forcing me to be resilient, tough, independent, cynical, skeptical and self reliant.

I love and thank my grandparents for showing me how to love, be compassionate and tolerant.

And perhaps we can interject a little honesty here.... The real Fathers day was created as a marketing ploy by retailers to sell masculine crap and not to honor the patrilineal side of usually dysfunctional family life, despite the honorable intentions of

Ms Sonora Louise Smart Dodd who came up with the concept.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As I apparently misunderstood you, I sincerely apologize for my error.

I will not, however, apologize for "putting words in your mouth." I announced clearly that it was a paraphrase, and that was the meaning I honestly took from your post. Paraphrases are used by reporters, teachers, writers of all kinds. It is a common way of reducing complex or lengthy messages.

I will apologize for getting your meaning wrong. I will not apologize for announcing, "This is what I honestly thought olaru12 was saying."

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: olaru12

I will not, however, apologize for "putting words in your mouth." I announced clearly that it was a paraphrase, and that was the meaning I honestly took from your post. Paraphrases are used by reporters, teachers, writers of all kinds. It is a common way of reducing complex or lengthy messages.

"

But Your paraphrase completely distorted what I said. You interjected your feelings and interpretation of what I said...bad form amigo!!

Oh, btw, I never expect apologies from anyone on ATS and even when they are offered they reek of insincerity.

and if you are a father....Happy Fathers day!

top topics

join