It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no religion like Christianity. Jesus is LOVE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

originally posted by: FyreByrd
You might want to look into Buddha's teachings 600 years prior....

Buddha did not teach that there is a God and God is Light and Love, and Love is Forgiveness so we should live in that way to glorify God.

You are correct he didn't teach about any God. But as far as teaching go (and to make a case for athetist morals) he did teach forgiveness, patience and tolerance. He did preach peace and understanding. He did teach changing yourself rather then others (they are responsible).

And, most important, he did teach Karma and responsibiltiy for ones own actions. No "get out of jail free' card in Buddhism.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Consider using what the bible says.... You get what you deserve...

Who is to say they won't be returned here only to have the same thing happen to them that they did to others in a previous life...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AkragonI agree with that and it would explain alot. At a certain point GOD will stop the cycle and the wicked will have no more chances to learn.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: AkragonI agree with that and it would explain alot. At a certain point GOD will stop the cycle and the wicked will have no more chances to learn.

Now tell me... Is that forgiveness?

There is no point where God says Enough is enough... and starts tossing people into some eternal lake of fire...

WE come back here til we get it right... Its the only logical way, aside from fear based garbage the church teaches

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Now tell me... Is that forgiveness?

There is no point where God says Enough is enough... and starts tossing people into some eternal lake of fire...

WE come back here til we get it right... Its the only logical way, aside from fear based garbage the church teaches

I think the teachings on forgiveness is more about you forgiving others not you being forgiven by a diety or others.

As in "Forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us .

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

You should really keep reading Matthew 6 before making such assumptions....

IF you forgive you will be forgiven... but if you do not forgive your Father will not forgive you

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon You make good points but at some level the neds of the many will outweigh the needs of the few and some will be left behind. From the way i read it is a genitic difference in some of us. Something to do with being fallen and having children.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Turning the other cheek is a slave morality. Slaves are unable to fight back against their masters, so they must hide their shame and call it "forgiveness", at the same time condemning their adversary to eternal torment.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No.

Now you're just talking poppycock.

I noticed how you got away from the original point I was making, typical in fact.

I wasn't talking about justice, or justice in the after life.

I was talking about your amazing god overseeing innocent beautiful children dying by the 1000's from diseases, famine, murder and rape.

Let's bite for a second as I will still be interested in your reply.

Let's take the murder, abuse and neglect out of the equation.

An innocent child dies every second of every day from disease and famine in Africa alone. Where does your theory of justice in the after life fit in there?

All I'm saying is that your god over watches all these beautiful innocent children die all day every day, and THAT doesn't sound like a very good god to me.

So why do much love for him and Jesus?
You can love all your neighbours, do good things, be kind loving generous and caring without religion you know, did you know that??

Hence why I don't believe in an omnipresent deity any more. I don't know what happens after death, no one does.
But I'm very confident that NO ONE is listening to, or answering anyone's prayers.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon You make good points but at some level the neds of the many will outweigh the needs of the few and some will be left behind. From the way i read it is a genitic difference in some of us. Something to do with being fallen and having children.

Honestly that sounds like Christianity's inherent need to show they are better then others... Why does there need to be an end? And why should "the end" land some people in eternal fire?

And that last line comes from Pauls writing... So, meh...

Humans have been a blink in the vastness of time... So if the spirit is eternal why wouldn't our incarnations be?

Its called the dance of shiva in hinduism... And its always been...

Until we finally figure it out... Then who knows

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
You are correct he didn't teach about any God. But as far as teaching go (and to make a case for athetist morals) he did teach forgiveness, patience and tolerance. He did preach peace and understanding. He did teach changing yourself rather then others (they are responsible).

And, most important, he did teach Karma and responsibiltiy for ones own actions. No "get out of jail free' card in Buddhism.

Therefore he did not teach the message of Christ, Christ taught us that God exists and that God is Light and Love and we love to glorify him who loved us first. It is not about a Reward, it is about Love Worship because God is Love and he who Loves knows God.

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: arpgme

Turning the other cheek is a slave morality. Slaves are unable to fight back against their masters, so they must hide their shame and call it "forgiveness", at the same time condemning their adversary to eternal torment.

I'd rather be a slave of Christ by living in Forgiveness and turning the other cheek,
than a slave of Satan living in revenge and stress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join