It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not racism, it's Peniaphobia and Scelerophobia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I first read your title I admit that I immediately began thinking that you were wrong. But I read the thread and put in a bit of effort looking for videos of speeches by self-proclaimed racists, and I must say that I agree with you. Watching some of these people speak it is fairly obvious when you hear them discuss why they do not like certain races that it is not the race of these people at all. It is so obvious that I cannot believe I never thought of this idea before. Their words have a common, underlying thread that does seem to go beyond race, as you hypothesized.

In fact, if one ponders the issue, it seems difficult that someone could even produce a speech on why they do not like certain races without many of the real issues coming to light. Getting to the bottom of the issue with a particular subject by presenting various hypothetical instances to them seems like a great idea in my opinion, mainly because it forces them to think about their own beliefs. I would estimate that the majority of people like this do think they are racist, when the truth is that they are just projecting their dislikes onto a certain race. This was a very interesting read, and I thank you for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

You are quite right my friend. As a South African, i have lived in one of the most corrupt countries in the world, were the prime minister uses taxes to buy a 100 acre estate with a mansion for himself and luxury houses for each of his eight wives. He is black.

In this country, those committing to crime/immoral acts are almost always black. So, because I am not stupid, I associate black men with crime. However, at my recent arrival to a more right Australia, I have been able to be partially forget this discrimination of mine. I respond to what I see.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

yes, it WAS the most abundant country, but has been destroyed by the people who live in it, so living there is hard.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BurningIce
a reply to: Fylgje

yes, it WAS the most abundant country, but has been destroyed by the people who live in it, so living there is hard.

By the people who live in it and by the outsiders who are there taking all the natural resources, like diamonds. Then, these thieves pay off political leaders, keeping all sides at war with each other(to distract) and the people end up being oppressed. The same thing happened in my state. But still, how do you go hungry while surrounded by that many animals and plants is beyond me.
edit on 18-6-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join