It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incurable chikungunya virus spreads in US, at least 6 states affected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bjax9er

Yes. Let's let the free markets take care of it. Their intelligence, justice and morality are superior to that of unaffiliated groups of humans.

Please spread the word! June 21 is National Burn Your Trash Day. Libertarians across this great nation will be burning their garbage on their front lawns to protest the tyranny of the USG and specifically EPA. If you live in an apartment, please don't ask a Libertarian to burn on their lawn. Get your own or stay out of the way.

Engage freedom on the count of 3!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

An interesting selection of stats reporting illness.

RT has lost all credibility imo and are nothing more than Russian State propaganda.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I was out at a friends house lastnight, (Indiana) and I got bit atleast 5 times by mosquitos. I always get bit, they love my blood. I guess in a couple days I'll find out if I got it...I hope not.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

lol as if I needed another reason not to go to the states

Americans cant seem to turn a trick these days huh? Poor bastards.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Damn it!!!

I had the flu a few weeks ago. The joints in my legs have been killing me ever since.

Sometimes it gets so bad my leg gives out.

This is not good.

LOL

Thanks for ruining my night.

My wife isn't going to like this.

link   
Oh yeah, and I've been getting nauseous lately. Often.
edit on 16-6-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

Detroit area here.

link   
Double.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like Ross River Fever...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A source more reliable than RT.

U.S. Officials Keep Close Eye On ‘Miserable’ Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus - CDC: Cases Confirmed In 15 States, Including N.Y., With 25 In Florida Alone

Apparently RT got the incurable part wrong though -

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — First there was West Nile virus. Now health experts are warning about another virus carried by mosquitoes.

The chikungunya virus — or “chik-v” — has sickened tens of thousands of people throughout the Caribbean with high fever and severe pain. Now Americans are coming down with it, too, and there’s fear that it will spread, CBS 2′s Kristine Johnson reported.

“This is not a fatal infection; it’s just a miserable infection,” said Dr. William Schaffner, chairman of Vanderbilt University’s Department of Preventive Medicine.

Cases of the mosquito-borne virus have been confirmed in 15 states, including New York. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 25 cases have been reported in Florida alone.

“The chikungunya fever will last for three, four, five days,” Schaffner said. “You’re miserable. Then you’ll get better. We can treat you symptomatically.”

So far, all of the infected Americans have contracted the virus in parts of the world where it is common. But researchers are worried that mosquitoes in the U.S. could pick up the disease by biting infected people.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We've had 6 cases here in Venezuela as of today(June 18th). Always a bad thing when these things go crazy like when the H1N1 exploded.

Anyways,just to inform/warn those who read this.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

With everything else going on in Venezuela, you've got this, too? My deep sympathy.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Lol we just can't get enough of the world's best!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are no incurable diseases, only incurable people! If you don't believe you can be cured and stop looking for the answer, you will be incurable, not of the disease or condition, but by your giving up and not pushing forward. That being said, I believe that a lot, if not most of our most common viuses and related outbreaks have been created by modern science. They then test it on our military (I'm a Marine Corps veteran myself and know this is true), then the general population.

Don't worry about whatever new virus or "outbreak" or "Incurable virus" that is unleashed on you. Instead take some action and learn to keep your immune system boosted high enough that 99% of all this crap washes like water off a ducks back. Your immune system can keep you safe from all this crap if you keep it strong. Here is a list of things you can do/take to strengthen your immune system, herbs and zeolite powders:

thehealingfrequency.com...

www.academia.edu...

If you take control of your own health, your doctor won't tell you how to do this unless they're a holistic doctor that actually cares about your health, AND knows what to do!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join