It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Dinosaurs Walk Among Humans in the Days of the Bible?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar How long did there children live? A bit longer than decades. Eat the fruit and you will die. This opens the door to the possibility that they were free of death before the temptation of satan. The simple fact that moses choose a snake that would eat the other snakes shows much knowledge of snakes. the expert part is a word you added. You will have to convince me that every creation story i have ever heard includes satan but you interupt it different then try to elevate yourself above anyone else that interputs scripture. How are you not jamming squares into rounds? if you like being speechless then just view my post history.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Oh my god. I can't believe I didn't notice this. I feel honored!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux
a reply to: adjensen

Oh my god. I can't believe I didn't notice this. I feel honored!

Actually, show broke as soon as they started talking about your topic...

Wonder if that was God's doing... or little cat in tube, as we have been told...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

It broke? What do you mean?
I don't know what little cat in tube means tbh.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

We had a cat-induced technical glitch that caused about a ten minute outage. But we resumed the topic when we came back and had a good discussion.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As adjensen has explained glitch... here is explanation what cat in tube means...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: peter vlar How long did there children live? A bit longer than decades.

where in genesis does It state that the incestuous offspring of Adam and Eve lived longer lifespans than humans do now? technically as long as they're not living more than 200 years the life span would be decades, or are you claiming they lived centuries?

Eat the fruit and you will die. This opens the door to the possibility that they were free of death before the temptation of Satan.

I suppose in revisionist land it opens that door, but can you support the notion with the scriptures? If the Bible is the word of God, then reinterpreting or altering aspects to suit your personal inclinations sounds sinful to me

The simple fact that moses choose a snake that would eat the other snakes shows much knowledge of snakes. the expert part is a word you added.

moses didn't choose any snakes, god chose which snake Aaron's staff would become. This is evidenced in Exodus:3 where moses was surprised when he threw down his staff and it turned into a snake so he obviously didn't control, let alone know what was happening. Nor did he with Pharaoh as his brother threw down the staff. Have you read this book at all?

You will have to convince me that every creation story i have ever heard includes satan but you interupt it different then try to elevate yourself above anyone else that interputs scripture.

maybe that's the problem, you're going by stories you've heard/been told and I'm reading the actual scriptures which make NO MENTION OF SATAN IN GENESIS

How are you not jamming squares into rounds?

because I'm not reinterpreting scripture to suit my personal bias or agenda, I'm reading the text and comparing that to the works of theologians who's sole purpose in life is to understand and teach the bible.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar LOL Tell me what version of the bible i can quote from that you would accept it as being correct. Again you claim that every interputation is wrong accept yours. It is a silly game you play to go against everything that has been handed down to us. It is crazy for you to claim any knowledge of the bible and then not know that Adam's offspring did not live for centuries and not decades.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Did Dinosaurs Walk Among Humans in the Days of the Bible?

No.

So, do you have some of those "I Voted" stickers to give out?
I like those. They make me feel like I'm a citizen who matters.

edit on 6/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
this was interesting and seems to support the claim that dinosaurs & humans have coexisted..
the secret history of dinosaurs

there seems to be more going on with behemoth & leviathan than first meets the eye..
some kind of encoded mythos..
isn't there an old jewish tradition that holds behemoth & leviathan duke it out on the last day?
the same thing is happening over in norse mythology with surtur & ymir
/thinks about watching pacific rim again
/hey, they remade godzilla too
/recently we saw another giant creature called smaug
/etc
the bible claims spiritual beings & hierachies rule over our earthly kingdoms
i think these epic battle stories are representations of those same traditions & beliefs

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone would choose to be turned into a dragon if it were possible?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Avian dinosaurs 'walk' among us today, although it's more what I would describe as flying.. And they would have done the same a mere few thousand years ago (the blink of an eye on the geologic time scale, and a nanosecond on the cosmic calendar), though you certainly wouldn't consider a pigeon or even an ostrich a "behemoth".

Non-avian dinosaurs did not survive past 65 million years ago. The fact that they died out is the reason for our evolution from small shrew-like animals to what we are today. If there were still non-avian dinosaurs running around, we'd all still be scurrying around at night trying not to be dino food.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar LOL Tell me what version of the bible i can quote from that you would accept it as being correct.

simply quote one and cite the chapter and verse. That would suffice.

Again you claim that every interputation is wrong accept yours.

No, I'm claiming that you've yet to show where in scripture anything backs up your statements. You gave anecdotal statements about visions to support statements about Moses and what you remember hearing. I'm telling you what the book says, you're just telling me.

It is a silly game you play to go against everything that has been handed down to us.

I go against nothing handed down to me. I am a student of the world, it's rich history and all it's evolutionary glory as has been handed down to every living creature.

It is crazy for you to claim any knowledge of the bible and then not know that Adam's offspring did not live for centuries and not decades.

Well damnit, the anticipation is killing me... how long did they live then if not for decades and not for centuries? And please reread what I wrote, I asked how long YOU claimed they lived for. I know the answer, I was just hoping you could answer it and support your answer with scripture. Apparently that isn't the case.

OK, let's recap here. You have visions, I have read and quoted the scripture. You say certain things are in the bible yet have offered neither chapter nor verse as citation, I can not prove a negative. I ask repeatedly to show wherein scripture the support for your statements lies, you proffer in return that I am using my own interpretation and epithets of game playing and implied insanity and mean while you're the one having vision quests about Moses and perfecting your dragon slaying potions. Yup... I'm most DEFINITELY the crazy one.

edit on 19-6-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I wonder if anyone would choose to be turned into a dragon if it were possible?

Not while you're brewing that damned potion I wouldn't!

I will give all a hint since i know how to kill a dragon. One of the ingredients is a large dose of phosphorus mixed with other things but do not try that at home cause you will die and if the mixture is not right your spirit could be trapped.

I like that so much I think I'll make it my signature.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar LOL Tell me what version of the bible i can quote from that you would accept it as being correct. Again you claim that every interputation is wrong accept yours. It is a silly game you play to go against everything that has been handed down to us. It is crazy for you to claim any knowledge of the bible and then not know that Adam's offspring did not live for centuries and not decades.

Here...

Please use this version of bible... it might help you as well...

edit on 20-6-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I was stoned when I started this thread.
None of this makes any sense to me now.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar That's awesome.

You still dodged the question about what version of the bible i could quote from and you would believe it.
The truth seems to be that you do not believe any version of scripture except what you interupt yourself. My first clue is that you claim satan was never in the garden and then you claim to be surprised when i mention that the bible talks about people living for close to a thousand years. These are very simple things that i do not have to go over verse by verse so you can show contridictary proof. The things i speak of in this post are accepted truths and need no daily reminder.
Again please tell me what version of the bible you would like me to quote from that you will not claim it is wrong.
edit on 20-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux
a reply to: deadeyedick

I was stoned when I started this thread.

None of this makes any sense to me now.
Only one way to remember and make sense of it now. gotta get back

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar That's awesome.

You still dodged the question about what version of the bible i could quote from and you would believe it.

Any bible would be a great starting point. You haven't quoted anything but vision quests.

The truth seems to be that you do not believe any version of scripture except what you interupt yourself. My first clue is that you claim satan was never in the garden and then you claim to be surprised when i mention that the bible talks about people living for close to a thousand years. These are very simple things that i do not have to go over verse by verse so you can show contridictary proof. The things i speak of in this post are accepted truths and need no daily reminder.

So which is it? You want an acceptable bible to quite from or whatever you want to type is suddenly accepted truth and you don't need to quite it because I'll be able I contradict it?

I also said I knew the answer regarding the claimed lifespans of genesis. And I still stand by my statement that there isn't any mention of satan in genesis so prove me wrong with a citation. It should take 30 seconds with google.

Again please tell me what version of the bible you would like me to quote from that you will not claim it is wrong.

Again pick anyone. Just simply quote it and cite it. You haven't done it but are still whining that I wont accept your quotes which don't actually exist because you haven't quoted anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar So are you saying that you accept every bible as truth? You just want a debate about how whatever scripture i bring forth is interupruted wrong. I ask you to tell me what version do you believe in or hold as truth. It is clearly not any version that i have read cause they all say people lived longer than they do now and that satan was the one who started the temptation. I never said anything about a quest.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join