It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Stuns the Crowd with 4th Verse of Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Most Americans Have Never Heard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
All I can say is...this is just Awesome!

www.ijreview.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

May I offer a bit of a rant?

There are many who say we live under a "Living Constitution." They mean we can change the Constitution without bothering with the required steps to change it.

They also say that America is the ugliest country in the world, the country with the worst values, the country that should be hated by all.

They also say that America can be transformed into a far better nation, by changing it's very fundamentals to agree with some nondescript nation that wants to have nothing to do with the rest of the world and is content to treat it's citizens like dependent children instead of men.

They also say silly things like "America was not founded on religion," or "America is not based on the Creator."

Those people are deeply un-American. They want to destroy the country, whatever else they may claim. The Marines should be proud that they, at least, will fight until the very end.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: [post=18038415]nighthawk1954[/

Those people are deeply un-American. They want to destroy the country, whatever else they may claim. The Marines should be proud that they, at least, will fight until the very end.

AMEN Brother!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It was sung in Sum of All Fears:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Most people don't even know that the Star-Spangled Banner is actually was a poem before it was adopted as a song. It's called Defence of Fort M' Henry written by Francis Scott Key in 1814. But wasn't adopted as our anthem until 1931.

Food for thought

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Most people don't even know that the Star-Spangled Banner is actually was a poem before it was adopted as a song. It's called Defence of Fort M' Henry written by Francis Scott Key in 1814. But wasn't adopted as our anthem until 1931.

Food for thought

And that the music the poem was set to was an old English drinking song called "To Anacreon in Heaven"

Probably many better versions out there too.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Food for thought

And the music is an old English drinking song.

2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
Brother I agree with you %110 ......Obama should listen to this!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Brother I agree with you %110 ......Obama should listen to this!

Even if he listened to it, it would be written off as "antiquated, outdated, based in a time long since past... "

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

They also say silly things like "America was not founded on religion," or "America is not based on the Creator."

I think being an intolerant fear-mongering self-righteous arrogant asshole is deeply un-American, but that doesn't stop most of our citizens, does it? And that includes both religious and non-religious alike.
edit on 15-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow! That is especially poignant at this time in history. He may be getting on in years but his pipes sure are great, as is his message. I hope this catches on and really goes viral.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
originally posted by: AfterInfinity

I think being an intolerant fear-mongering self-righteous arrogant asshole is deeply un-American, but that doesn't stop most of our citizens, does it? And that includes both religious and non-religious alike.
I wouldn't say it that way. I would say that those traits are inherent in human nature, regardless of the nationality.

Now, so that I understand your reply to me more clearly, who, exactly, are you labeling with those characteristics? The majority of Americans? I'd dearly like to see some evidence, if you have any, for that inflammatory statement.

Were you referring to the Marine? It appears to be AfterInfinity contra mundum, good luck finding support for that.

Were you referring to me? Please, go ahead and clarify that.
edit on 15-6-2014 by charles1952 because: brackets

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Very cool I did not know that! Thank you... I love my country ..but it is going down the tubes....as a firefighter and at 9?11 ...that is why I am a prepper ... I have a family to take care of...our government won't do crap!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
All I can say is...this is just Awesome!

www.ijreview.com...

Huh, imagine that. I know that many people in Denmark cannot remember the words to the entire Danish national anthem, but everyone know the entire text. We really only use our anthem at international sporting events and even then we use a condensed version.

Are you sure it is not the same with your fellow countrymen? Because that would make sense since you hardly ever use it.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

G.day mate. i took you at your word.
I read the words and listened to the old marine sing the words.
He, at one point when mentioning GOD appeared to raise his arm in salute/praise/recognition to the living GOD.
Mate a shiver/tingles ran across my neck and this old Aussie digger almost cracked a tear
maybe this is the verse your fellow Americans need to hear the most
Well done bloke.
To the old marine. OORRAHH Yank
hava a good one

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

G,day mate. look i stuffed up mate my reply was meant to be to you. but i listed as a reply to Charles
SORRY sport but hey my thoughts dont change
ere have a pint or 3

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150dont know about all that...seems people need to see it in its original context.Dr.Issac Asimov wrote an essay on the complete anthem....after reading it i didnt feel anything was antiquated....but then you are probably right,values in our country are screwed up to say the least.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Really the Star Spangled banner is a war anthem. Other countries around the world have national anthems with lyrics that highlight the beauty of the homeland. The song America the beautiful would be more fitting for a national anthem. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'd like to offer another way of looking at it. If you squint your eyes and tilt your head, you can see it as a war anthem, but it's really not. No place does it call for the death and destruction of any enemy. The idea is that Americans are survivors and that with courage and freedom, no one can take our homeland.

While other countries praise the beauty of the goats on their hills, or the lovely clouds when the wind is just right, our anthem stresses the noble characteristics of the people. Their love of liberty, their strength to survive, their resistance to those who would take away the free land.

I'll take that over an anthem that salutes a country's daffodils any day.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So how exactly does being an atheist make someone less patriotic? I really don't see how the two things are connected. Or did you just think of another way you could inject some more division into your religion of peace. Way to go. What a bunch of thugs.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join