It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Dinosaurs Walk Among Humans in the Days of the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

IMO, dinosaurs walked the earth in Genesis 1:1. By the time of Genesis 1:2 they were destroyed, with all other creatures science relates to man.

Between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 is where Lucifer fell, too. The time period between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 are the millions of years man is confused by today. IMO.

ding ding ding. you are correct and therefore win a cookie!

a vast geological amount of time went on between verse one and verse two. verse two is properly translated from the Hebrew as "and the earth became..." and not "and the earth was...". thus the rest of the narrative describes God's remodeling project and not creation.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, not strictly dinosaurs, but Mammoths were around in Egyptian times. They went extinct just around 3,500 years ago....could be your behemoth

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The bible is an old book, and I think as much as it has scientific inaccuracies, it has some historical references that could be stuff that we could always take a second glance at and question and so on.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I'm going to be honest with you - I'm not asking the question in the title. I know dinosaurs didn't walk the planet even close to the same time as humans did. It's just a stunt for you guys to get to my real question (something frequently used in newspapers, headlines, magazines) - were the Leviathan and Behemoth real animals, and what could they have been?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Gotcha.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes, they were. God tells Job - “Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you;" Job 40:15.

If God says it is, then it is. He does not lie

On what type of animals they were? The leviathan, again IMO, is a large sea creature/serpent, or could even be dragon like. The Behemoth was a giant land animal, dinosaur-ish.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I really disagree with the "7 day creation works because 1 day to us is 1000 years to god" theory.

The bible specifically states god created the world in 7 days. A day is not a human made concept. It's not changeable like months minutes and hours. A day from gods point of view would be the same as a day from humanities view. One spin on the earths axis.

If the bible said god created the world in 7 hours, then I'm with you. An hour is a human concept having nothing to do with physics. But it says a da and a day is fixed from anyone's POV.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

But GOd didn't say it. The bible is a recording by men who say he said it. God nor Jesus wrote any of the bible. The followers of their followers did. So whoever said god said it. God personally didn't say it.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

If we believe that the bible was written with the knowledge of man himself, we can stop all we live for. I trust that The Word was written by The Holy Spirit through man.

As we study The Word, The Holy Spirit guides us to the truth. With The Written Word we gain knowledge in the spirit by The Spirit.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They still walk among us today. Good luck finding them because of the cloak. Another question could be does anyone think they would be ready when they uncloak again?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What knowledge has been gained?

What knowledge has Christianity given humanity that wasn't there before Christianity?

After thousands of years with millions of followers attempting to make predictions and find some proof of the validity of the bible. What does any religion have to show for it?

Especially what do they have to show for it that came solely from Christianity?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Absolutely.

Science has become nothing more than a massive form of mind control and propaganda with less credibility than the MSM.

Science fundamentalism has ZERO credibility.

human footprints with dinosaurs - Google Search

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The knowledge I have gained is The Truth. It is Jesus. Our salvation. Jesus is not just a name anymore, He is alive within me. I now know Christ in Spirit. Without Him I am nothing. Without Him I cannot be with God, my Family, our Father. My Lord, my Brother, who died for me. Our Savior, our God. He is all I need and desire.

What predictions? End of time prediction? If it is end of time predictions you are talking about I can say that those who do it are false or lost Christians. No one knows when it will be.

As to prove validity of The Word is comes down to faith;

When my life started to turn I never touched the Bible. I prayed daily. I could pray a couple of hours at a time, still i didn't open the Bible. After months of praying and ignoring The Word, I had this conviction to start reading the Bible. I now know that I was lost and an ignorant and stubborn soul.

The Living Word guides one in The Written Word which i cannot explain in words. It is spiritual. It is beautiful. Beautiful, beyond any explanation I can give.

How can I prove to anyone the validity of The Word (Written & Living)? .. All I can say, God IS.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So basically you get the warm and fuzzy's?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames

Yes, they were. God tells Job - “Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you;" Job 40:15.

If God says it is, then it is. He does not lie

On what type of animals they were? The leviathan, again IMO, is a large sea creature/serpent, or could even be dragon like. The Behemoth was a giant land animal, dinosaur-ish.

Can I ask why you seem to think that the bible is 100% true? As far as I was concerned it's a book of myths and allegories that's been manipulated by the church for centuries.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I really disagree with the "7 day creation works because 1 day to us is 1000 years to god" theory.

The bible specifically states god created the world in 7 days. A day is not a human made concept. It's not changeable like months minutes and hours. A day from gods point of view would be the same as a day from humanities view. One spin on the earths axis.

While I agree with the whole "there is no god" thing, you're wrong about the day. The reference to a (working) day would be relative to the location of the work being carried out.

If "god" called the galaxy known as the milky way home, then using the premise of a day equaling one full revolution, a galactic day would equally roughly 222 million earth days.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its irrelevant though as there is no god to do all of the creating regardless of how much time it had.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I get fulfillment. Once you give yourself to God, wholly, you will understand what it is to live with and without God. I know where you are going with warm and fuzzy. In Spirit you are on a level which you cannot "see" and "hear" in flesh. Anything I say will be questioned by you. It is what you believe. I am not going to debate chemical release of the brain.

There will come a time, in each one's life, where we will go on our knees to talk to God. That is our God monitor. We will hear the voice of our Father, and follow It

@ AngryCymraeg;

I did explain that in a previous post in this thread

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Absolutely.

Science has become nothing more than a massive form of mind control and propaganda with less credibility than the MSM.

Science fundamentalism has ZERO credibility.

human footprints with dinosaurs - Google Search

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

LMAO! Please people check the link provided in the quote! That's your evidence? Lol!

It's a Christian conspiracy site...... Some idiot yelling about how the satan illuminati is comming to get us!! Just look at the symbolism!!! You guys make my point for me. :p

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So you get a lasting warm and fuzzy.... Cults feel the same way..... As do women who allow them selves to be beaten by there partner. Muslims feel the same as do Buddhists. As do people at concerts....

There is nothing unique about Christianity. Y'all lock on to something you THINK is the way things should be and warp it to fit reality.

"I got a good fuzzy feeling" isn't proof of anything more then brain chemistry.
edit on 16-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am a poor Christian. I do not go to church etc etc.

But when I see posts like yours, it makes me wonder if we are blind men attempting to describe an elephant by touching one aspect of the elephant.

Nevertheless, all that aside.

I know that there is no proof whatsoever (except for the feet-print), in fact, there is much more proof supporting that man did not co-exist with dinosaurs. I find the feet-print fossils placing dinosaur feet-print alongside that of man's to be intriguing. I can imagine a scenario whereby they might appear to co-exist (the feet-print) but proper examination would show them to have been laid down at separate times.

In a situation whereby dinosaurs have left their prints, with another protecting layer of sedimentation being laid down on top, and then hardened to sandstone (both layers) with the upper layer being softer and more porous. Then the upper layer becomes weathered/eroded with an additional layer of clay sedimentation being laid down, for example, upon which man walks. Then additional layers of sedimentation being laid down, I could see how the 2 prints could appear to be from the same era. However, as I stated, proper examination should prove the difference between the 2 layers in question.

edit on 16-6-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join